Dha lahore - plot file vs plot

Dear all,

Currently 1-kanal plot files for dha phase 7 are trading at 55 lakh. The similar plot is trading at 1 crore+. The affidavit file cost half of the price of the actual plot. I just wanted to clarify the difference between the two. Does having a file mean a guaranteed plot in dha? Which one is a better investment, 2 files or 1 plot?

Kind regards,

Hello Ahmed,

The main difference between file and plot is that.

File does not have a number allocated to it.

Plot has a number allocated to it which means you can see you plot on the map, you will know the street number, phase, plot number for a plot. Posession plots are most expensive as they are ready for construction.

A file is only a certificate from the housing society stating that will be given a plot in that society when it is developed.

Yes having a file means granted plot in DHA and it is a 200% secure investment.

Which is a better investment ?

-> It depends, if you are looking for long term investment with small initial capital then file is better (usually 5 - 15 years before you can enjoy good profit).

-> If you want short term investment, 2 to 3 years go for a plot.

Again, the duration of years depend on your waiting power, capital at hand and the society you are looking for.

For example, DHA multan will take at least 5 to 8 years before you get possession. And by that time the price of 1 kanal plot will be about 10 million. Thus, if you have extra capital to get full return and could wait that long then it is a wise investment.

To recapitulate, the answer to your questions are very individualistic depending on your personal requirements and situation.

My background: I am no property dealer or nor trying to sell anything so you can consider my advice as genuine. I was asking people same question 3 years ago.

Thank you Anu for the detailed explanation.

I understand the difference now, but that raises another question. DHA Phase 7 is already developed as they've given possession in some areas and since the road network and basic amenities are already there it may not take long for a file to be converted into a plot.

Would anyone know how long that might take?

I am thinking the file may be a better investment since it's trading at half the price of the plot.

Would greatly appreciate other members' help.