Rawalpindi/Islamabad Ring Road

Can the experts please shed some light on status of Rawalpindi/Islamabad ring road status and its exact route.

Habib Sb, check today's Jang for an update. RDA has asked the consultant to revise the feasibility. Now it will be reduced to 50 kms from original plan of 70 kms. This is because of the link NHA is making for the new airport that can save some cost for RDA.

Ring road will start from Rawat and will be divided in 2 - one leading to motorway and other to I16. You can look up the actual route details from newspaper and post here or I will do so.

Here is the link to original feasibility presented in 2011 to CM. This is going to be revised now and reduced to 50 kms. But it should give you an idea of overall route

http://www.rda.gov.pk/research/RRR_Pre_CM_11_01_2011.pdf

If it touches I-16 this is good for F.O.E.C.H.S.

Time to buy there?

@Waqar Sb... Thanks alot for the link.

Yes I also saw the news in paper today.

1) As per new proposal, which schemes are going to get benefit?

2) And also what do you think how much time will take in completion of this project?

That is a very good project plan.

Hope that Shahbaz Sharif government starts it soon and completes in short period.

Kindly provide the link of this news in Jang news paper, Thanks

Here you go http://e.jang.com.pk/01-14-2014/pindi/pic.asp?picname=411.gif

@Waqar Ahmed: Thanks…

Will this proposed ring road affect prices of I-15 and I-16? as ring road will provide direct access to GT road in short distance and to Motorway in long distance.

Ring road is shown connected in plan between I-15 and I-16 CDA sectors.

I-15 and I-16 will get huge benefit for sure. But the question is when this Ring Road starts appearing on earth? We are seeing ring road on the map only, on RDA web site, since ages.

Ring road IMO will benefit I-14,15,16 - as well as Bahria, DHA, DHA Valley. Bahria, DHA have 2 main accesses - GT Road and Islamabad Highway - this will add a new fast lane access to airport, motorway and Kashmir highway. We will also notice alot of other societies which are touched by the route :).

Yes - when will this materialize is a big question. Many of us are already waiting for Margalla Avenue.

This is indeed is a great news , thanx

Yup time to buy in I-14,15,16 series.

Dear brother Nadeem and Muhammad Ilyas: What is great in the news? The news is that there is no schedule announced for construction of ring road, it is on the papers only and on web page of RDA as well. If you have something different, please share with forum members.

I think PMLN govt will give preference to metro bus system in rawalpindi instead of ring road to gain political benefit. All the funds will be transferred towards metro bus system. Ring road will be ignored like what happened in past.

Agree with Irfan. Ring road seems to be less priority project as compared to Metro Bus

Yes - seems like Metro is becoming a priority for PML (N) - more like a brand

I think Metro will be useful since it will be a different project than Lahore and more practical as buses would be normal and will run on normal roads (as far as I have heard).

Infrastructure development however should be given their due share - like Margalla Avenue, Ring Road, Tarnol Flyover, Airport link road, Airport completion. Lets see what the "lion" delivers :)

If there are no special dedicated lanes for the bus then it is just an ordinary city bus service because it will stop at all signals, be stuck in traffic etc. Remember Varan which was owned by Gen (Retd) Hameed Gul's daughter?

Secondly, Ring Road is under Punjab Govt but the other projects are under the Federal Government.

Thirdly, the Margalla Avenue is originally a PPP project which was opposed by PML-N govt at that time in Punjab. So I don't know whether it will be shelved or put on the backburner like now. Politics is a very cruel game.

Time will tell but shortage of funds is not a good sign.