What is the deal with property agents, feel like i\'m getting scammed!

For the past 3-4 weeks, we are trying to find a house in the dha area (defense villas to be exact).

We have been to 4-5 agents, all sourced from zameen.Com itself. This issue is that our price range was/is 50-55k. Now i sourced the ads which specifically stated that the rent was 55k. I also made sure that the ads were recent (not more than 2 weeks old).

Keep in mind that were moving from abbottabad, so we have to come from here every-time we have to see the houses.

We would go to see the house, like it, but when the agents would call about the rent, it would magically go to 60-65k.. Like what? Why?
(except one owner who didn't want to rent it too us because were christian lol)

Right after that, the agents would say that there are some houses in another location, even though we made its clear that we didn't want portions, or any other location, they still forced us to see them. (the other houses were shit btw).

Now what i want to know is that what is the issue? Why are these prices falsely advertised?... Why are they wasting their time and ours? Or is this just a trick to get the rents up?

Does anyone know of a good, honest dealer? Any advice/suggestions/help would be much appreciated.

In my opinion, every house owner or landlord tends to discuss their house rental situation to multiple agents in the area. Every agent is trying to get a prospective tenant for a house through their sources. In this process, these agents advertise different rental rates as they are all trying to compete against each other. I am not surprised to hear that a house is advertised for different rates.

If you have seen the property already, and you are interested, then go ahead and deal directly with the owner or landlord.