ABOUT AIRPORT ROAD, SIALKOT
Airport Road Sialkot is one of the most important routes of Sialkot as it links Sialkot International Airport with the city centre. Measuring over 20 kilometres, the road connects Sambrial to Kotli Behram while passing through Khambranwala.
The 6-kilometre stretch that connects Airport Road Bus Stop to Jagat Pur is popularly known as Sialkot Airport Road. The area lining this particular route is where you’ll find a number of popular under-construction housing societies and, of course, Sialkot International Airport. Some important names in this regard are:
- Garden Town
- Royal Gardens Housing Scheme
- Airport Avenue Housing
- Happy Valley Housing Scheme
- Palm City
Since most of the aforementioned housing societies on Sialkot Airport Road comprise a multitude of properties for sale, we will provide you a comprehensive analysis of the area that will help you make an informed decision. However, it’s important to mention that amenities like good schools and markets are at least 15 km away. As more people will start moving in, neighbourhood essentials like restaurants and hospitals will start popping up in the area.
To the east of Sialkot International Airport, Airport Road runs south from Airport Road Bus Stop to Kotli Behram. This stretch, compared to the one near the airport, is more densely populated and comprises more amenities. It covers areas like Phullo Deota, Kala, Kawarpur, Korpur, Kapurowali, Nangal, Malke Khurd, Tibbi, Ghansar Pur, Tibawali, Islam Pura, Kot Chanda, Gohadpur, Muslim Colony and Christian Town.
AT A GLANCE
- Home to Sialkot International Airport
- Comprises prominent housing societies
- Crosses Chenab River
- Commercially vibrant
- Ample investment opportunities
FACILITIES, SCHOOLS AND HEALTHCARE
Public Transport near Airport Road, Sialkot
Access to public transport is essential for any residential community. Being an urban city, Sialkot offers various commute options, such as minivans, qingqi rickshaws, auto rickshaws and buses.
Finding public transport on and near Sialkot Airport Road can be a challenge as the area, as of November 2019, is largely under-construction. There are no bus stops available within walking distance of housing communities lining Sialkot Airport Road. Airport Road Bus Stop is quite far from Garden Town, however, it’s ideal for people living in and visiting Khambranwala.
You will, however, find several bus stops near Airport Road if you take the eastern route, going towards Koti Behram. These bus stops serve a large chunk of densely populated areas; some of the most important ones include
- Gorian Bus Stop: It’s the nearest option for Phullo Deota
- Kala Road Bus Stop: It’s a 10-minute walk from Kala and Kot Chanda
- Basantpur Bus Stop: This point is within walking distance of Basantpur and Islam Pura
- Kapurowali Bus Stop serves people living in Kapurowali. It barely takes 10 minutes to walk to the stop
- Ajjowalli Bus Stop is within walking distance of Ajjowali as well as Kapurowali
- Tiba Bus Stop is near Tibawali. It’s only a 5-minute walk from the area
- Gohadpur Chowk Bus Stop is within walking distance of Korpur, Kawarpur and the southern part of Gohadpur
Daewoo Bus Station near Jail Road in Sialkot Cantonment is a good option for traveling to other cities. The bus terminal is more or less 40 minutes’ drive away from areas lining Sialkot Airport Road, via the Wazirabad/Kashmir Road route. For example, Happy Valley Housing Scheme and Royal Garden Housing Scheme are 35 to 40 minutes’ drive away from Daewoo Bus Station. On the other hand, people living in areas lining the eastern part of Airport Road are nearer to the bus station. Islam Pura, for instance, is a 25-minute drive from the Daewoo Terminal.
Markets near Airport Road, Sialkot
Local markets and convenience stores in the neighbourhood prevent residents from travelling long distances to buy essential day-to-day items. Again, if you’re looking for markets near Airport Road, your best bet is the eastern stretch of the road.
For people living in Kapurowali, for instance, there are several markets, shops and wholesale stores that are located within walking distance. Some of these places have been listed below:
- Madina General Store
- Bajwa Market
- Chatta Market
- Tanweer Bhatti General Store (Wholesale Shop)
- Al fazal mobile and garments shop
- Chohan departmental store (Grocery Store)
- Fazal Electronics
- Asif Electronics
You’ll find more markets near Airport Road as you head towards the point where it intersects Marala Road. Almost all of the following places are located within walking distance of the main road:
- Makkah General Store in Nangal
- Maqsood Karyana Store in Nangal
- Venus Mart in Kawarpur
- K.J. Electronics Korpur
Since a large chunk of land lining the western stretch of Airport Road is being developed, there are few markets in this area. There’s Barkat Market in Sambrial that’s known for its electronics market and wholesale items. It’s almost a 10 to 15-minute drive from Dry Port Chowk, where Airport Road ends and Wazirabad Road begins.
Mosques and Churches near Airport Road, Sialkot
Mosques are an integral part of traditional Pakistani neighbourhoods. As the area near Sialkot International Airport will develop, mosques will be built to serve residents living in societies like Royal Garden Housing Society and Airport Avenue Housing. There’s one mosque in Happy Valley, though; it’s located near Hamza Road. There’s one more near the airport; Bibi Mohammad Bakhsh.
Other mosques near these new projects include Gumbad-e-Khizra Mosque and a Jamia masjid in Majra Kalan, which is situated to the west of Sialkot International Airport. Both of these places are more or less a 15-minute drive from the area lining Sialkot Airport Road. Markazi Jamia Masjid Rajputan in Muhallah Rajputan Mandi, near Lopowali Road, is nearly 20 minutes’ drive away from the same spot.
There are more mosques near Airport Road on its eastern stretch, which is over 10 kilometres long. Since this part is more densely populated, there are many mosques located within walking distance in each neighbourhood. We’ll list the names of the most prominent ones:
- Jamia Masjid Jamal-e-Mustafa near Moonlight Model School Road in Kapurowali
- A Jamia masjid near Jamia Masjid Road in Kapurowali
- Jamia Masjid Usman Ghani in Basantpur near Ajjowali Road
- A Jamia masjid in Ghansar Pur
- Jamia Masjid Khadmia in Korpur
- Jamia Masjid Al Qadria, near Malke Khurd Road in Malke Khurd
- Jamia Masjid Shah Khaki near Gohadpur Road in Gohadpur
- Madina Masjid Gohadpur near Madina Masjid Street
There are two churches near Airport Road, Sialkot, as well.
- Suleman Memorial Church, Christian Basti Ugoki, 25 minutes’ drive away
- Hunter Memorial Church, Bara Pather, Hunter Pura, close to a 33-minute drive
In addition, Kotali Lohraran Graveyard is little over a 30-minute drive from Airport Road Bus Stop. It is situated in Kotli Loharan East, Sialkot. Some other cemeteries up to a 20-minute drive away from Airport Road include the following:
- Graveyard, Jaurian Khurd
- Majran Kalan Graveyard, Majra Kalan
- Graveyard Ghansar Pur
Schools, Colleges And Universities near Airport Road, Sialkot
A strong academic foundation is the key to a child’s success in the future. Having a good school in or near your neighbourhood is always a plus point. If you’re looking for schools near Airport Road, Sialkot, you’ll have to head towards the stretch that goes towards the main city.
Areas like Kala, Kapurowali, Kawarpur, Korpur and Gohadpur have schools that are conveniently located within walking distance. Some examples have been listed below:
- EFA School in Kapurowali
- The National Model School in Kapurowali
- Jinnah Public Girls High School in Kapurowali
- The Spirit School in Kawarpur
- Allied School in Gohadpur
- Falconhouse Grammar School in Gohadpur
- The Knowledge School in Gohadpur
- The Kids Model School (Primary School)
There are two separate campuses for boys and girls in Kala near Kala Road. A government primary school for boys is located in Kapurowali, near Kapurowali Village Road. There’s also a government high school in Gohadpur. Government Allama Iqbal Memorial Higher School is located near the intersection of Marala Road and Airport Road.
For better options, you can head south from Kotli Behram to Sialkot Cantonment and Cantt View Colony. You’ll find the following options in these areas:
- Roots International System near Aziz Bhatti Shaheed Road. Roots is one of the most popular school networks in Pakistan. It’s particularly well-reviewed for its Cambridge curriculum
- Convent of Jesus and Mary, near Haider Road. Established in 1856, it’s one of the oldest schools in Sialkot
- Beaconhouse, another well-known school network, has a campus near Faraz Shaheed Road in Cantt View Colony
- The City School Girls Campus, near Gondal Road in Khichian
- Lahore Grammar School (LGS) is also in Khichian. LGS, known for its O Level syllabus, has over 40 branches across the city
In addition to schools, easy access to colleges is also preferred by families. There are some colleges located near Airport Road, Sialkot, near the stretch lining Sambrial. The colleges listed below are 15 to 25 minutes’ drive away from societies like Happy Valley and Garden Town:
- ILM College Sambrial in Faizan Colony in Sambrial
- City College Sambrial near Sialkot-Wazirabad Road in Mohalla Rajputan Mandi
- Govt. College for Women Sambrial, near Daska Road
- Aspire College Sambrial, near Sialkot Wazirabad Road
Along the eastern stretch of Airport Road, you’ll find Zahoor Elahi Girls Degree College and Government Degree College for Women near Jutt Road. Both of these institutions are a 10-minute walk from Kapurowali Bus Stop.
For universities near Airport Road, people living near both western and eastern stretches have to head south, where one can find some of the city’s top universities.
- University of Management and Technology in Small Industrial Area, near Shahabpura Road: It’s nearly 20 minutes’ drive away from Gohadpur
- Government College Women University near Kutchery Road is roughly 25 minutes away from Gohadpur
- University of Sialkot on Main Daska Road is more or less 30 minutes away from Gohadpur
- Computer Connection Virtual University’s Sialkot Campus near Latefabad
The University of Sialkot offers a wide range of undergraduate and postgraduate academic programs in Computing & IT, Business Administration, Humanities and Social Sciences, Physical and Health Sciences as well as Engineering and Architecture.
More importantly, in addition to traditional academic programs related to business, engineering and information technology, the institution has also introduced a degree in fashion designing. Since the textile industry is one of the most dominant business sectors in the whole country, specialising in this field can be quite rewarding for aspiring students.
Since Sialkot International Airport is not in the main city, for residents living near Sialkot Airport Road in societies like Happy Valley and Garden Town, traveling to the aforementioned universities will take at least 40 minutes via the Wazirabad Road route.
Banks near Airport Road, Sialkot
Banks are probably the most undervalued entities as compared to some other essential facilities near a housing society. However, banks have an extremely important role to play in an individual’s day-to-day financial dealings.
Since the new societies near Sialkot Airport Road are under-construction, there aren’t any branches of banks in this area. There’s one branch of HBL, however, in Dhanawali, opposite the airport. There’s also a branch of Allied Bank inside the airport. ATM booths are usually available inside the buildings of banks, so you don’t have to worry in case you need to withdraw cash.
For more options on this side of the road, head south towards Sambrial, almost a 20-minute drive away. Most of the options are in Rasoolpura, such as National Bank of Pakistan, Bank Islami, Soneri Bank, MCB, Bank Al Habib and JS Bank. To the west of Rasoolpura in Azam Town, there’s a branch of Bank Al Falah. To the east of Rasoolpura, near the intersection of Qadir Abad Road and Wazirabad Road, there are branches of Faysal Bank, UBL and Askari Bank Limited as well. Almost all of these banks offer ATM facilities.
As for banks near Airport Road on the eastern stretch, there’s only one branch of Allied Bank near Kapurowali Bus Stop. More options are available as you move toward Gohadpur. There’s a UBL branch within walking distance of Gohadpur Chowk. As you continue on Airport Road in the same direction, you’ll find branches of MCB, Meezan Bank, NBP, JS Bank, Soneri Bank, Faysal Bank and Allied Bank.
Clinics and Hospitals near Airport Road, Sialkot
Clinics in the neighbourhood can be a blessing, especially when you’re looking for a routine check-up. A hospital can be even more advantageous.
For now, there aren’t a lot of medical facilities near the western stretch of Airport Road. In order to access good clinics, residents living near both the stretches of Airport Road need to head south-east. Please note the following clinics are at least 40 minutes’ drive away from both the stretches of Airport Road. Gohadpur is the only area lining Airport Road that’s 25 to 30 minutes’ drive away from these facilities:
- The Dental Concept Clinic Sialkot near Hakeem Khadim Ali Road, in Mohalla Chah Pisswan
- Sialkot Dental Professionals near Khadim Ali Road, Mohalla Khajori Wala
- Dr Tanvir Iqbal Clinic near Alam Chowk, Mubarakpura
- Qazi Laser Eye Centre near Commissioner Road in Muhammadpura
Again, there aren’t a lot of hospitals near Airport Road. The following facilities are at least 35 to 40 minutes’ drive away from both sides of the road.
- Memorial Christian Hospital (maternity home) in Puran Nagar
- Bashir Hospital near Khadim Ali Road in Model Town
- Bethania Hospital near Kashmir Road in Pakka Garha
- Pak Medical Centre near Defence Road
- Aslam Medical Centre near Defence Road
- Islam Centre Hospital, Commissioner Road, Muhammadpura
There’s a government hospital, Sardar Begam Teaching Hospital near Church Road in Rehmat Pura.
Another well-reviewed government facilities, Allama Iqbal Memorial Teaching Hospital, is near Commissioner Road, near Muhammadpura. This facility was established back in 1964; it is affiliated with Khwaja Muhammad Safdar Medical College and, as of now, it comprises 400 beds. Boasting numerous medical departments, Allama Iqbal Memorial Teaching Hospital is best known for its services offered in:
- Maxillofacial Surgery
- Pulmonology (T.B.)
- Medical Oncology
- Internal Medicine
PROPERTIES ON AIRPORT ROAD, SIALKOT
Sales Price Trends on Airport Road, Sialkot
The following information is going to give you a rough idea about recent sales price trends of properties available for sale on Sialkot Airport Road. However, the prices of all the properties mentioned here are likely to change with the passage of time.
Plots for Sale near Airport Road, Sialkot
You will find many plots for sale on Sialkot Airport Road, since this stretch comprises new housing societies like Palm City, Royal Gardens, Happy Valley and Airport Housing Avenue.
The size of these plots varies between 5, 10 and 20 marla. The asking price of a 5 marla plot for sale on Airport Road, Sialkot, is about PKR 15 lakh. A 10 marla plot, on the other hand, is up to PKR 25 lakh and roughly PKR 45 lakh for a 1 kanal plot.
Rent Price Trends on Airport Road, Sialkot
Airport Road, Sialkot provides a considerable number of renting opportunities. At times, buying a property is not feasible for some people and for this reason, renting one could be more viable.
The following trends will help you detemine the most popular housing societies on Airport Road, Sialkot to rent a property.
The following areas are the most popular in Sialkot to buy a property.
As you may have noticed from the information provided above, Citi Housing Society is the best area in Sialkot for buying a property, trending at 38%. However, buying trends for the rest of the places in Sialkot are subjected to change with the passage of time.
SHOPPING, RESTAURANTS, AND BAKERIES
Restaurants and Bakeries near Airport Road, Sialkot
If you’re looking for restaurants near Airport Road, Sialkot, you’ll not find a lot of choices in the immediate vicinity. You can head south and south-east for some of the most well-reviewed restaurants in the city. Please note the following places are 30 to 40 minutes’ drive away from both stretches of Airport Road:
- Al Hafah Restaurant on Alhafa Street in Sambrial’s Model Town
- The Heritage Club near Fatima Jinnah Park, Aziz Shaheed Road and Cantt Road in Sialkot Cantonment
- Kababish Restaurant in Allama Iqbal Town
- Grandiose Restaurant near Aziz Bhatti Shaheed Road in Sialkot Cantonment
- Sufi Tikka Shop near Allama Iqbal Road, Sadar Bazar in Sialkot Cantonment
Kababish Restaurant is known for its delicious desi cuisines such as paratha rolls, BBQ and some other traditional dishes. Plus, it charges a reasonable price. The restaurant particularly appeals to the taste of the locals because most of the spices that are used in the bestselling dishes are grown in the region.
Any discussion of food is incomplete without the mention of sweets, pastries, biscuits and cakes. Most of these snacks can be bought from a bakery. The nearest options for housing societies near Sialkot International Airport are located in Sambrial, almost all of which are 15 to 20 minutes’ drive away.
- Citi Bakers and Sweets on Wazirabad Road in Kharait Pura
- Bake Master in Rasoolpura. This bakery is particularly known for its fondant cakes
- Sheikh Bashir Sweets & Bakers on Wazirabad Road
OUTDOOR ACTIVITIES, FITNESS AND BEAUTY
Sports Facilities and Fitness Centres near Airport Road, Sialkot
One should never miss an opportunity to unwind, especially if they have wide, open spaces in the neighbourhood. It’s always nice to engage in sports or go for a short stroll in a park nearby. Plus, these activities help maintain your physical fitness.
There aren’t any major sports facilities near Airport Road, Sialkot, for now. Passion of Victory Cricket Club on Main Green Wood St, is at least a 40-minute drive from both parts of the Airport Road.
Nearly 50 minutes away, you’ll find Amir Waseem Cricket Academy. It is associated with a cricket stadium located on Jinnah Road in Jinnah Park Colony No.1. The academy offers the services of professional cricket coaches and it’s ideal for beginners, especially for those who want to pursue cricket as a career.
Adding to that, joining a fitness club can also help your mind restore its former prowess. Breaking the shackles of negativity in the process, it could develop into a ‘glass-is-half-full’ mind-set. Until it becomes a reality, you need to persistently visit one of these gyms near Sialkot Airport Road from the same bus stop.
- Fitness Zone Jym, Muradpur, nearly 10 km away
- Body Fitness Emporium, Airport Road, Muslim Colony, approx. 11 km
- Structure Fitness Studio, Paris Road, Sialkot, almost 15 km
- Karamwala Gym of Sialkot, Mujahid Road, Rehmat Pura Latefa Bad, about 14 km away
Body Fitness Emporium also sells fitness-related equipment such as elliptical, treadmill, bodybuilding and strength training barbells, dumbbells and kettlebells.
Parks near Airport Road, Sialkot
Looking for parks near Airport Road, Sialkot? You can consider the following options, almost all of which are at least 30 minutes’ drive away from the road.
- Khayabane Iqbal, 91 Aziz Bhatti Shaheed Road, Sialkot Cantonment
- Fatima Jinnah Park, Sialkot Cantonment
- Ladies Park Model Town Sialkot, Shah Faisal Road, Model Town
- Shahabuddeen Jubilee Park, Mohalla Marrian
Moreover, both Khayaban-e-Iqbal and Fatima Jinnah Parks are 23 to 30 minutes’ drive from Kapurowali Bus Stop.
Fatima Jinnah Park is one of the best parks in Sialkot. It is sprawling green space with many trees. The facility also has a big parking lot where visitors can park their vehicles and explore the wonders of nature. The entry fee is up to PKR 35 for each person and it also features a separate family area. Apart from once-in-a-while leisure trip with family, people can also visit this place for a soothing morning walk or jogging. A beautiful lake inside, Cantt. Park Lake, gives this area a heavenly appearance.
Salons and Spas near Airport Road, Sialkot
Your appearance speaks a lot about who you are as a person. In fact, it is the first thing that people notice about you. Therefore, it’s important to visit a salon at least once a month. Having a salon or spa in the neighbourhood is a boon.
The majority of high-end salons in Sialkot are located in the main city. The following options are 30 to 40 minutes’ drive away:
- Jugnu Beauty Parlour, Kashmir Road, Zeeshan Colony
- Hina Beauty Parlour, City Bazar, Shop 103, Ugoki Road, Saga Square, Shahabpura, Muzaffarpur
- Glow Beauty Saloon, Abbot Road, Prem Nagar
- Blush On Beauty Iconz and Spa, Near Lasani Hotel, Roras Road, Shahabpura
- Bellezza Hair & Beauty Salon, Lane No. 6, Sadar Bazar, Saddar, Sialkot Cantonment
Cinemas near Airport Road, Sialkot
Movie buffs looking for cinemas near Airport Road, Sialkot, will have to travel to the main city. To make things convenient for you we’ve listed down the names of the top three cinemas that are 35 to 40 minutes’ drive away from Airport Road, Sialkot:
- Cinepax, 8th F Mall of Sialkot near 100 Aziz Bhatti Shaheed Road, Sialkot Cantonment
- Super Cinema 3D near Allama Iqbal Road, Sialkot Cantonment
- Cine Mehfil near Commissioner Road
Cinepax is one of the best movie theatres in the city of Sialkot. In fact, it also operates in many other cities of the country. It is a state-of-the-art facility with a comfortable seating arrangement. The quality of sound system is immaculate and people can also buy refreshments from a snack bar installed in the waiting area.
Apart from being home to a few notable housing societies, Airport Road, Sialkot, serves as a convenient artery for people who live in the southern towns and districts of the city of Sialkot. After crossing Sialkot International Airport, near Happy Valley Housing Scheme Block D, it connects to Wazirabad Road near the town of Sambrial.
THINGS TO CONSIDER
Considering a large chunk of the area near Sialkot International Airport is under construction, people looking for houses on or near this stretch of Airport Road will have to wait for quite some time. Since this part of the road lies outside the main city, commute, in the future, can also be challenging, especially if you’re not a fan of traveling long distances.
That said, exploring plots for sale on Airport Road is a viable option for those looking for long-term investment options. In addition, one can also consider some active commercial areas on and near the road, such as Chitti Sheikhan, Machhi Khokar, Gohadpur and a few more areas like Sambrial, Saddar and Sialkot Cantonment.
Importance of Airport Road, Sialkot from major locations nearby
- Sialkot International Airport is just a few minutes away
- Sialkot Cantonment is a 20-minute drive from Gohadpur
- Links to Wazirabad Road
- 20 minutes away from Daska Road
If you want to know more about new housing schemes in Sialkot, click on Sialkot Area Guides now.