Zone-II Extension?

Societies outside zone 2 are AWT, Wapda Town, Pechs, Faisal Town, Gulshan-e-Sehat and Ministry of Commerce.

Can we describe them as Zone-II Extension?

Why not rename the area as NEW ISLAMABAD and have some gov offices and infrastructure to extend the capital.

No we can not, but Government can

Rehman i know you cannot,what prompted you for such an excuse??

I don’t think its an issue that we need to be concerned about really. As long as the government, which is constructing the new airport in Sector series 19-21, wants to call it the New “Islamabad” International Airport, we should rest assured that they will address this issue as well. Its not an international border, just a zoning issue, which has already been changed twice.

I think it is serious issue for some people, because a number of government and private departments bound them to live in Islamabad jurisdiction for certain benefits (i.e house rent, medical etc.). Therefore they avoid investment in these areas as well.

This issue should be given perioty since no finance involved just kind of management issue. Tehsil Fateh Jang and Hassan-abdal should be included into ICT (previously some working was done also on it).

Nasir bhai iss tarah tou Punjab ki zameen aap loag khaatay jaein gey. Kisi aur subay ka aik inch bhi lay key dikhaein tou zara.

We all are Pakistan, zoning does nothing with “sobaiayat”.

Paki-1 You have raised a very valid issue. It is part of the larger issue of defining the Islamabad Capital Territory. The issue is relevant because the jurisdiction of State changes if its federal territory or Provincial responsibility. CDA has clear boundaries of ICT. If these boundaries need to be changed then the Federal Govt should seek permission of the Provincial assembly .

This issue is as important as creating new provinces because provincial boundaries have to be changed.

At present the area referred as Zone 2 Extension is part of Punjab Province.

We demand that zone 2 should be given status of separate province .

Paki bhai mera khayal hai best reply mera banta hai .agey app ki marzi :wink:

@A.M. Qadam barhao A.M. Hum apke saath hain! LOL!

@Awais. Come on, do you think its really that simple?! This is about Zone 2 man, I mean THE ZONE II.Its not about boundaries or revising zoning regulations, because that is not too difficult. This is much bigger, because its Zone II we are talking about, the heaven on Earth, a sacred piece of land that no other area can ever hope to match, replace, or even dream of being equal to, Not even in Islamabad! Trust me, or better still, let me give you some proof.

Have you ever heard anyone discussing about how a part of DHA phase 2 Commoner's town is outside ICT? or that entire DHA extension is outside Zone 5? Or the fact that the entire DHA valley is also beyond ICT? Obviously not. You know why? Because zone V is just an ordinary zone, not the special kind, you know, like zone II.

And then off course you have the most luxurious development in town, Bahria Golf City, located several kilometers outside Zone 4, and ICT. Any problem with that? Off course not, man who cares whether you are inside or outside the terrible Zone 4! Its ONLY Zone II that matters, the blessed piece of land, whose demarcation is etched in stone by the hands of destiny!! So grab your piece of heaven, before some idiot changes the boundaries!

Ye ZONE-II hai, iss ko Easy na lo!

Thanks dear kasif . I see my self cm ;)

Sir Jee capital ki affiat kisi main hey ke WO jesa hai ESA hi rahey warns bat rawat se haripur tak jaegi

In matters of hirig and medical .govt should make little addition that proper society's residents in zone 2 4 5 should be given same benefits as in zone 1 excluding villages as rent differences are too high between these 2

By the way zone 2 seems to be islamabad already to me .may be due to sector numbers or by looking at master plan

Kashif bhai zone 2 ne hamain bohat easy lia hai .hamari investment daba ke beth gaya hai.

@A.M. Sir Rawat se agay DHA le jaega, as no one knows how many more phases they will launch in future. Aur Haripur tak Multi le jaega, and the funny thing is, they will still call it B-17!!

And you might want to revisit your last post specially in view of the ongoing discussion, ZONE-II is THE Islamabad. The rest of the Zones are meaningless.

Doosri baat ka main jawab nahi don ga, warna "hakeem sahab" idher tashreef le ayenge...

Kashif bhai 100% agreed no other word .and the thing I enjoyed most is they will still call it b-17 hahaha

The speed at which CDA is gobbeling up surrounding areas of Punjab , it is justa matter of time when Gujjar Khan, Kahuta, Murree Khanpur(KPK) and Taxila will be part of Federal Capital… I wonder what Punjab’s Govt has to say about this issue…

Redefining ICT limits will not be easy. If you are under any illusion that ICT does not matter, then please remove such doubts. ICT has a totally different legal, regulatory and constitutional status. For this reason it will be be more valuable and more expensive as compared to outside ICT even if the land inside ICT is uneven, dry or in a ravine.

It is just as Zone 1 is Zone 1. G-15 is very near G-14/4 but look at the price difference. Even the development standard is the same. The market is not stupid for paying such a big difference between G-14 and G-15.

Similarly ICT is ICT. If legal demarcations did not matter then there would be no difference in price of real estate betweem two countries with a soft border. I know this is an extreme example, but this applies to every where. Legal and constitutional differences have many huge impacts in the future which we cannot even forecast at this stage.

@Kashif Sheikh. Interesting post! Enjoyed reading it & also informative.

@Matrix. I think almost all the area that is now Islamabad originally belonged to Punjab Govt. So you can say that Punjab govt has been very generous, they even gave some more area in Zone 3 for national forest area very recently. Not to mention the airport project which some one rightly pointed, is also inside Punjab, and so is the entire road system of airport. With same party in power in both areas, things can be done amicably.

On the other hand I think the point by Paki-1 brother is being misunderstood. I don't think his intention was to promote Zone-II but just saying that because it is such a small zone, housing societies adjacent to it are very closely connected and you can hardly tell difference about where one area starts and other ends, so it should be considered an extension of this zone. The example of European countries is good one, infact my cousin lives in Holland and works in Germany. He travel every day by car or train and says you never feel you are crossing any border, except for language. I think same will happen for Zone-II even if its limit is not changed officially.

I think in furture CDA may increase number of zones. I mean at the moment Islamabad has 5 zones but in future it can be 8-10 etc.