Distances to 0-point

To put things in perspective, here are approximate distances from Zero Point to the gates of new residential developments in and around Islamabad:

G-13/14 – 11km

Gulberg – 13km

D-12 – 14km

Bahria Enclave – (15km serena)(19km 0-pt)

G-15&f-15 JKCHS – 15km

Jinnah Town – 17km

Naval Anchorage – 20km

Dha-II – 20-21km

D-17 Margalla View – 23km

B-17 Multigarden – 25km

F-17 Telegarden– 21km

E-16/17 Cabinet – 20km

I-16, Foechs - 20km

AWT - 30km

Bahria Ph-8 – 35-40km

Multi Orchards – 50km

What about when Margalla avenue is constructed? WHich i am pretty sure will be ready by the end of this year.

Distance to Zero Point will not change much. Only difference will be that Multi Garden, Margalla View, Cabinet and ROS will be closer to areas such as F-10 Markaz, F-9 Park and Centaurus.

Good effort but this does not give true picture. Distance is not right measure to use, it is the travel time required. Better quality of road reduce travel time and so the distance factor. Margalla avenue may not reduce distance much but it will shorten travel time a lot and increase convenience as compare to the difficult GT Road travel.

Agreed with ZG. Travel time and quality of raods is more important than distances.

Sir why don't you contribute with valuable comparison of ease of travel, travel time and other aspects on each of these distances?

Also point out cost of travel on Motorway..

Thx.

Thx pk1 for such valued input. It seems G-13/14 is the closest option in terms of distance towards O point

There seem to be some discrepancies in the distances which don't seem to be actual measurements and have probably been made using some rudimentary tool like google earth. Nevertheless, I wont get into the minute details but just point out the major ones for getting the facts right.

To start with, Gulberg is located 1.5 km further inside from Islamabad Highway which needs to be added to the distance. In addition, gulberg residencia, which is the more popular scheme with investors is located an additional 6 km inside gulberg, so you need to take into account that distance as well. Also naval anchorage is located 3 km further inside from the main highway.

Secondly it should be pointed out that for some societies their may be more than one approach option. For example incase of F-17, you can use both GT-Fatehjang road as well as the motorway. The route from motorway is about 5 km longer but it takes only half the time. I had measured this myself about a month ago and the huge convenience makes paying the toll completely worth it, as it is about the same as the petrol you burn out in ugly traffic jams, not to mention the time loss.

Similarly, measurements might become different as soon as gulberg gets linked to park road and enclave gets linked to korang road.

All distances are from the edge or gate of the relevant residential development.

New airport and margalla avenue will divert the flow and traffic pressure on other roads e.g Islamabad expressway. Nonetheless the new zero point will change ultimately to isd toll plaza location.

B17 is 8km further in direction of peshawar (on GT Road) how is it 25km and AWT 30km? not to mention when motorway link opens on awt it will be under 4 mins to islamabad toll plaza and another 10 mins to G-13.

B-17 is calculated from its Gate on GT Road. AWT is calculated from Sangjiani Intersection and then via Motorway.

These will be the main entry points of these societies.

Pk1 how can anyone tell these comparisons when margalla road is still under construction? Maybe after it is opened it can be done. But the effect will be the same as mentioned earlier and it will also not have any toll plaza I think. So double benefit.

Even when MA will be constructed, the entry point to B-17 will not change. Road distance to 0-point will also not change much. The existing route (GT Road-Kashmir High) will remain the most appropriate route to take to 0-Point.

Also for AWT, the most suitable direct route will be Motorway and then Kashmir Highway starting from Sangjani.

Very nice and helpful info.

Good effort PK1 sahab. A good help for all of us.

PK Sahib any info regarding AWT interchange ? somebody posted that lighting is under installation on interchange ?

Dear Pk1, thanks bro, good info.

When margalla avenue will be completed, the distance might remain the same but the travel time is likely to be reduced significantly. It is my understanding that when people usually inquire about the “shorter” route from point A to B, it usually implies the route which will save travel time rather than the one which gives a lower reading on the odometer at the expense of passing through a time wasting & nerve shattering traffic mess.

Nice analysis ... Excellent post

how about DHA-1 and Bahria town 1-6 ??