New Route of Western CPEC- Who are the Winners?

Well the news is already out. Alignment for the western corridor of CPEC has been redesigned to provide some strategic benefits to Pakistan as well, in addition to chinese trade. Previous route was stated to start from the brahma bahter interchange going all the way to D.I. Khan. That is history for all practical purposes.

The new route starts at Hakla on M-I and takes a route which provides connectivity for various important strategic locations, all the way to D.I. Khan.

Previously, with the old route alignment, we were hearing a lot of enthusiastic assessments (perhaps rightly so) of how CPEC will transform projects on its route e.g. Wah New City and Multi Orchards into an investment hot bed. So, now that the old route is all but a closed chapter, which projects stand to gain the most from the new route from Hakla? Here are some news items about the new route:

Http://www.Pc.Gov.Pk/?P=5784

Http://www.Brecorder.Com/top-news/pakistan/288103-cpec-hakla-dera-route-to-be-completed-by-2018.Html

Http://www.Thenews.Com.Pk/print/106874-alignment-of-285-km-portion-of-cpec-proposed

Interesting Hakla rest area on motorway is adjacent to Gulshan-e-Sehat E-18. Fazai Tarnol is not far away nor D18. Infact there is a single Hakla road passing by side of Gulshan-e-sehat.

I found this part very interesting in story of The News mentioned above.

“Investors are rushing to the area to buy land like gold rush of America westward movement in 1800s,” said an official.

I am not sure which project or society will get maximum boom out of this but the logical answer is all those who will have direct access to this route should benefit. I agree with the assessment of Ahmed bhai that Fazia tarnol and D-18 societies can benefit a lot specially because of the armed forces name tag and security. Gulshane sehat seems well placed also but the development is very ordinary.

Good discussion. Can some one who has good knowledge of this area be kind enough to rank these projects in order of highest to least beneficiary from CPEC for 3-5 year investment. That would be very helpful for someone like me who is exploring investment options.

If it happens as per plan then following is order of beneficiary

1. D-18 (Engineering Cooperative), E-18 (Gulshan-e-Sehat)

2. E-17, F-17

3. AWT

Its hard to rank but one can identify their relative strengths and weaknesses to see where they stand.

Gulshan e Sehat is located right behind the proposed link-up which should place it in ideal spot. However the rather ordinary development quality and less than decent access don't help.

Fazia Tarnol has PAF backing and good security as well as proximity to Tarnol interchange. But it has known water problems and PAF is not investing much in it. At this location, I would rate Faisal Town with better chances.

AWT could emerge as the top in this race IF (and thats a big IF) they sort out their interchange mess which will provide them direct access to both eastern as well as western corridor of CPEC. The military ownership, ready development and best security will lift their game significantly.

E-17, F-17, G-15, I-16 etc. Are non players in this game.

Entry pending approval. Just compared the strengths and weaknesses of the top potential candidates i.e. Gulshan e Sehat, PAF Tarnol, Faisal Town and AWT. Other projects such as G-15,E-17, F-17, I-16 etc. Are located far too distant to be direct beneficiaries. The best they can hope for is may be some “trickle down” effect.

Oh yes I forget to mention PAF Tarnol

When you ever you all property Dealers mafia start counting beneficiaries the project is sucked. …bullshit

Million$$$ bhai aisay na kahin – my hometown is coming on this proposed road/motorway. I am very happy if this come in reality.

What about fatehjung- pindi road??? is it included in the route ??

@Aman. Looking at the description available so far that road is not part of CPEC. This is going to be a new 4 lane motorway which will run parallel to Fateh Jang Road.

@Naveed. That's a good idea. Looking at the map on Google Earth, these are the societies which fall around this route: Gulshan-e-Sehat, ECHS, AWT, Faisal town and PAF Tarnol. Ministry of Commerce also lies close but its not clear what their status will be given the ongoing inquiries by NAB. So now that we have a list we can rank them. I will share my list in a day or two after doing some homework. Other members are welcome to share their rankings but also please give justification.

Sheikh sb, you are right. At the moment out of all those adjacent societies, Faisal Town is putting their best efforts in terms of development. Their planning is good. Commercial has also started in the scheme.

Reards

What is the price range in A Block for 30x60 in Faisal Town.

25 lacs to 33 lacs…

Thanks

Welcome bro

Kashif Sheikh sb how will you compare Faisal Town and AWT from investment option? Which could be better in context of these developments.

What about wapda town? Its also just next to awt.

Location of Faisal Town at the moment is far better than AWT and Wapda Town. It is right inside the populated area... It will get populated very quickly as soon as they announce possession. FT is very small project as compared to AWT and WT.

Regards