Malik Riaz loses right to ‘Bahria’ brand name

Local court in rawalpindi , gave this verdict in a decade old legal battle...

Members are requested to comment on this piece of news in dawn today...

Http://www.Dawn.Com/news/1172384/malik-riaz-loses-right-to-bahria-brand-name

Malik Riaz will appeal and this will cause more negative publicity to Bahria Town projects. In the end, he will lose this right unless he gives a huge stake to 'you know who'.

If I were him, I would simply change the name to "Bonanza Town".

New name of btk should be zardari malik town. … Hahaha. …it’s shameful than it took so long and misled so many by using fake identity of armed forces. …

Yes I agree that he will loose the case even if he goes for appeal in session, high and SC..

He should immediately change the name to Bahrain Town...

i would suggest that every member should suggest a new name to help BT...

How will this news effect bahria property market?

Malik Riaz must have plan to manage the situation. Internationally, many brands changed their name slowly and are quite successful in it.

Change of name will not matter to residents living in Bahria who are final consumer of the product. As long as final consumer has interest in the product, Bahria will survive.

Don’t think it will affect the Bahria mkt. It will just be be a source of embarrassment for the Company, which had used name of a defence organization for establishing legitimacy. Bahria has already established its brand ,now it can change the name without any major ripple in the business.

Now bahria town is a gaint. Nothing will happen to Bahria town if they keep quality and standards of their development.

Most likely there will be a new agreement with Bahria Foundation. After all, there is nothing you can’t purchase if you have deep enough pockets.

Zar malka town

I personally think both navy and MR will be better off to change the name of a pvt development company to a more relevant one.

Mansoor-ul-Haq legacy has to end some day.

I never liked the brand name “Bahria”. This sounds too dumb for a state-of-the-art housing society of 21st century. It is good excuse for MR to switch to something more cool than this too “fauji” name.

Useless talk!

This is as bazaar as it gets, one-eyed judicial activism at full swing in favor of current equally corrupt government.

Bahria means Naval and this doesn't means Pakistan Navy.

There is a different between Bahria Town and Bahria Foundation. Even a blind and deaf could figure that out.

One last thing Naval is a work used all over the world by so many businesses and its more like a common property of everyone. How the hell in the world a judge could make such ruling is beyond my comprehension.

So, that means tomorrow if I want to open a business with the word Bahria in it I will be sued as well. That's baloney!!!!

Well Sinful bhai, it is the buzz topic in the property market.

It’s not a sin to talk about the issue which can potentially effect your or mine investments.

Better MR change the name ASAP and I don't think it will affect its market that he has already established.

............RAHBAR TOWN................

First sign of fall. Repute and name is every thing. But it expanded to much to have any significant effect on present projects but will hurt in long run

@Nasir your comments are uncovering some factual possibilities and in my view its better for investors.

YES name change won't affect the current projects , BUT future launching dreams in Peshawar or interior sindh or south punjbab etc will be a big question mark for success?SO bahria will think 10 times before launching in any new city, and this will help the current projects.

END GAME OF NAME CHANGE WILL POSITIVELY AFFECT PRICES IN PINDI/ISL/LAHORE/KARACHI.

I agree with Dk, name change will show the world that Bahria can be a market leader without a fauji type name.

MR should not pursue in keeping the old brand name and giving the upper hand to Bahria Foundation.

Surprisingly cannot found any follow up on this news on the net. The Web Site still shows the Old name...