Metro Bus Project Impact On Rwp/Isb Property

I want to know how Metro Bus Project will impact on Rawalpindi/Islamabad property in future. What will be advantages/disadvantages of this project? All members requested to shed light on this thread.

Regards

Ahmed bhai,

Check out the following two links which have maps. This might give us some good starting point for an analysis:

http://news.paktron.net/2014/01/rawalpindi-islamabad-metro-bus-service.html

http://a.disquscdn.com/uploads/mediaembed/images/833/9016/original.jpg

I think this project will benefit the working class a lot as they commute to Islamabad mostly from Pindi and some might go vice versa also. The bus starts at Flashmans Rwp and ends at Pak Secretariat. I think it will benefit most of the residential areas along the route in Pindi and Islamabad e.g Satellite Town, Rawal Town, Sohan/Iqbal Town (Islamabad Expressway) and then I-8, I-9, G-8 and G-9. Similarly it can be good for Barakahu area on the North-East of Islamabad as well.

It can also link Rawat area/DHA Valley via GT Road so people can use GT Road until Rwp Saddar and then go onwards to main Islamabad. But I think Islamabad Expressway would be more preferable.

So all in all, this project will likely benefit mainly the areas along Murree Road in Rawalpindi and Zones I, III, IV and V in Islamabad to some extent.

Junaid bhai,

Very well said, you have cover almost every thing.I heard some businessman who have business on muree road protest against the project.As a neutral person this project will help alot for working people who travel every day from Pindi to Islamabad as you said.

Thanks bro… Yes affected people usually make hurdles but then the govt pays them good money so no problem… And the more protests they do, the more money haha

Yes it is a good project as those who travel regularly between the two cities will get comfortable transport service at reasonable cost and least time wastage for waiting at bus stops and in transit

but this facility will be only for those who are using this particular road. Those who have to go to other parts of pindi islamabad will still suffer and if they use this service then they will still have to hire a costly taxi or an inconvenient van which besides inconvenience will involve further expenses