Construction In Lahore - Recommendations?

I am planning to construct a house in DHA-EME Sector Lahore.

A block and plot dimensions are 55x75 sq foot.

1. What is the best method for overseas Pakistani (I can send money from abroad?

- Per square foot rate?
- Labour contract (My own material - but who will do purchasing)?
- Should I give a turnkey contract to someone?
- Should I authorize architect to do supervise? (By the way a big name architect is offering many options - From only design to supervision to complete project)

2. Any idea of prevailing per square foot rate?

3. I am a salaried employee. So I will be sending money on monthly basis. I can send rs 5.5 lac every month. Will it be enough?

4. How much starting capital should I save before I can start construction if I will be sending Rs. 5.5 lac every month?

5. Any and all suggestions will be highly appreciated please.

6. Should I go for pillar construction model as they do in Islamabad or typical wall on top of wall as they do in Lahore?

7. Should I go for basement or not?

Many thanks brothers!!!

Waiting for valuable input!

Dear Pardesi,

We can offer you all kind of services of design,supervision,construction weather you want on turnkey basis or per sq ft rate.

We can do legal contract and we assure you sincere and timely completion as per contract specified specifications.

You can double check with any of your associate/colleague or consultant to verify.

We are at your disposal.

You may visit our web page to proceeds.

www.designsource99.weebly.com

DSA

92-333-4220989

Thank you DSA,

1. Instead of standard advertisement type of reply, I need individual answers to each of my questions.

2. I am looking for personal experience and opinions from brothers and sisters who are building their homes in Pakistan - especially Lahore and EME society.

3. Advice from ordinary people who recently built their homes is needed.

4. Also advice of thaikaydaar (contractors) brothers will be appreciated. But I don't need advertisement. I need sincere opinions.

Many thanks!

Please contact us at designsource99@gmail.com

We can give you 50% Archittect design and all working drawings,3D views.

Waiting for your reply.

Regards

Give me your email address to send you all the asked questions reply…

For your Point wise replies pls contact us at our email address mentioned below.

designsource99@gmail.com

DSA I have sent an email to you so you can send answers to my questions there.

But. I am looking for opinions also from members generally especially those who,are building their houses or have built house recently.

Also from professional contractors please.

thank you

I will reply and you can wait for valuable comments from other members as well...

Regards

AOA,

per sqft rate is anything between 250 to 300 without material

turn key basis starts from Rs.1400 per sqft and goes up to Rs.2200 per sqft depending on the standard of construction and finishing (A class A+ or A++)

If you dont have enough capital than divide the house in to 3 or 4 parts and have it completed but try not to give gaps between lanter.In that way you will find it very hard to complete that specific floor incase your contractor is not available at the time.

The best option would be get the structure finished first than finishing can linger on for as long as you want.

In this day and age having no pillars is killing yourself i would never recommend any house without pillars and beams.

Basement is almost 30% of the full cost so it is very expensive to have a basement but it again depends on your family size.

Lastly i think you should ahve atleast enough to complete the structure first so i would imagine around 50 lacs should be available to start of with.

Turn key basis is the most expensive and in most cases of below standard in structure specially.

AND what ever you do dont start the construction without any trusted member to supervise.

I hope i have covered everything..:)

Were are you from when you say overseas?

I may be able to help you?

Any downside/negative points of basement other than extra cost?

I don't have 50 lakhs in cash. Is it okay if I start with 15 lakhs and keep paying 5-6 lakhs every month until completion?

Will this result in losses through idle time of labour and mistri etc?

Other than cost there is no downside of the basement.

Brother the structure should take no more than 2 to 3 months without basement. So with 15 lacs you can start it off but i dont think there is any contractor who would be willing to work like that.

Too much idle time would cost you way over.

25 lacs would get you structure for the first floor.

Pardasi werw are you from?

Ali Ahmed bhai - I just sent you details on your inbox

H--T bhai....

1. How much would be the rough cost of grey structure:- (Basement + Ground + first floor + mumty) in Lahore?

2. What is the time period for this grey structure completion without idle time?

Many thanks!

Rough estimate of your total covered area works out to be + depending on the bylaws of the society aswell should be

basement if you want the full covered area basement that is 55 x 75 = 4125 sqft

ground floor covered area will be around 3000 sqft

first floor should be 2600...

For mumty 300 per sqft

total 10025 sqft.

the above are rough estimates of covered area and it depends on design aswell.

it should cost you anything between 90 to 100 lacs for grey structure.

time would be 3 to 4 months...

This above is 100% possible this will include the marble and marble fitting and may be if you can get a good contractor he may be able to get you the windows aswell....

The reason i am saying this is because i have done all this just a few months ago so put inflation 5% should do the trick

Thank you H--T bhai!

With your very useful input (JazakAllah) now I am planning to do it in three phases and save money in between the three stages:-

1. In Phase 1: I can start building the grey structure only(up to plaster completion including Electrical-Mechanical-Plumbing).

2. I can leave the grey structure for a few good months to allow the plaster to dry up and in the meantime I can save some more money. Then in Phase 2, I can start the floors, electrical fittings, gate, boundary wall.

3. In phase 3, I can put the finishing touches like paint, floor grinding, outside wall tiles, grills, railings for terrace etc.

Please amend the 3 phases as you see appropriate, and tell me for each phase the following things (total capital) and (start-up capital) and (time period for completion).

Also, advise what is the best size of lawn for my plot (55x75). My heart is asking for a good size lawn but my mind is telling me that dont make a very big lawn.

I plan to live in Islamabad and will give the house in lahore on rent but I will keep one portion for myself (for example basement) so that i dont have to stay with relatives or in laws when I visit Lahore.

Now you know my requirements, please give your best advice, and I will pray to Allah for giving many barakaat to helpful brothers.

JazakAllah.

If you can adjust the boundry wall and gate in the first phaze would be perfect so atleast once the structure labor is done and out and you wont have to go start looking for structure labor again.rest is all ok ..

Cost ph 1 = 80 lacs

cost ph 2 and 3 = this all depends on your choice as to what standard of finishing your after but the rough estimate would be average finishing would cost you between 20 to 25 lacs lacs....A class is around 30 to 35 lacs and there is no upper limit.

This estimate is according to your plot size with basement,ground ,first floor and mumty

Ive replied back to this query around 7 hours ago and its still pending…