Split A/CUnits For New Build Home

I am constructing home in DHA -2 Islamabad and hoping to shift in new home by October 2014.

My question is regarding split ACs, please help in getting through below questions:

Which split ac brand is good in terms of performance and electricity conservation, I am interested in Acson International or Orient Pakistan.

As I mentioned earlier, I can shift in new home not before October 2014 (winter season). Should it be better to install the units next years in summers and do necessary holes and piping only. If so, what should be minimum things I should install in walls before final coat of paint is applied on walls.

Secondly suggest good vendors close to DHA Islamabad or Saddar Pindi who are dealing with genuine ac units.

Regards,
Sufyan

Go for inverter ACs for better energy efficiency....

in case you have sufficient funds of around 1 million than install heat and cool inverter AC units and solar panel system w/o battery backup for power supply for avoiding gas and electricity load shedding...the system can run care free and no fuel cost in both summer and winter....

All copper piping and wiring should be done and only units you can install in next summer.

Acson or Mitsubishi with imported copper piping only.

Regards

Thanks for comments.

Million$$$ AND DSA plz provide websites address so we can see how it looks and check the models online…

I checked, Cost of Acson 1.5 tone with complete copper installation and stand is 65000 RS and 45000 RS for 1 tone.

No idea about Mitsubishi prices and dealers.

I bought GREE ACs for my house and their performance is very good. Do not install AC this year, do it only before summer next year.

per month electric consumption of ACs for 4 rooms can exceed 40000 rs,

the only option can be solar battery system, bill free ,

but can some one clarify how many solar plates[ watts]will it need to run 4- 5 ACs in a home , and its initial cost, and working life duration

You can avoid batteries to reduce cost and use electricity directly without backup…The life of solar panels is more than 10 years. The life of batteries and electronics is lower…

Do not install ACs in new home at this stage. Dust will still go inside it even if you pack it. Only do piping for standard 18000 BTU AC (1.5 Ton) . When you shift, you can better manage AC choice according to the need.

There is an important factor in support of delaying the AC installation I.e every year new ACs come in the market with better technology and efficiency. One should always buy most efficient ACs having less power consumption. Technology improves every year.

This year Gree ACs were best probably. Imported General ACs are also very good if you do not have budget problem.

B. R Malik good concrete reply.

Can you tell in details of piping, i mean you r suggesting to do required holes in walls where AC units will come.

Can i conceal copper wire portion thats runs outside, i mean conceal inside wall with cement may be?

Also what diameter of hole should we drill for installing 1.5 tone AC.

As far as I know, piping is mostly done by people who come to your site for marketing central heating for your house. They usually offer to do copper piping for ACs too.

You should ask you chowkidar to cut 1.5 inch diameter upvc pipe into 11 inches long pieces. Place every piece at the desired site of AC. But we usually make mistake of keeping the holes at center though AC pipes are at side. It would be better to call any AC installation person and he will mark the exact places.

But most important is drain pipes. If there is some problem of drain pipes, you can conceal it at this stage.

We usually forget two things. One is drain pipe and other is keeping holes at side. Your AC vaala might object to the copper piping. He will try to convince you to install AC at this stage. But the fact is that if you do copper piping for 18000 BTU and finally You select 12000 BTU for that room, they can still manage by having a "reducer" at the end. But this will not work if you go for higher thann18000 BTU like in drawing room or lounge. So select the higher category before piping. I hope you know that each 12000 BTU is equal to 1 Ton.

Also, copper pipes can be concealed without any future problem. Jusy you have to put steel wire mesh for cement plaster later on so that plaster holds.

DK,

For 4 to 5 AC system would be very costly, it means you need a 18KW system which will be hell of a cost. For 18KW system you probably not have space to install so many solar panels, My suggestion is to for TWO inverter based 1.5 ton AC. For this kind of load you need a 6KW Hybrid solar system. It will also take care of your fridge, bulbs, fans and LED TV load as well. Batteries would require as a back for the night use when there is a load shedding.

Orient or Haier both will do, buy and install before shifting or paint, so no tension ever again plus in Oct you will get in much cheaper price as compared to next summers when you will go buy them.

Mitsubishi heavy industries , buy in winter , install them in summer and stop over thinking and came out of charm of shifting in new home to make better decisions , mitsubishi heavy industries in case u want to live in that home , haier,samsumg,kenwood , greec etc all are in other category . Mitsubishi ac work well even in hottest condition , more reliable , energy saving and extra life time .i know u will act on it . P.s : i am property investor not linked with any ac manufacturer , and welcome to dha ph 2 , jacrandians

Holes and piping is done during grey structure dear :confused:

If u did not do it , now select random areas mostly above windows , and make a hole of 5*5 inches put a pvc pipe, however real charm is to do all these stuffs during grey structure with architect design .

Do not buy general , they are worst split ac and great window ac , u will repent if u bought general split ac , costly and bad . Mitsubishi is superior of all one ton u will get in 40-45 in winter and 1.5 in less than 65000 , they come with copper wiring , in case u need extra it is costly , as u are now digging hole make sure select places which require minimum distance from outer unit . In case u do not like mitsubishi , than samsung , dawlance , kenwood ,haier , gree are better than orient , daikool , green, general etc misdubishi is japnes brand like general , but general ac even worst than any local manufacturer , p.s for ur info misubishi brothers now split up companies heavy industries mitsubishi’s are superior than the other one.

I gave lot of info in this thread as found lot of others need to know too as they are giving poor suggestions .