Updates About New Airport

http://e.jang.com.pk/09-25-2013/pindi/pic.asp?picname=612.gif

Any new updates?

Waiting sir.

What is this post all about ?

Lol...Nasir saab, any new updates about new airport?

NAVI TAZI?

Work in full swing. Cargo terminal almost ready. They have already put PIA board/banner on the cargo building. The internal road network is on final stages. I think it’s time that that we say good bye to Rawat rumour

Thanks for the update Ali, i hope PM Nawaz visit the new airport in Zone 2, so Rawat rumor dies and we can get a clear view of future, Top City and Mumtaz city are suffering a lot.

Ali sb,

Any news about Passenger terminal ? Sorry to say making cargo terminal is not big milestone.I mean usually its not take too long to make runway, vechile Parking and Cargo terminal for any international project. Passenger terminal usually take longer due to all facilities like, Departure lounge,Arrival lounge,Passport control, Duty free shops,Hotels,Services desk,Mosque ,washrooms, Airline offices etc

Nasir sb, Is it just your idea or you got any rumor from any source that PM Nawaz will visit, because i dont think he will visit just to see cargo terminal.He can see that in his office.

Agree with Ahmed saab. Major work left on main terminal building, which is main work but not long left now, if development fast pace resumes it should be completed by July 2015 all inclusive including full finishing touches, however, with delays we are talking next decade and rawat airport in another 100 years.

All I can say is that development is in full swing. You can see people and machinery on ground in action

I wish its true

About 70% completed.

Http://www.skyscrapercity.com/showthread.php?t=196127&page=193

This is a forum i found which is updated by the engineers working on the New Airport. It shows daily progress with pictures. According to this forum, development work is in full swing and hopefully we will hear good news soon IA :)

Any latest updates about new airport in zone 2?

Any new news about new airport?

Dealers of PECHS such as Mian brothers and Manahil estate are emphasising that the airport will be fully functional by July 2014, however, this seems doubtful! Terminal building need an awful lot of working which is incomplete. A realistic date is July 2015!

Looking at the latest developments there, Cargo is expected to start soon. It seems it will be opened commercially at the start of next year.

Rumours swirling that airport finishing date likely to be july 2015 or july 2016?

The biggest problem they have is that there is no water supply. They didnt find enough water through boring and now they need to make small dams to store water. No water, nothing is going to happen.

Airports hardly ever open on time.The new Doha International Airport is 4 years late, and still not firm date for it to open. Berlin's new airport is 3 years late and no firm date to open.

Basing property prices on its location near an airport is a bad idea to begin with. Speculators will make money but who wants to live next to an airport? In the mean time population growth with naturally lead to populating that area. It wont be because of the airport, just people building homes to live in.