New Islamabad Airport Road Network

University town prices will take a jump when these roads are complete. When will construction start then?

It is expected to start in october.

@Ch Shahi, with new alignment do you mean that all the traffic from ISB to airport would go through I-14/15/16? Which Golra morr are you referring to? As like peshawar mor people refer more than one points as golra morr. Can you please make a sketch and scan and post the link of the image?

If you are coming from Zero Point on Kashmir Highway and you reach Golra Roundabout (near G-13), there is a road that goes left towards pindi Saddar GT Road.

On this road, on the right side there is a depot for old army jeeps and vehicles, an old railway line crossing and on the right side there are traditional wooden doors plus wrought-iron furniture shops. By taking this road, you will reach GT Road, and if you dont turn right or left but keep going straight, you will reach cda sectors I-14, 15 and 16. On the left side of I-16 there is Gulshan-e-Fatima society and foechs.

I think this is the new road that Ch Shahid is talking about. According to Ch Shahid's information this road will be doubled and fenced (and probably they will need a flyover to cross GT Road and reach I-16. Then this road will be extended to cross M-1 motorway and reach the new airport.

Ch Shahid sahab please confirm if that is what you mean?

So does this mean that zone-2 societies like f-15/17, e-16/17, g-15/16 etc would suffer because Kashmir Highway would not be extended through the old route?

Even PM has announced the construction of new roads this project will really take long time and existing link of kasmir highway to motorway and then to airport is still the most optimal link. Kashmir highly will in any case be extended to new airport as this is the most viable and approachable link. Kashmir highway is a priority road and it makes no sense for not connecting it to airport.

JKCHS (G-15, F-15) and Interior Ministry (G-16) already are touching Kashmir Highway or Motorway link road - whatever name you use.

@Intern PK1 has explained very well.

Sir Main Access Road will however cut M1/M2 Junction with some modification.

There will be a new interchange on M-2. Its 2 k.m away from M-1 & M-2 junction.

@Pk1, @Ch Shahid, that is right that a road going to motorway is touching JKCHS and I have gone through this road many times. Actually I asked from the perspective that if main airport road would be through I-14 etc. Then what would be the fate of this road. Would it be abandoned and used ONLY for motorway. Because a major awaiting trigger for JKCHS was a direct link from G-15/G-16 to the road coming from airport/motorway. I wanted to ask would this charm be gone now? Can you both please enlighten on this aspect. Thanks.

Shahid sb. New main road as u stated, will cost very much see http://www.pc.gov.pk/psdp/PSDP_2013-14/5-Communication_Division.pdf (Sr.# 129). This design is any how not suitable for VVIPs coming Isd

Access for G-15 from motorway was never discussed at official level. It will be used for motorway only according to current available information. I think G-15 has better access from g.t road.

@ Ali i have seen it many times. Please read carefully this indicates that this amount is for only land acquisition etc. Also share your information regarding new proposed alignment which u indicated earlier on "kashmir Highway". We all are waiting.

@Ch Shahid, Where have you heard the news that Nawaz Sharif has approved the new layout of the Roads towards New Islamabad Airport. We have not heard any such news in the print and electronic media.

I have multiple sources in NHA,CAA,NESPAK & FWO>

@ Hammad I have some official links. Also i have my personal concern with these road projects. So i keep in touch with development authorities.

@ Ch Shahid

I think you should not spread such unverified news unless it comes in the media.

Ok dear . When u collect some verified news do inform us.

@Ch Shahid, I remember that either G-15 or G-16 (or both?/) has approved access directly on Kashmir Highway. This will be even better than GT Road as it will further reduce the time to reach ISB zero point by few minutes. As it will avoid the rush and U-turn of GT Road.