National Identity Card (NIC) is inscribed with a unique 13-digit number, which differs the identity of one person from the other. In this blog, we have put together a detailed guide on how you can effectively use the NADRA CNIC Verification system and save yourself from being deceived.
For your convenience, we have divided this guide into two sections. First, we will give you a detailed guide on how you can register at the verification portal. Afterwards, we will share how you can verify anyone’s identity using the NADRA CNIC Verification portal.
So, without further ado, let’s get verified!
How to Register Yourself with NADRA Online
Availing online services offered by NADRA involves two procedures. First, you have to register your account by filling out a form that will require some basic information such as your name, email address, phone number, etc. After you have registered your email address on NADRA’s official website, you will have to log into the website to verify a CNIC or avail any other services offered by NADRA. In this section, we will take a look at how you can register yourself and avail the many services offered by NADRA and its associated Identity Products.
Steps for Creating a New Account on NADRA Identity Products
Here’s how you can get yourself registered to use different NADRA Identity Products:
- Open the browser on your PC or mobile phone and type or copy the link: https://id.nadra.gov.pk/e-id/authenticate
- Scroll down and click ‘Create a New Account’. You will get a form-like page asking for your details – as shown in the picture above.
- The next step in for verifying a CNIC via NADRA verification system is to fill out the form [as shown in the picture below] and enter all the required details.
- The page times out quickly, so make sure to enter all the information correctly in a single attempt.
- Once you’re done entering all the required information in the form, type the captcha code for on-page verification.
- Right after you have entered the code, click the ‘save and continue’ button. You will get a verification code via SMS on the number you have entered on your form.
- On the next page, you will be asked for the verification code that you received on either your mobile number or email address.
- Enter the code and click ‘verify’.
- After you have verified yourself, you will be redirected to the login page [as shown in the image below].
Now that you completely understand the procedure of registering yourself at NADRA’s verification system, let’s take a look at how you can verify a CNIC with NADRA and avail several other services offered by NADRA online.
|Pro Tip: For better user experience, it is recommended that you use the desktop version of the website.|
Verifying a CNIC in Pakistan via NADRA CNIC Verification Portal
Here’s a step-by-step guide on how to use NADRA’s CNIC Verification portal for authenticating your national identity number:
- Once the account registration process is completed, log-in to your account using the registered email address and password. You will then be able to avail the online services offered by NADRA.
- After logging in, accept the terms and conditions.
- Make sure you have read everything carefully. If you agree to everything, then scroll down and check the box beside the “I have read and accept the terms and conditions”.
- Next, click ‘Accept and Continue’.
- Once you have agreed to all the terms and conditions, you will be redirected to a new page [as shown in the image below], which will show different identity products and services offered by NADRA.
- If you want to verify a CNIC with NADRA, click ‘Verisys Services’.
- You will need to have some balance in your account to verify a CNIC at the NADRA CNIC Verification portal or avail any other services. So, on the next screen, you will be asked to top up your account using your credit/debit card.
- Enter all the required information and top-up your account with at least PKR 300.
- Right after you have paid the fee, you will have to fill in the required details.
- In the next step, you will have to sign a declaration. Once that’s done, you will be able to verify a CNIC and use several other services, such as apply for FRC, POC, or CNIC (for overseas Pakistanis).
Who Uses NADRA Online Verification Portal?
NADRA CNIC Verification portal is mostly used by employers or landlords to verify the identity of another person. As per the official website of E-Sahulat NADRA, a great number of people are utilising verification services before making any business-related transaction with a stranger. As they say and we quote,
“Citizens are utilizing verification services to verify the particulars of another citizen before making any business deal and transaction. The facility is being used to ensure safety in all business or domestic transactions including sale and purchase of property, automobiles, ownership transfer, and/or hiring of employees.”
Besides CNIC verification, the online portal is benefitting a vast number of people in various ways. First, they do not have to stand in long queues to apply for various documents. Second, every record is saved digitally and can be accessed at any time of the day. You can also keep track of your quest and request documents such as Family Registration Certificate. Moreover, not only Pakistanis are taking advantage of this facility, but this development is also providing excellent benefits to overseas Pakistanis.
This is where we conclude our detailed and step-by-step guide on NADRA’s CNIC verification in Pakistan. You are now ready to conduct a NADRA record search by CNIC number. If you have questions or feedback related to our blog, feel free to reach out to us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will try to get back to you as soon as possible. Meanwhile, read our blog where we have revealed how the latest National Database Registration System in Pakistan is more effective than ever.
If you are a vehicle owner, you might be interested in reading our post where we have shared a step-by-step guide for vehicle verification in Pakistan.
Keep following Zameen Blog for more informative posts. Also, don’t forget to check out Zameen’s Facebook Page, where we share daily updates. Also, subscribe to our newsletter to keep up with our recent posts.
Found this information useful? How about sharing it with your friends and family via WhatsApp, Facebook, or Twitter!
Disclaimer: The images in this post are taken from the official website of NADRA.