AWT D 18 Islamabad

Get your questions answered by real estate experts ... I am having plot in block F and paid extra for the corner/green belt and on the main road. Since I never been to the location and do not know, whether it is worth to hold till the motorway exit completed and prices may up further.

Please advise. Thanks

As they say, banda plot rakh k pachhta le bajaye is kay k bech k pachhtaye. Or in other words, there is a fair chance that it might be worthwhile to hold till the motorway exit completes.

I guess you should hold it for a while longer bro… Remember haste makes waste and since its a land property your money is safe too just wait a bit longer if you don’t have certain urgencies related to money or business requiring money

I'm also agreed to Bhatti sb's and Khan sb's opinion. You should hold your property till all the construction work gets completely done. As you know Sweet are the fruits of adversity. :)

Best of Luck!

If you want to sell it soon, try to hold it till atleast the opening of the interchange, around January 2014…there will be a sharp rise in prices after that. If you can hold it for a little longer, it will give you even better returns. Prices are rising based on tangible infrastructure development, not becoz of any speculation. Thats my sincere advice.

Thanks for all such a sweet advises,i am sorry i for get to mention the exact location. This is corner plot backing to green area i just call agent and he told me it is near the high tention wire although standard safety land is already left by the AWt which is standard 100 ft away from the plot and also located on the main Road . Although he says plot is good and level land . Allhamduallilah, i do not have cash flow problem but i am overseas pakistani. And to be frank no real Estate agent tell me the fair market value . I would appreciate if you would advise if you have any market valuation department so i can contact him and give him my plot number. Once again thanks for every body time and great advises. Thanks

Its a good thing you can hold your plot...as AWT is one of the places where I would not even consider selling at this point in time, unless offcourse you want to get an even better plot!

Well you didnt mention the plot size otherwise I could have given you an approximate price range...although judging by the description, seems like a kanal plot since there are only 4-5 plots in F block which fit that description :) The prices are rising slowly at the moment, as most of the sales are distressed sales and the buyers are bargain hunting property dealers themselves, who will then suddenly cash in as soon as the interchange is ready.

There are now a number of property dealer offices located in AWT society itself, and you can talk to them to get a better idea of prevailing market rate for your plot. I can give you contact info for two of them that I have:

SAM Builders & Real Estate: 051-5839193 0300-5301306 Property Express: 051-4322899 0300-5351997

In addition, there are several other property dealers now dealing in AWT as well, especially those that focus more on Zone 2.

Thanks , Amjad sb and all team memebrs, Yes Sir, you are very right this is one kanal Plot, understand dealing with very highly trusted professionals team ,My plot number is F-320 , i am sure now you guays can give me more clear picture . Once again thanks for your such a detail mail.I would refer Zameen .com to my all friends circle all around the world. Once again Thanks

At this point I would put the price of this plot between 25-28 lacs. The high tension wire will be a little disadvantage when selling the plot, however if you hold it for a few more months, you might still be able to sell it for something closer to 40 lacs. Kanal plots in D block are already being sold for around 3.5 million depending on location. Lets hope for the best.

The total land available in Islambad Capital Territory and even in Zone 2 is limited. It is the smallest zone of Islamabad in size.

Very soon newer societies will be outside the limits of Islamabad capital territory.

Even the starting price of new sectors in Zone 1 will be out of reach for most investors. The other zones are almost completely full.

You can easily see that almost all vacant land in Zone 2 has been taken up by societies.

After a few years, there will be no new societies inside ICT limits and price of everything inside ICT limits will be very expensive. If you have any plots in Zone 2, my suggestion is to keep it and not to sell it.

People will prefer to live inside ICT limits because only then they will really be living in 'Islamabad'. They can get Islamabad number plates on their cars by giving any address of Islamabad territory. Cars with Islamabad plates fetch higher price.

Societies outside ICT will not be 'Islamabad' technically. For example PECHS is outside ICT. May be they will increase the area of ICT to include the airport and PECHS may benefit - but for now it is outside.

Is it true that Zone-2 only covers up till 17 series sectors. If yes, then D-18 must be out of Zone-2/ICT. Is it so?

@Intern. Yes thats technically correct but the zoning might be revised in the future till 19 series…Infact the NBBIA is also located in I-19/20 area. I wouldnt have been too confident about D-18, but the recent developments are encouarging, mainly thanks to the "A"WT Society!

Thanks for the good advices, i am not completely well aware about ICT boundry limt. Could you please just simply advise weather AWT comes under zone I or Zone 2 or out of ICT boundry . Thanks

Thanks for all very valuable advices, i am not well aware about ICT boundry limt, Could you please advise weather AWT falls under Zone 1 or Zone 2 or out of ICT boundry. Thanks

At present, the ICT limits are till 17 series, and sectors beyond 17 are not included within the existing limit, so sector D-18 is presently just outside ICT limits, like the motorway (which by the same logic does not even enter Islamabad) and the new airport. However Zone 1 ends at 14 series presently, and beyond that are private housing societies. If you look at google maps, you can assume the GT road to be the boundary line between Zone 1 and 2. You can also see the rough demarcation for Zone 2.

Yes, people say that the limit of ICT is upto 17 series.

Could some one comment on the future of Engineering Society in D-18? What are the future prospects?

Regards

ECHS in D-18 is a well planned society and still comparatively cheap considering that possession has been given in many blocks, several houses have already been constructed and families are living there.

Its main handicap is that it does not have a direct access from any main road. From GT road you have to go through Margalla View society. If the ECHS can build a good road from the AWT main gate (which already exists but is very narrow), it can have the next best access to the motorway interchange and prices will rise sharply. Could be a good investment for medium term.

Investment in d-18 seems just ok to me…it is not so attractive in my view point…

I would also recommend to hold onto it. Especially when new airport becomes operational in about 2-3 or so years, prices will take a huge jump in surrounding areas near new airport.

I am sure the airport as well as the margalla avenue will result in increase in prices. However, fortunately for D-18, it is also the site for another major infrastructure project which will immensely benefit the adjoining societies i.e. The Sangjani Interchange. While most of the other projects in Zone 2 have been facing various problems, the one thing that is going right is this project, which is progressing at a good pace and might be ready even before its deadline, InshAllah.

Once complete, it will be only the 2nd interchange in entire zone 2 (& only 1 of 3 for entire isb) after tarnol, providing direct connectivity through the motorway, and will immediately lead to a rise in demand and prices. So if you are holding any property in this area, its definitely a hold for now.

@Saadi_Aquarius. Sir if your opinion is based on quality of development, then I agree that there are places with much better development standards. But I also believe location and access have an equal, if not greater role, in determining real estate prices. Specially, if the future projects announced by the govt. Including ring roads are ever completed, the motorway alongwith the ring road network will become the jugular vein of Islamabad.