Cooperative housing societies and private housing societies

What is the difference between cooperative housing societies and private societies (especially in case of islamabad)? How much is it safe to buy a plot for living in private societies like d-17, jinnah garden or soan garden etc? What are the risk factors involved?

Yes please tell us What is the difference between cooperative housing societies and private societies (especially in case of islamabad)?

also please tell which society safe for investment private or cooperate????

Respected Experts please explain, ‘‘what is the difference between cooperative housing societies and private societies (especially in case of islamabad)?’’ Can anyone compare both please.

Huge pages can be written on this discussion. But the main point is that in a cooperative society you cannot have one man show and in private society who owns it is the BOSS.

In Pakistan who ever is elected as the chairman in a cooperative society becomes the boss for some period like 3 or 5 years and he is most of the time not very much concerned about the well being of the ppl living there.we have also seen good examples as well.same goes for Privately owned societies like Bahria town where its a one man show but standard has not been compromised but other doggy dealing is another matter.

I have a question guys,

I am overseas Pakistani owns a house in cooperative housing society which is on rent and taking care of a property dealer I am paying him monthly fee ,,I have original file with me and during purchase of the house seller and buyer's photos were taken and computerized system was followed thump impression etc. My worry is that am I safe dealing with this property dealer of course I cant trusty him 100% is he in a position to sell me house without me.

Kindly advise

Akram he cant sell your house without you being there if the society is not manipulative. When you say thumb impressions are needed and the society gives no demand certificate and checks the CNIC before selling then these type of frauds cant happen.

Cooperative housing society mean they follow the cooperative housing society act 1925.

See this: http://punjablaws.gov.pk/laws/32.html

There might be some amendments in this law. Confirm that.

@Abdullah: Jinnah garden is not a private society it’s a cooperative one.

I have a land dispute issue with a cooperative housing society in Islamabad. The lawyer referred me to Registrar for resolution of the dispute. Can I get contact of the Registrar and the procedure to resolve the land dispute. Actually I bought a plot measuring area 3200 sq ft but got in possession area 2990 sq ft.