Types of land

What is the the difference between morusi land, survey land, lease land etc what are the other types of lands available in Gharo or near Karachi. And how is a lease extended from 30 years to 100 yrs and can it cause troubles? Is there a difference between malikana huqooq and lease?

I am also interested in this question. It’s regulation is same all over Pakistan. Going to ask Mian Athar as well. Can you share with us how is situation there for farming, water availability, roads conditions to Karachi and most important of all law and order situation how secure our investment is.

Dear Sohail,

Difference between malikana huqoq land and lease land. Lease land is one taken on rental basis form other person based upon an agreement and for a period of time 10 years 20 years 30 years or 99 years.Only a right to use the asset passes to the lessee and ownership stays with the original owner rather he is a person or department.

Malikana huqoq land (lease free land) is free of any leasing agreement or contract. The owner and user is the same person, and the right to use and ownership lies with one person only i.e. the owner. Lease extension depends on your terms and sources its not that much difficult.

I am also waiting for Mian Ather response he will give better info on subject.

Thank you for the early response, but what I don't understand I that how does the government lease works then ? for example in Karachi, every property I have witnessed is leased for 99 years , even my own house, or am I wrong somewhere... will the government take away my home after the lease period is complete?

KK: brother farming conditions are not very favourable because water is very down deep, you will have to dig very deep tube wells to extract water. even the water quality is not that good because the sea is near by. But acceptable quality of water is found in the northern outskirts of Karachi i.e Hub, Malir etc where people are farming for cheekoos, bananas, guava, carrots, cabbage etc. roads condition are usually not bad and are constantly being developed for the outskirts of city.

Kk: about the law and order situation, well if you intend to invest towards Hub (Balochistan) than consider it very risky unless you have strong roots or sources in the local population… towards Malir, Gharo etc its safer. But you will have to ensure constant presence on the land by yourself or your employees.

Thanks for input but what about the canal irrigated land? For cattle farming and their feed growing, need the water of drinkable quality. What options in Dhabaji? Gadap Town and Super highway both out of question so much security problem but Geo FIR aired 19 march mention the same situation in Gharo too.

The water in tubewells is good enough for plants in north-west and north-east away from sea side… canals are not much developed near Karachi because of shortage of water. But it is available in hub are but as I said you will need roots in local population, one of my uncles had land in that area back when Akbar Bhugti was governor, Bhugti refused to give canal water to my uncle’s land saying that my uncle does not have rights to it because he is not Baloch. It’s sick! Better stick to Punjab or Sindh. Canal water is available near Thatta Gharo etc from Kenjhar.

Thanks a lot mate. Until the law and order situation clear in Gharo better wait. Will Visit in 2-3 days let’s see.

Even I am interested in Gharo... how about making a mutual visit ?

You can contact me at: thegame787@gmail.com

Mate going with family (as they have plans for picnic too). If any good news I will update you.

Hope you will have great time… please gather as much info as possible and share here , thanks brother.