Minimum Time To Construct A Single Storey House

I want to visit Pakistan to construct a house for my parents use. I want to know the minimum time it could take from plot purchase to developing a reasonable structure with electricity and gas meters installation.

Also, what will be an estimated cost for construction of a single storey without expensive wood work or tilings? I prefer a comparatively cheap construction but better to go for about 10 years.

You can construct in minimum 6 months if u have sufficient amount in hand. Minimum 1500 Rs per sq feet cost of construction. If u leave bath room tiles , wardrobes , Kitchen Cabinets etc simple construction in possible in 10 lekh.

@Arif Gulzar. 6-7 months might be a reasonable time if you get it built on a turnkey basis through a trusted contractor. You didnt mention the size of the plot or the covered area, the cost will depend on that. My calculations are that if you are building on a 5 marla plot, you should keep an estimate of atleast Rs 1.5 million in mind plus about 0.5 million in reserve for unforeseen expenses (electrical fittings/inflation, civic/meter fee etc.). This should provide you sufficient cushion to finish the project within time.

5 to 7 months are more than enough if you have sufficient amount in your hand…

It also depends upon your construction co, if you have someone reliable it would take minimum around 8 months. (first 2 months of buying plot etc...but can be done quicker)

I know ive had many bad experiences with construction companies who start the work but drag on and then don't show up the next day so all this needs to be taken in consideration. Find out someone reputable.

Thank you all for your replies. I cannot come for that long.

Dear Mr arif .

my name is atif pasha and i am contractor , most of my clients are overseas . I construct their house while they are ot available here as they fully trust the way things work at end (reasonable rates )

if you could mention your plot size and area where you are planning to build your house it would be easy for me guide you in the right direction

if you want to have further discussion please don't hesitate to contact me

regards

midlinke@dsl.net.pk 03005344500

@sheikh Pls do mention budget as well for average construction. (1) per square feet (2) single story 7 marla house (where one leaves space for two cars)

cheers bruv

@ dr musi saab, I don't know precisely how much it would cost as it depends upon your location and your design work. However, a rough estimate would be anything from 1500 to 2000 rps per sqft.

Im unsure precisely as with the inflation prices on material has risen big time so you would need a more accurate quote but also it depends upon the quality of finish and whether you have your own design or whether you just want to tell the contractor to just copy the neighbours design.

Thanks for the detailed and comprehensive reply Sheikh saab.\

One more explanation about square feet: In 30 x 60, we have 1800 sq ft. However, usually one dont construct the whole area (i.e. Porch, some space around the house for air etc.). How much usually we construct in Islamabad?

Thanks bruv

It won't take much time, Meters of gas and electricity won't take much time, it's a matter of days of can be hours if you want !! The main thing in the area of plot, and the map approval from the concerned authorities, make it done before you come to Pakistan, it will save time. 6 months is big time, you are planning to construct a single storey, the structure won't take more than 15-20 days, the plaster, and finishing plus simple wood work, marble, tiles, washrooms, kitchen fitting and polish paint, won't take much time. Regards,