Construction Of Commercial Building

Salaam everyone,

I want to start construction on a commercial 1 Kanal plot and I have few questions:

1. How much should I be paying my architect for his services, what is a good per sq foot rate? Assuming architect will be making the whole plan including details of everything?

2. Is there any difference between a structural engineer and an architect? Or can an architect can do both jobs?

3. Where can I find best knowledge about the LDA rules & regulations about the building height and no. of story's that I can build etc?

Thank you for your help.

We are working as interior designing/architectural and construction company for several years and would like to provide you our services as well. Recently, we completed 1 of our commercial project in Gulberg, Lahore.

We can give you estimate after knowing your requirement for design, material and area where you want to construct. The best thing is this that we talk on call to discuss in details. It will be more useful. You can see our sample work by visiting https://www.facebook.com/AmerAdnanAssociates. You may contact us at hamza.asif@ameradnan.com or call us on 042-36655262.

Dear Jehanzeb,

For your question answers

Q1- If you need only Architectural,planiing, working drawings and 3D view of Elevation

it should be around 2% to 3% of project cost.

Q2-Architect cannot give structure drawings but companies like us who do all as we have

Architects and Engineers so we can give you all working drawings.

Q3-When you hire Architect you dont need to know the by laws as he is responsible

for all things to take care.

For commercial plaza Grey structure cost Rs.1500/sq ft to Rs.1500/sq ft in average for

basement and all stories mostly frame structure.

We can give you free design services if you execute your construction works through our

company.

Looking forward to hear you soon.

Regards

dSA

92-333-4220989

designsource99@gmail.com

Dear Jehanzeb,

To construct a commercial plaza you need the help of a structural engineer more than an architect. Architects are non technical they have zero knowlege about desiging of a buildings structure. Although we provide both structral designing and architectural designing but one should never hire an architect alone to do the job. Either he will over design the building or under design it. Contact me if you need more help. Meanwhile you can see our latest project of Elamode home to see our remarkable unique and quality work here:

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x29dbdf_elamode-home-by-bin-khalid_lifestyle#from=embediframe

Best Regards,

Uzair bk

Bin Khalid Group

Bahria Town, Lahore

Ph: +92-345-9436328

Email: uzair@binkhalidgroup.com

Thank you Uzair for your reply.

What do you think is reasonable compensation to get both both architectural and structural services??

My plan is to get the drawings and do the construction myself with the help of a professional who can fully interpret the drawings.

Uzair,

The video was impressive and I liked your work.

Dear Jehanzeb,

It depends what do you want to construct. I have no idea what you are planning. Its better if you contact me on phone. Or visit our office do discuss further. I will also show you our model Elamode home and we can discuss in detail as well. Thank you.

Best Regards,

Uzair bk

Bin Khalid Group

60-B Commercial Sector-C

Bahria Town, Lahore

Ph: +92 345 9436328

Email: uzair@binkhalidgroup.com

Weldone Mr Uzair...If a engineer can handle a commercial plaza without Architect then you should go ahead and great input in the forum to guide the ppls who even dont know abc of the construction.

Carry on...

Regards

1. Architect fee is around Rs. 100-150/sft

2. Architect and structural engineer are different. Structural engineers are associated with architects. Architect fee inculdes structure engineer's dues.

3. LDA bye law book can be purchase from LDA office.

Dear jahnzaib if you have your email then i can show my work regarding structural engineering ... For constructing commercial building as well

regards

faheam

rootsengineerings@gmail.com

FORMED MD NESPAK ASAD I.A KHAN has launched his private Architecture & Engineering Firm. He has designed numerous award winning projects which include the following:

• Prime Minister House (Islamabad)

• Prime Minister Secretariat (Islamabad)

• Telecom Towers (Islamabad)

• Islamabad Stock Exchange Building (Islamabad)

• EXPO Centre (Karachi)

• Arabian Sea Country Club (Karachi)

• HUB School (Karachi)

• Karachi Golf Club (Karachi)

Below are details of his Facebook page & Contact details can be found there:

https://www.facebook.com/asadismailkhan