Minimum cost to build single story on 50*90 plot

I have 50*90 plot in islamabad. I want to build simple single story house containing a 2 bedrooms with attached bath, hall, drawing room, kitchen. Can somebody tell me the estimated cost to build it?
Note: i want to keep it simple not a luxury one.

Thanks in advance for experts.

AOA,

It should cost you 50 to 53 lacs with the specifications mentioned.Plus depending on the location and site conditions of the plot.

@ Ht..sir can u please tell me about the approxate cost of A.class construction in dha 2 isb.

Regards

My cousin is supervising construction himself, so he managed it in around Rs. 1100/sqft.

If you provide material yourself, and remain on site entire time, then 1100/sqft is what you can achieve. In this case, assuming you cover 40x65=2600 sqft, it will cost you around 29-30 lakh.

But that isn't easy. If you get it done on turnkey, you may get estimates of around 1700-2000 per sqft. So it will cost anywhere between 44-52 Lakh

1700 to 2000 per sqft is very difficult to achieve , in my views its impossible . Market rate is going in between from 2200 for simple average construction upto 2600 averagely

50 lac minimum for a simple structure. Nothing fancy at all.

@Saadi saab

A class construction should cost you around Rs. 2200 to 2500 per sqft.

@ M B ALI.

You must be mistaken its simply impossible but if you say its been done than it is shocking...

Only ground portion costs more compare to the first floor as it includes the base (bunaid) which includes steel work at the base level. Brick laying in not of 9inch but starts from 2.5 or 3 feet in width from bunayad… Other things like DPC and water and termite proofing is also needed

Oh, I forgot to add, the 1100 sqft cost was for 1st floor.

As @HT mentioned, ground floor involves additional costs.

Another cousin of mine has almost completed the construction on ground floor (both of them started the same time in PWD area). His plot was near Nullah, so involved additional cost (like huge base work etc.)

I'll check with him how much it cost him. But as per my previous discussions, it was near to 1700 per sqft. (He too remained on site for almost the entire time during construction)

Should I do column-based construction in Lahore?

I know in Islamabad, column-based construction is recommended and that is the current trend as well.

But what are pros and cons of column-based house construction in Lahore? Will I just waste money by going for this option or is it really a good idea for Lahore as well?

I want to build the house for self use.

Lahore is considered a safe zone as did Islamabad a decade ago there were hardly any Earth quakes. Well atleast i cant remm any.

Its best to be safe than sorry. The column based construction is considered Long term compare to just brick work. The buildings that have stood for over hundred of years had pillars as well but not concrete ones just brick pillars.

Its is expensive but will also give you peace at mind.

Rest is your choice

HT many thanks!

How much difference to mazbooti and how much difference in cost? Any other advantage or disadvantage of column based construction?

If you can give me rough idea, it will be easier to do a cost-benefit analysis.

I have completed single unit on 50*90 plot, it cost me almost 46 lakhs.

@M Shahmeer … What is the covered area? and what did you use to finish it so as we get an idea of what kind of construction you did. Also if this is the cost of finished project or just gray structure. Thanks

Cover Area: 2865 sq.ft.

It is cost of complete portion. 2 Bed Room, Drawing Room, 3 Bathrooms, Car porch, Store, Kitchen and Lawn.

Obviously it is not luxury type of construction but it does not mean that everything used is low class. Medium category.

Thanks M Shahmeer sahib! That is Rs.1605/sf, good job!

If you are NOT making a basement, consider at least 2000 per sq ft. In this money you can afford false ceiling in every room, branded paint, Mater tiles & Sonic bath & kitchen accessories, Lahore fans, Medium marble with chemical polish, Peshawar Bhatta bricks, a small front decoration with Chakwal stone but NOT the Diyaar wood, steel door frames, medium density Aluminum windows, 16 gauge steel windows and a medium manual not automated main door. No lights included. If you add Rs 200 to per sq ft, you can enjoy Diayaar wood as well.

And if you make a basement Abdul Qayyum sahib then how would that estimate change?

Another question if HT brother or any other member with knowledge could answer. If one plans to make a basement under the whole covered area of the house, does he still need to worry about filling in the plot (asking about bahria), meaning is there anywhere so much filling that even with basement one needs to spend extra money by going further deep because of the amount of filling in the plot. Thanks

My account, with Abdul Qayyum name, has been blocked by Zameen, friends, I made another account and if this one is also blocked then goodbye and may be this is my last message!

@Musafar Sahab

Basement makes big difference as you have to have at least 9” all four side boundary walls with fatter steel with double steel net all the way up to the ground floor, the flooring also with heavy steel. Then come the heavy starters The inner walls could be made with bricks. Normally a good Architect shifts the house center of gravity on the basement concrete structure , making it safer for the earth quakes.

For filling issue, it all depends upon the soil testing report and cannot be generalized as such!.

A basement having 1000 sq ft costed me Rs. 18 Lacs, alone, in DHA-2 some 7 years before.

Al-Hamdolillah, summa Al-Hamdolillah there is not a one mm of moisture ingress in my basement so far.

I am busy now but some other time I will post more tips on the basements as we normally do common mistakes which are not reversible after the construction is done.

Saadi Sahab & other friends, I owe replies to you but let us see whether my this new account is blocked by Zameen also?