Irfan

Expert Authority
1112 posts
8 best
Real Estate

Expert Authority
1052 posts
3 best
Become an expert on the forum, check Forum Ranks.
Where to Buy discussions and advice. Participate in ongoing dicussions and get invaluable Where to Buy advice from people who are experts in their industries or start a new Where to Buy discussion.
Ali Nouman
( 26 posts )

[13 Replies]
I dont know much about pindi and islamabad property but due to my small research i think satellitte town rawalpindi is appreciating alot in past decades or still going very strong. Is this area was hot from forever? What is the history about this area and why it is still expensive?

658 days ago In Where to Buy
    Post Answer
    Sheikh_007
    (726 posts)
    The only reason satellite town is hot cake, despite highest crime rate in rwp/islamabad, is the shop/business owners. Who do not want to leave this area due to proximity to their businesses.

The same reason why I-8 is as expensive as F-10/F-11. Proximity to pindi as i know few shop/business owners who reside in I-8/4, use Metro to go to their shops & they never use their cars to go to shops (Parking issues mainly)
      655 days ago 

PAKISTANI-1
      (3020 posts)
      Imtiaz bhai your point is this:-

Too many houses of Satellite Town will NOT be converted into commercial properties because when that process happens, there is progressively less incentive to convert further houses into commercial plazas due to oversupply of commercials which lowers the value of commercial properties in that area.

But my observation is this: Satellite Town may keep attracting more and more commercial activity due to lack of posh commercials in adjoining areas. Areas around main Murree Road are full of old bad commercials such as Raja Bazaar, Sultan da Khoo, committee chowk, Saidpur Road commercials etc.

On the other hand, Satellite Town residential houses are being converted into relatively posh shopping centres with boutiques, bakeries, salons, restaurants etc. So the potential is still tremendous. The demand for shopping in Satellite Town is led not only by residents of Satelitte Town but also from people around Sixth Road, Saidpur Road, Dhok Kashmiria'n etc. even in some instances from Islamabad sector I-8 etc.
        655 days ago 

Imtiaz
        (1966 posts)
        Pakistani-1 brother you are quite on the mark with your observation and analysis.

I was referring to the claim: "One reason only. All houses can be turned into commercial plazas"

Yes, commercial is on a rise in last few years, especially post Metro operations and also the fact that due to losing elections last 10 years (the constituencies that fell in their pockets even at the time of Musharraf) PML had quite generous development funds for RWP and to a large extent ST. Town.

Plazas and high rise are growing but on main roads like 5th Road, 6th Road, Double roads etc. That are like the main boulevards and their adjoining streets. 2 - 3 streets in the back no body cares about the proper commercial/plaza so there still much less commercial activity and ratio so far is quite ok, in general.

Agreed with the fact that commercial is growing fast and one primary reason for ST. Town being attractive and appreciating but not the only reason, I believe.
          655 days ago 

Post Answer (13 Replies)
          < 1 2

Username:
          Password:
          Email Basket (0)
          SEND EMAIL   REMOVE ALL