Karachi vs. Lahore vs. Islamabad - best city for investment

Dear expert zameen contributors:

I want to make an investment of less than rs. 2.0 mil. In residential plot with a long term view.

Which is currently the best city in terms of value appreciation (increase in price in future) and probably more importantly security of investment.

I would greatly appreciate an early, actionable, reliable and substantiated expert guidance/advise.

Best regards.

If someone could bring peace karachi is the best city for any kind of investment…you may consider lahore due to many ongoing mega infrastucture projects…

@Change, it is hard to say. Until last year, Islamabad and Lahore had been heaven for real estate investors, but things are on the hold at the moment as the political and security situation in the country is changing. Plus Dubai's second boom is absorbing major investment.

So, if all three happen, that is: political crises is over, security situation stabilizes and dubai boom reverses, then I would say Karachi, Peshawar and Gwadar would be the top gainer.

I will still go with Islamabad because the edge of capital of country. Islamabad is more attractive for KPK and Kashmir peoples for investment purpose as compare to Muzaffarabad and Peshawar

Lahore

The best investment from all is the investment for here after… Aakhirat… May ALLAH give us the hidayat to start thinking and looking forward to recieve our results in our right hands… Aameen.

I second isloo’s opinion. In this budget i think Bahria karachi is a good option.

In the long term, Islamabad investments will beat all else.

ALL respected expert! Would very much appreciate if you could back your arguments with fact, analysis and/or research (as some of you have done above.) Thanks for the good advice so far. Special thanks to Mr. Isloo.