Property Dubai

Dear PK good point

At the same time what if Allah forbids India take over pakistan what if Taliban take over

So each country has risk this is why one should only invest 30 to 50 percent on dubai and keep remaining in pakistan

This also goes with saying that do not put all eggs in one basket be it dubai or pakistan but first preference should be pakistan and then dubai for diversification and 15 percent rental

Irfan bhai kuch tou sochein aap kya keh rahay hein? Pakistan key paas vo hey jiski waja sey India ka abu bhi takeover karnay sey pehlay 100 dafa sochey ga. Waisay bhi India ney phasna hey yaha aa key? Jo yahan ho raha hey ... Vo wahan bhi shuru ho jaey ga!

Mera matlab ye tha key dubai ke paas na tael hey na gas. Bus jo jo kuch hey vo aap ko pata hey - aap tou wahan rehtay rahay hein.

Thumbs up pk1

Dear Pk and other members,

as I said GOD forbids, no such thing happens but just mentioned for theory purposes, my apologies if this hurts anyone sentiments that was not intention.

You are right that Dubai do not have gas, but these guys are smart, they have build such an infrastructure, tourism, airlines, jebal ali free zone companies, transit points, real estate money, Pakistani's are number 1, after Indians, followed by Iranians, UK, Russians, GCC nationals etc

Their strategy was changed in around Mid 1990 when Sheikh was informed that oil will finish in year 2000.

Anyways, anything can happen anywhere, our first preference should be Pakistan, after we have invested couple of crores in Pakistan we should think outside.

@AJ,

The new law that has been released here is that the maximum amount that can be borrowed is now 80% (i.e. 20% down payment) of the price of the property up to a AED5M property and 75% (i.e. 25% down payment) of a property greater than AED5M.

Interest rate is between 4% - 6% depending where you go.

This however relates to someone earning in Dubai and I believe if they are going to let you do it from Pakistan the down payment would need to be a lot higher.

Basically, once you get pre-approval from the bank you are able to purchase as a property within a matter of signing a few contracts once you find the right investment for you.

If you would like me to forward some of the banks details please email me with this request and once we get the pre-approval done we can find you the property that is fit for your budget and needs.

@PK1

You have said Dubai has a super strong economy and it will not allow investors to sink again. Sorry I do not agree!

GOOD FOR YOU, WHAT CONNECTION DO YOU HAVE TO DUBAI?

Questions and Answers:

1. Did Abu Dhabi bail out Dubai in February 2009 to rescue the sinking ship of its economy? True or False?

TRUE

Answer: True (The central bank for the United Arab Emirates (UAE) bought $10 billion-worth of Dubai's five-year bonds. Abu Dhabi paid for it because it would not let the second-biggest member of the UAE fail).

EXACTLY, EVEN BURJ KHALIFAH IS OWNED BY ABU DHABI YOUR POINT IS?

1. In the same year in November 2009, Dubai got another $10 billion injection from the Abu Dhabi government and a couple of Abu Dhabi banks when Dubai World, a big government-owned conglomerate, entered major debt restructuring talks. True or False?

Answer True.

I DONT UNDERSTAND WHAT YOUR POINT IS?

1. A new deadline has come for Dubai to pay back the crises debt money it received from Abu Dhabi and it does not have the money to pay? True or False?

Answer: True (Dubai has to repay $10 billion in 2014 – the money that it received in the midst of the financial crisis five years ago, but the due date had to be extended because Dubai cannot pay. Now Dubai is in the final stages of another Abu Dhabi roll out: Dubai’s debt is being restructured because it cannot meet its previous deadline)

HOW LONG OVER DUE IS AMERICAS DEBT THAT IF IT FORFEITS ON FROM THE RBA EVERY THIRD WORLD ECONOMY WILL FAIL??? H.H. SHEIKH RASHID COULD PAY $10BN CASH FROM HIS PERSONAL BANK ACCOUNT. ANYONE THAT JUST LOOKS AT DEBT IS A FOOL, YOU NEED TO LOOK AT HOW MUCH REVENUE ONE CAN GENERATE FROM THE DEBT. $10BN FOR A COUNTRY IS NOTHING. NAKHEEL (A DUBAI DEVELOPER) ON SUNDAY MADE REPAYMENTS OF AED2.35 billion ($639 million) OF BANK DEBT - MORE THAN A YEAR AND A HALF AHEAD OF TIME.

IF THE ECONOMY WASNT STRONG WOULD THIS BE POSSIBLE. YOU HAVE NO IDEA PK1, YOU EVEN SAID THAT ABU DHABI WHICH IS LIKE A 40MIN DRIVE IS WATCHING OUT FOR DUBAI SO THEN HOW CAN IT FAIL JUST LIKE THAT?

1. In 2008/2009 many people were forced to dump their bank-installment cars at the airport and escape because they became unable to pay their debts. Even their real estate investments went down the toilet. True or False?

THAT WOULD HAVE BEEN A WORSE INVESTMENT TO FLUSH IT DOWN THE TOILET AS WATER IS EXPENSIVE HERE, NO ONE IS SAYING THAT THE BUST OF 2008-2010 DIDNT HAPPEN IT IS THE FACT THAT THEY ARE PUTTING IN A LOT OF EFFORT FOR THAT NOT TO HAPPEN AGAIN. ALSO THIS CAN HAPPEN ANYWHERE, WHICH IS WHY YOU HAVE TO DIVERSIFY YOUR ASSET BASE. THE ONES THAT GOT HURT THE WORST ARE THE ONES THAT HAD ALL THEIR EGGS IN ONE BASKET.

Answer: True.

1. For Dubai’s economic troubles, the real estate market was the biggest factor. True or False?

YES TRUE, HENCE WHY IT HAS HAD THE BIGGEST REGULATIONS AND 20 NEW LAWS TO HELP GOVERN THE INDUSTRY SO THAT IT CANNOT BE REPEATED.

1. Dubai’s economy is based on Commercial Tourism and the biggest component of that is prostitution? True or False?

Answer: True (Pimp mafias and hotels bring women to Dubai from all over the world, and they provide their services in hotels openly. They even meet you in the lift if you are going to your floor in the night and ask if you want to have a drink with her)

BASICALLY PROSTITUTION IS EVERYWHERE, I DOUBT THAT YOU CAN MAKE THIS DUMB CLAIM AS TO SAY THAT AN ENTIRE ECONOMY IS RUN ON IT. YOU OBVIOUSLY HAVE SOMETHING AGAINST DUBAI BUT YOUR PROPAGANDA IS AS BRIGHT AS THE WESTERN MEDIA SAYING THAT ALL MUSLIMS ARE TERRORIST.

DUBAI IS BY NO MEANS PERFECT, DONT GET ME WRONG BUT IN TERMS OF INVESTMENT AND BUSINESS IT IS STARTING TO PICK UP AGAIN AND WILL DO SO FOR AT LEAST ANOTHER 6 YEARS UNTIL 2020 EXPO.

1. Many wise people said those investors who are crying now because they lost money in Dubai properties faced this situation due to lack of barkat and Allah’s blessings in an economy based on prostitution.True or False?

THIS IS TRULY THE DUMBEST STATEMENT I HAVE EVER HEAR IN MY ENTIRE LIFE. YOU REALLY ARE UNFORTUNATELY MISINFORMED BROTHER. HOW MUCH PROSTITUTION IN IN PAKISTAN AND PAKISTANI HOTELS AND ALL OF LOLLYWOOD NOT TO TALK ABOUT RAPE, ACID THROWING, MURDER, ROBBERY, SHOOTING, SUICIDE BOMBINGS, LITTLE GIRLS BEING SHOT IN THE HEAD ETC. DUBAI ALLHUMDULILLAH IS SO SAFE AND FREE FROM ALL OF THIS HARAM HOW CAN YOU MENTION BARKAT BASED ON ONE POOR EXAMPLE OF PROSTITUTION?

1. Pakistan property investments like DHA, Bahria and Multi have given record breaking price appreciation if you look at only the last 1-2 years? True or False?

Answer: True (Even countries like UK, US and Canada don’t offer the same type of opportunity in real estate sector. Many overseas Pakistanis from these countries and the Gulf countries are addicted to Pakistan property scene and try to invest in big brands here. They can multiply their money here without any risk.)

WITHOUT RISK, WHO ARE YOU? ANYONE THAT INVESTS IN PROPERTY BELIEVING THAT THERE IS NO RISK INVOLVED DESERVES TO HAVE THEIR MONEY TAKEN FROM THEM. THERE IS RISK INVOLVED IN EVERYTHING ESPECIALLY ONE OF THE WORLDS WORST CURRENCY THAT IS CONSTANTLY DEPRECIATING ON A DAILY BASIS. SO YOUR PROPERTY MAY GO UP 10% BUT YOUR RUPEE DEPRECIATES 12% IDIOT HOW DOES THAT MAKE SENSE? HONESTLY I BELIEVE THAT INVESTMENT IN PAKISTAN IS A GOOD OPTION AND THE REASON WHY PEOPLE FROM OVERSEAS LIKE TO INVEST BECAUSE THERE DOLLAR GOES FURTHER BECAUSE THE CURRENCY HAS DEPRECIATED SO MUCH.

LIKE I SAID BEFORE THOUGH, YOU NEED TO DIVERSIFY YOUR PORTFOLIO AND ANYONE STUCK IN ON MARKET IS DESTINED TO FAIL AND LOSE THEIR MONEY. IF YOU THINK OTHERWISE GOOD LUCK TO YOU, BUT IT IS OBVIOUS YOU ARE NOT GOING TO BE AROUND IN THE SCENE FOR LONG.

1. It is better to buy a plot in Pakistan which can be passed on to your next generations rather than to invest in dubai apartments and as you know many of these apartments are built on artificial Land on the sea. True or False??

FALSE, THERE ARE ONLY A FEW DEVELOPMENTS THAT ARE BUILD ON ARTIFICIAL LAND. OBVIOUSLY PK1 CANNOT AFFORD TO INVEST IN DUBAI SO IS STUCK UP ON WHAT HE THINKS IS GOOD BECAUSE HE DOESNT HAVE A CHOICE. YOU WANT TO LEAVE LAND TO YOUR CHILDREN AND FAMILY, LEAVE THEM SOMETHING WORLD CLASS, LEAVE THEM WITH A VARIED DIVERSE PORTFOLIO OF INVESTMENTS THAT WILL ACTUALLY MEAN SOMETHING ON A GLOBAL SCALE, WHICH THIS WORLD IS.

NO LONGER IS IT AMAZING TO GO AROUND THE WORLD IN 80 DAYS. WAKE UP.

Answer: True (Apartments have a limited life. After that they become old and insects and ugly look. There is a big cockroach problem. Then rental value drops. And your next generation cannot do anything because new investors will not pay too much for a property like that. Eventually the building will be demolished).

AND HOW IS THAT DIFFERENT ANYWHERE ELSE IN THE WORLD? OR ANY OTHER INVESTMENT PROPERTY?

1. In the same amount of money that you will use for buying something in Dubai, you can buy a a very lucrative commercial property in Pakistan and get income sitting at home in pakistan with your loved ones. True or False??

FALSE.

Answer: True (In any case, as compared to life in Pakistan, Dubai is very boring. How long you can you keep going to malls? And besides, you only get a residence visa when you buy a property in dubai. You don’t get a job. And the job market is full of Indians working in CEO and human resource positions. They don’t hire a Pakistani).

YOU OBVIOSULY HAVE A CHIP ON YOUR SHOULDER BUDDY SO IF YOU WANT A JOB EMAIL ME AND I WILL SHOW YOU WHAT YOU HAVE BEEN MISSING OUT ON. PERHAPS YOU COULD LEARN FROM SOME INDIANS AND TAKE OVER THE WORLD INSTEAD OF SITTING ON YOUR COMPUTER TELLING US PAKISTAN IS THE PLACE TO BE WHEN EVERY SINGLE DAY PEOPLE ARE BEING BLOWN UP. WE JUST LOST A LOVED ONE IN THE BOMB BLAST IN ISLAMABAD, DONT TALK TO ME ABOUT THAT BEING A BETTER INVESTMENT THAT THIS.

YOU CANNOT EVEN WATCH A CRICKET MATCH IN PAKISTAN, HOW IS THAT SOMETHING THAT YOU CAN CLAIM AS BEING AN INVESTMENT WITHOUT RISK? IM NOT TELLING YOU THAT DUBAI DOESNT HAVE RISK OR IS PERFECT BUT WHAT COUNTRY IS?

ALL I KNOW IS THAT IF YOU ARE LOOKING TO DIVERSIFY YOUR INVESTMENT PORTFOLIO I CAN ASSIST.

@khan007

please email me for my number:

qureshi.usmana@gmail.com

@Irfan

I could not agree with you any more and there you have a first hand example i can provide you 3 just from today.

Diversify your investments.

@PK1

the real million dollar question is what is the level of depreciation of the rupee in all that time that you speak of property doubling and then doubling and then doubling? i would say your property is worth the same amount in dollar figures as it was 5 years ago.

Earning in Rupees and using Rupees Pakistan is a fantastic investment, but you dont even need to think about a takeover from India or Taliban because all America has to do is forfeit on its repayment to the RBA and suddenly the Rupee will be buying $1 @ 1000 rupees, which is actually a reality atm.

Having a safe guard offshore in a globalised society is never a bad option if you are able to afford it.

Pakistani people should invest money in their country to create more job opportunities and help our struggling economy. Dubai doesnt give u Nationality/PR status. They can change the rule whenever their sheikh wants. No one will hear your cry as there is no media , no courts against locals.

Usman Qureshi said,

"The Studios selling for AED500k are rented last year for AED40k and now are between AED45k-AED50k they where selling at AED450k."

THIS MEANS APROX.10% Rental Yield, 10% capital growth in last 1 year.Not Attravtive as during this time, Pak property, specially Bahria,DHA, Multi saw 100% rise with Rupee devaluation 5% to 7%.Ney yeild is above 90%.

Khan 007 said,

"Property prices are up 100% in the past 3 years, so there might be a correction."

In last 3 years Bahria,Multi and DHA saw price appreciation of 400% to 500% with Rupee devaluation 25-30%.So net yield is 375% -475% ascompared to Dubai property 's yield of 125% including Rupee devaluation.

Irfan said,

"Bought 1 bed in studio in 2007 for 409 K AED (currently one AED is 28.5 RS).It went as high as 800 AED.After world wide recession it went down to 220 AED.Total I can sell for 480 AED.Also the rental return is 7-8% in AED currency so if you factor in currency devaluation the rental return is around 15% plus."

Dubai property plunged to 25% of it's peak prices.Beta is very high.in same worldwide recession, Pak property saw decline of 30% appprox.

7-8% AED currency per anum means 15% in pak rupee assuming 100% rupee devaluation. In one year.It never happened in history of pak rupee,distorting fact.

CONCLUSION.by paying full cash PAK property is best and within you control ,enjoy ownership by living in it and see your kids living in it.

@AJ

It is your opinion brother if you would like to put all your eggs in one basket then please feel free to do so. Basically it just shows that you are not ready to branch out of PK, this is fine, however basically it just means you are not a global player and you do not want to diversify your risk.

Pakistan is an extremely good investment and the size of property would be much bigger there with the same money. I was just saying that if you thought about overseas investment, now is basically the best time in Dubai and people who invest will indefinitely see more than a 100% increase in a few years.

The people who know are the people who know!

@apple

struggling economy, civil unrest essentially = uncertainty and high risk.

no one is saying not to invest in PK, just saying that perhaps you should take money from outside PK and put it in PK and yes Dubai is tax free.

Also don't put all your apples in one apple basket Apple!!!

If you only have one apple go for PK!

Wow... I missed do much :)

well guys im Pakistani citizen but also Resident of UAE, i spent last whole year in Dubai and Observe property sale, purchase and Rents.. I believe that if One hav Money then you shud invest in an global stable Market for short time like Dubai, where one can earn good monthly returns regularly for a period of time then can re sale and re invest in another emerging markets in the region. For next 5 years span UAE is best place to invest because Dubai is world 2020 Expo Host now and there we will see boig boom in all sectors, following Qatar with FIFA world cup. But if there is big profit then we shud keep in mind abt property roghts as we are Expats so we cant get wot there Nationals have...so for a short period Investments are really going well... And last years property index showed that Pakistani were among est 2nd in Buying UAE properties.

Having a property in Pakistan always Plus point , because if sumthing happen or we want to move back then we shud hav base to re locate easily...but we cant compare local market with Global Hub where 200+ nationalities living already with peace..

So stop comprising and keep Investing where you find edge :)

Brother Usman,

I am thinking to open a small resturant or super market ,Can you please tell me what will be the cost of a business like a small super market or Resturant in Dubai and Sharjah.What will be the minimum rent of this kind of shops in Dubai and Sharjah per year.

If i open a resturant it will be on my name or any Kafeel name or UAE national.Can i take some people from Pak to Dubai or Sharjah as resturant crew. Please update in detail

Rent depend upon Area...like JLT , MARINA, AL BARSHA are expensive one

DAIRA....AL NAHADA...Bur Dubai quite cheap then above

it depends how much investment you have and experience you have in which field...both business r going well in Dubai especially...

you can go for SHINWARI style restaurant as there is big Pathan community and other nationals also keen to taste such food ,...

I live in the UAE and have previously worked and also invested in the real estate sector here. A few words of advice to all brothers out there who'd like to invest in Dubai:

a) Ask a lot of questions, double check, triple check...make sure you get the right answers.

b) Rules keep changing, stay updated.

c) Understand clearly the difference between leasehold and freehold.

d) Remember that according to the law here, buildings are demolished after a certain number of years. And I don't mean a hundred :-)

e) Resident visa is not provided to everyone who buys a property. Certain rules apply.

f) In UAE, maintenance charges are paid by the landlord. These charges vary from place to place, e.g if the annual rent of a studio is 40k, around 8k will be paid towards maintenance.

g) Most important is the inheritance issue...make sure you check this out. Laws here can be very tough at times.

h) If you intend to rent out your apartment, take time to understand all relevant rules and regulations. I have seen people suffer big time because they weren't well informed.

My aim is not to dissuade anyone. I am just sharing my knowledge, so that the brothers can make a well informed decision.

Pk1 sap ka paou'n to Usman Qureshi ki dum pet aa gaya hey ...

Usman bhai mein Gulf mein hu pichley bohot saal say air mein ney 2008 key melt down set pehlay apni investments liquidate ker key Lahore or Islamabad met plot khareed liyay kiun key wapsi ka plan tha.

Allah ka shukar hey warn Dubai key sath mein bhi doob jata...

Will we have ownership or lease rights? What are other facilities to invest in real estate in UAE?

@Ahmed Saab,

Rents in Dubai and Sharjah vary. Dubai is more expensive. Depending on the size and location, rents can range from around Dhs 40k to 400k or more annually, you can multiply by 29 to get the rate in Pk Rupees. You definitely need an Emirati Sponsor/kafeel if the shop is not in a freehold area.

Once your shop/ restaurant is registered, you can apply for work visas for your employees.

You also have the option of buying out a restaurant or supermarket which is already running.