ABOUT FAISAL TOWN LAHORE
Located in Gulberg Tehsil of Lahore, south of the city centre, Faisal Town is a purely residential area. The town is divided into four blocks: A, B, C and D. Block A, also known as the Government Officers’ Residence–V Sector is famous for its Motia Park, a beautiful green area situated in the middle of the residential block.
Faisal Town was built about 60 years ago and is a union council.
As the oldest housing districts in southern Lahore, it is inhabited by some of the most respectable families in the city, which makes it a prestigious locality in Lahore. It is just a 10-minute drive from Model Town Lahore, and commuting to the University of Punjab would hardly take less than 15 minutes by car.
AT A GLANCE
- A fully established residential society
- Easy access to markets and shops
- Hospitals, parks and educational institutions at a reasonable distance
- Perfect location for families
- Lucrative investment opportunities
- One of the most prestigious societies of Lahore
FACILITIES, SCHOOLS AND HEALTHCARE
Public Transport in and near Faisal Town, Lahore
Transportation is a necessity for residents of any community. Locals usually prefer personal conveyance as most bus stops are on the outskirts of the town. This also avoids unnecessary traffic congestion caused by buses and heavy vehicles.
However, several bus stops near Faisal Town allow for convenient intercity and intracity travel. Famous bus stops near Faisal Town include:
- The General Bus Stand at Badami Bagh on Circular Road
- Model Town Q Block Extension Bus Stand on Link Dhobi Ghat Road
- New Khan Bus Stand on Jinnah Block Street
- Lahore Transport Company (LTC) Bus Stand on Madar-e-Millat Road
- Thokar Bus Terminal on Thokar Niaz Baig Flyover
- Skyways Daewoo Bus Terminal Lahore at Bakkar Mandi Band Road
- City Bus Stand Lahore on Band Road
It is important to note that all these bus stops are less than 20 km away from Faisal Town and driving to each of these bus stations would just take 15-30 minutes depending on the traffic conditions.
Allama Iqbal International Airport is about 18 km away from Faisal Town and it would take you approximately 40 minutes to reach the lounge area of the airport. If you are planning to travel by train, Railway Station Lahore is 14.2 km from your destination, which is a 30-minute driving distance via Canal Road.
For someone who does not own a car, they can easily book ride-hailing services in this vicinity, as it is a developed area where booking a Careem or Uber ride would not be a challenge. Other than these transportation services one can always avail public taxi services and auto rickshaws to travel from one point to another.
In addition to this, Speedo Bus Services are now available in Lahore. People can travel and choose to pay with or without a card payment system. This bus service is currently operational on 14 routes in Lahore. There are two Speedo Bus stops available near Faisal Town. One in Wafaqi Colony, Quaid-e-Azam Campus and the second one in Johar town.
Markets in and near Faisal Town, Lahore
There are innumerable markets in and near Faisal Town. Civic Centre is the biggest market in Faisal Town. This area has the PTCL Exchange, Khairun Nisa Hospital, Faisal Town post office and many other shops for residents
In addition to this, there are other smaller markets in Block B - Kotha Pind Bazar, merely a 7 minutes’ walk from the society center, is one of them.
Several other markets in Faisal Town that are at a 20-minute walking distance from all corners of the town include the Kamboh Supermarket, Fresh Vegetables shop, Rainbow Supermarket.
Other marketplaces that are at a driving distance of less than 25 minutes include Faisal Mobile Market, G1 Market, Barkat Market, M block Market, Khalid Market, Mini Market and E Block Market.
Mosques in and near Faisal Town, Lahore
Each residential block in Faisal Town has a number of different mosques. This makes it convenient for the residents in the area to go for prayers.
Some of the mosques in Faisal Town include Jamia Masjid Abu Bakr Siddique on 90 Milaad Street, Jamy Masjid Hanfia Ghausia on Kotha Pind Bazar Road and Jamy Masjid Anwar e Risaalat located on Sarfaraz Rafiqui Road.
Most of the mosques in this area are Jamia mosques, meaning they are bigger than usual mosques to accommodate more people in a religious gathering.
One of the oldest Imam Bargah in Faisal Town, called Imam Bargah Qasr-e-Abbas is located near Kotha Pind Bazar opposite to Al Kareem Departmental Store.
All of the above-mentioned places are within walking distance of less than 10 minutes and at a driving distance of less than 5 minutes.
Several other mosques are located on the outskirts of the town: Jamy Masjid Minhaj-ul-Quran in Block K on Minhaj-ul-Quran Street, Masjid Khalid Bin Waleed on Abul Hassan Isfahani Road, Jamia Masjid Tauheed on Maulana Shaukat Ali Road and Masjid Shah Wali on Country Club Road. Most of these mosques are within a 1 km radius of the locality.
Schools, Colleges And Universities in and near Faisal Town, Lahore
People living in Faisal Town have access to the best schools in Lahore. As one of the oldest housing society, Faisal Town is home to Lahore Grammar Schools (LGS), which has four branches in and near this residential location.
LGS Preschool in M.A. Johar Town is an 8 minutes’ drive, LGS senior boys’ campus in Johar Town is a 7-minute drive, whereas LGS Landmark Campus and LGS C Block campus are across one another and are situated at a driving distance of fewer than 5 minutes.
Other than the LGS institutions, the list of schools that are present in the neighbourhood are as follows:
- In residential Block A: The Spirit School on 142 Milaad Street.
- In residential Block B: Akmal Public School near Kotha Pind Road, Government Girls High School on Street 16, SCOPE International School near the service road next to Abul Hassan Isfahani Road.
UNIQUE High School and Jauhar Foundation School on Qazi Muhammad Isa Road and Aal-e-Imran School System near Rafaqat Ali Auditorium, Saint Anthony School on 90 Milaad Street.
- In residential Block C: The ARQAM school (SYED NA HASSAN CAMPUS) on Abul Hassan Isfahani Road.
- In residential Block D: The Cathedral School - 4 on Abul Hassan Isfahani Road
In addition to these educational institutions, Bright Future for the Blind, is a braille-based learning institution situated in Block N, Model Town. It helps visually impaired kids learn and build a better future for themselves.
Being in and near the premises of Faisal Town, reaching these schools is less than a 10-minute drive.
Apart from schools, higher education institutes like colleges and universities are also available within the location. It is delightful for the residents of Faisal Town to have the FAST (Foundation for Advancement of Science and Technology) NUCES (National University of Computer & Emerging Sciences) Lahore Campus in the centre of this town.
This university offers five different types of programmes including the business programme, the computer science programme, electrical engineering programme, civil engineering programme and science and humanity programme. This campus is less than 4 minutes’ drive from Block C and D in Faisal Town.
Other popular universities in and around Faisal Town include:
- The Virtual University Campus located in Block C, Faisal Town
- University of Engineering and Technology in Block R Model Town -1.2 km away
- College of Statistical and Actuarial Sciences – 2.6 km via Maulana Shaukat Ali Road
- Al Syed College of Commerce is a 12-minute car ride via Canal Road
- IBL College of Science – 12 minute walk from Faisal Town via Qazi Muhammad Isa Road
- Al Hamd College in Faisal Town is an 8-minutes walk from town Centre
- Allama Iqbal Medical College – about a 7-minute drive via Usmani Road
- College of Shariah and Islamic Sciences – 6 minutes’ drive from Faisal Town via Abul Hassan Isfahani Road
- Government Model Degree College in Kotha Pind Bazar, Faisal Town
- NK-FACT College –through Milaad street, it would be a 5 minutes’ journey from Faisal Town
- Dandy School of Fashion Design via Qazi Muhammad Isa Road - 6 minutes’ drive away
- KIPS (Knowledge Inn Preparatory School) College– just 1.1 km via Maulana Shaukat Ali Road
- Culinary Hotel Institute of Pakistan – just 7 minutes away by car via Qazi Muhammad Isa Road
Overall, the commuting distance for all these universities and colleges is less the 15-minutes, which makes it convenient for the students living in Faisal Town to reach their classes on time.
Banks in and near Faisal Town, Lahore
Faisal Town has many different banks operating in this area. Famous banks like Meezan Bank Limited, Habib Bank Limited, United Bank Limited, Muslim Commercial Bank Limited and National bank of Pakistan all have their branches in Faisal Town, Lahore.
It would take up to 15 to 20 minutes to walk to any of your preferred bank or less than 5 minutes if travelling by car.
Other than commercial banks, there are financial offices located for FINCA Microfinance Bank and Akhuwat–Islamic Microfinance nearby. Reaching these destinations would take approximately 10 minutes.
Clinics and Hospitals in and near Faisal Town, Lahore
As an urban agglomeration, Faisal Town offers numerous hospitals and clinics for people living in this community. The two most popular hospitals in this town are the Khairun Nisa Hospital and Faisal Hospital.
Khairun Nisa Hospital is an Eye Care hospital operated by the Vision Trust. This hospital is a project of the K&N Foundation and serves as the best eye care hospital that provides quality treatments for its patients at minimal charges for those who can pay. For the less fortunate, this hospital provides free of cost service. Their panel boasts some of the most experienced eye surgeons in Pakistan.
Located in the Civic Centre, Block C, people can reach Khairun Nisa Hospital in just a few minutes.
Faisal Hospital is another well-known hospital in this area – it has all the basic healthcare facilities for the residents.
In addition to the hospitals mentioned above, there are several other hospitals close to Faisal Town. This includes Niazi Hospital on Khayaban-e-Firdousi, Iqra Medical Complex located on Maulana Shaukat Ali Road, Shaikh Zayed Hospital on University Avenue, Farooq Hospital in Iqbal Town, Lahore General Hospital on Ferozpur Road, Clapp Hospital on Maulana Shaukat Ali Road and Fatima Memorial Hospital situated on Shadman Road.
All these hospitals are at a stretch of 2 to 9 km and take approximately 5 to 15 minutes to reach via car.
Besides hospitals, following is the list of medical clinics available in and near Faisal Town:
- Jahangir Skin Clinic – about a 10 minutes’ walk
- 3D Lifestyle Centre of Medical Aesthetics – only 650 metres away
- Skin Laser point – 5 minutes walk from town centre
- KKT Orthopaedic Spine centre – 8 minutes walk
- Laser Eye Centre – would take about 30 minutes to reach via Khayaban–e– Jinnah
- Centre of Dr. Aurangzeb Afzal for Nephrology – 9 minutes walk from the Civic Centre
- Hope Rehabilitation Centre – only a 7 minutes walk away
- Hashmi Clinic – situated in the vicinity of Faisal Town, within walking distance of 6 minutes
- Kazim diabetes and physiotherapy centre – 400 metres away from the town centre
- Dr. Asma Mahmood Healing Hajama Clinic – 500 metres walk from the Civic Centre
- Dental Art and Bokhari Eye Care centre – present near Kotha Pind Bazar, on the outskirts of Faisal Town which is a 12 minute drive
All these clinics offer multiple medicinal and therapeutic services for the inhabitants of this area.
These medical centres are spread out across Faisal Town and commute time is minimal as every location is within the town.
PROPERTIES IN FAISAL TOWN, LAHORE
Sales Price Trends in Faisal Town, Lahore
Many properties are up for sale in Faisal Town. Check out the latest price trends that indicate the buyers to invest in the right kind of property. It is important to note that prices shown on the website are subject to change.
Houses for Sale in Faisal Town, Lahore
As an urban settlement, Faisal Town has 5, 10 and 20 marla properties. The initial price for 5 marla houses starts at PKR 60 lakh and goes all the way up to PKR 1.5 crore. Pricing for 10 marla houses starts at PKR 1.65 crore and goes as high as PKR 4.35 crore. Similarly, the starting price for 1 kanal houses is PKR 4 crore and reaches the highest price at PKR 12 crore.
Plots for Sale in Faisal Town, Lahore
For people interested in buying plots in Faisal Town Lahore, there are 10 marla plots for sale. The starting price for 10 marla plots is PKR 4.8 crore and the highest price goes up to PKR 9 crore.
Rental Price Trends in Faisal Town, Lahore
Many places are available on rent in Faisal Town. Please note that pricing is subject to change based on the real estate market trends.
Houses for Rent in Faisal Town, Lahore
As a densely populated area, Faisal Town has a multitude of rental units. It has 5 marla, 10 marla and 1 kanal houses available for rent. Monthly rental price for 5 marla houses ranges between PKR 14 thousand to PKR 55 thousand. The rent price for 10 marla houses ranges between PKR 6.5 thousand to PKR 1.1 lakh.
Lastly, rent for 1 kanal house ranges between PKR 38 thousand to PKR 4 lakh.
Commercial Properties in Faisal Town, Lahore
A large number of commercial properties are available for sale and rent in Faisal Town. This includes commercial shops, plazas, and other buildings.
The minimum rent for 1.6 marla shop in Faisal Town, Lahore is PKR 50 lakh and increases up to a maximum rate of of PKR 18 crore for 1 kanal building.
Most Popular Areas in Faisal Town, Lahore
As per Zameen’s latest statistical report, the most popular localities where people are buying properties are in the residential blocks B, C, A and D. The infographic below shows the most trending areas to buy property in Faisal Town, Lahore.
For rental properties, the top areas searched in Faisal Town are residential blocks C, C1, B and D. The infographic below shows a trend of most rented properties in Faisal Town, Lahore.
SHOPPING, RESTAURANTS, AND BAKERIES
Malls in and near Faisal Town, Lahore
As a prestigious locality of Lahore, Faisal Town has many malls and shopping centres nearby for people to fulfil their shopping needs. There are plenty of family friendly places, most of which have food courts and arcade gaming areas for kids. Some of them even have movie theatres at the premises where you can catch the latest blockbusters with your friends and family.
A few popular shopping centres you can easily commute from Faisal Town include Amanah Mall on Model Town Link Road, Emporium Mall by Nishat Group in Johar Town, Packages Mall on Walton Road near Nishtar Town. All these malls are at a driving distance of less than 30 minutes from Faisal Town.
Most of these shopping malls have branded stores where customers can find a huge variety of clothing, cosmetics and other lifestyle products.
Here is a list of other shopping outlets in and near the Faisal Town area:
- Mall of Lahore on 172 Tufail Road, near Cantt
- Fortress Square Mall in Fortress Stadium, Mian Mir Bridge, Saddar Town
- Vogue Towers on 15 MM Alam Road, in Gulberg III
- Pace Shopping Mall in Main Boulevard Gulberg Block B 1
- Panorama Shopping Centre on Mall Road in Garhi Shahu
- Imperial Mall on Imperial Main Boulevard, in Imperial Garden Home Paragon City
- Pace Shopping Centre on Link Road, in Block P, Model Town
- Fashion Gallery in Sector C Jasmine Block, Bahria Town
- Love2Shop in Johar Town Phase 1 Block E
- New Afzal Cloth House in Kotha Pind Bazar, in Block E Faisal Town
- A-One Mini Mart on 852 B Milaad Street, in Block B Faisal Town
- Ayesha Market on Street 12, in Block B Faisal Town
- Choice Center in Kotha Pind Bazar, in Block E Faisal Town
- Sultan Shopping Mall on Model Town Link Road, in Muhammadpura
Restaurants and Bakeries in and near Faisal Town, Lahore
Faisal Town has a mix of traditional and continental restaurant options for foodies who love to explore their palate. From breakfast classics like halwa puri to dinner specials like shinwari karahi, you have tons of food options to choose from.
Fast food options include Burger King, which is 11 minutes away; Pizza Hut and Village Pizza are only 4 minutes away, KFC is 5 minutes and McDonalds is hardly an 8-minute drive from this town.
If you are a desi food lover, you can try out these places:
- Krados Restaurant on Qazi Muhammad Isa Road, Commercial Area, Faisal Town
- Shaheen Shinwari on 13-C1 Abul Hassan Isfahani Road, in Block C1 of Faisal Town
- Malwari Restaurant present in Block N, Central Flats, Model town
- Zam Zam Foods in Al-Qadar Centre on Mozang Road, 28 minutes’ drive via Lahore – Kasur Road
- Zakir Dera Tikka in the Civic Centre of Faisal Town
- Jaan-e-Alam Food Studio – this place is in Kotha Pind Bazar, Faisal Town
- Kuku’s Grill Restaurant on 852-B Milaad Street, in Block B, Faisal Town
- Khan Baba Restaurant on Maulana Shaukat Ali Road, Block E Phase 1 Johar Town
- Pulao House in 14A Civic Centre( Moon Market Area), Commercial Area Faisal Town
- Sadiq Halwa Puri in Civic Centre, Commercial Area Faisal Town
- Ravi Restaurant located in Block C, Faisal Town
- Ahmad Restaurant on Milaad Street in Block B of Faisal Town
For people who have a sweet tooth, several different bakeries are present in and near Faisal
Town. Gourmet Bakers and Sweets is a very famous bakery brand in the province of Punjab. Living in the Faisal Town area, you get access to three branches of Gourmet Bakers. Two of which are in Faisal Town and the third is located in Johar Town.
Bakeries across Lahore offer a wide range of cakes and other confectioneries. As the evening chai is incomplete without samosas and jalebees, places like Amritsari sweets serve all of such savoury snacks and sweet treats.
Popular bakeries in and near Faisal Town are:
- Cake Feasta in Johar Town, at a 4-minute drive
- Cakes and Bakes in Block C1, just one minute away by car
- Bundu Khan Sweets and Bakers in Block D, at a 5-minute drive
- Butt Sweets in Block C about 1.2 km away
- Treschic Bakers and Sweets in Phase 3 GECH Society which is 2.9 km away
- Fazal Sweets in Block D which is a 6-minute drive
- Paradise Bakery in Phase 1 Johar Town - less than 10 minutes away
All of these bakeries have 3.5 to 5 star reviews for their edibles, and people love the wide range of traditional sweets “Mithai” offered here.
OUTDOOR ACTIVITIES, FITNESS AND BEAUTY
Sports Facilities and Fitness Centres in and near Faisal Town, Lahore
In order for you to stay fit and healthy, Faisal Town has numerous fitness centres, sports grounds and gyms nearby.
For sports enthusiasts, places like Griffin Badminton Club on Park Road in Mughalpura, Punjab International Swimming Complex and Hockey Stadium in Gulberg III, and the National Cricket Academy located opposite to Gaddafi Stadium on Hafeez Kardar Road offers the opportunity to unleash your true sporting spirit. The average time it would take to reach these places are accessible in less than30 minutes from Faisal Town.
Two sports complexes worth mentioning here are Play On in Model Town and Sector G Sports Complex in DHA. Both these sports centres have cricket training nets and football grounds. In addition to this, you can rock climb, learn archery and enjoy the swimming pool present in these sports complexes. Play On in Model Town is just a 10-minute drive away, whereas Sector G Sports Complex in DHA, by car is half an hour away from the vicinity.
For gym buffs, who love to work out and keep their body in shape there is a multitude of fitness centres and gyms in and near Faisal Town. Here is a list of gyms available in and near Faisal Town:
- Shoaib Gym located in Kotha Pind Bazar, Faisal Town
- Tiger and Tiger Gym in the commercial area of Faisal Town
- VCL Gym in the Civic Centre building of Model Town
- Synergy Fitness on Abdul Haque Road, Block G4 in Johar Town
- FitMark Gym and Spa on Abul Hassan Isfahani Road, in Block D of Faisal Town
- Life Line Gym on Board of Revenue (BOR) Housing Society Main Road
- Bodyholics Gym on 2nd Floor, Sadiq Arcade in Model Town
- Matrix Health and Fitness in Model Town inside Bank Square Market area
- Glamorous World in Block E1, Johar Town
It is very convenient for people living in Faisal Town to stay fit, as reaching these fitness centres would barely be a 10 to 20 minutes’ ride.
Parks in and near Faisal Town, Lahore
Lahore is a city that is famous for its parks. Considering the Faisal Town area, there are many parks present for families and friends to hangout and have a good time.
Nearby parks in Faisal Town are:
- Faisal Town Park in Block C of the vicinity, few minutes’ walk away
- Minhaj-ul-Quran Park in Block M, Model Town
- Motia Park in the Government Officers Residence Area-V, in Faisal Town
- Gulshan-e-Iqbal Park on Fazal-e-Haq Road, in Allama Iqbal Town
- Milad Park on Abul Hassan Isfahani Road, Block M, in Model Town
- Milat Park E-1 in Johar Town Block E Phase 1
- Nawaz Sharif Park in Model Town
- Qayyum Park on Qayyum Block, in Mustafa Town
All these parks have a peaceful ambience for people of all ages. From jogging tracks to swings, these parks help the community of Faisal Town to relax and chill out in their leisure time.
Salons and Spas in and near Faisal Town, Lahore
There are many salons available for men and women in Faisal Town. Either you want to get a bridal makeup done or if you just want to get your beard groomed, salons in Faisal Town offer services for all your grooming needs.
For women, salons like Amina Z Salon and Makeup Studio on Maulana Shaukat Ali Road in Block B, Zara’s Beauty Salon on Qazi Isa Road in Block C, Maram & Aabroo Salon and Studio on Maulana Shaukat Ali Road in Block E Johar Town, Nikkis Beauty Salon in Block C and Hamna’s Beauty Beauty Salon and Bridal Studio on Khayaban-e-Firdousi in Block A Johar Town – offer complete hair, makeup and skincare services.
For men, haircuts and other grooming services are available at Nexus Men’s Lounge on Model Town Link Road, Breeze Men Salon in PIA Housing Scheme, Trimmers Men Salon on Madar-e-Millat Road, Toni and Guy North Pakistan on MM Alam road and AB Men’s hair studio in DHA.
All of the salons are within a 15 km radius from Faisal Town and can be reached via car in less than 30 minutes.
Cinemas in and near Faisal Town, Lahore
For people who love to watch the latest blockbuster movies on a big screen, Faisal Town has several movie theatres nearby.
Cinestar Cinema IMAX theatre in Township, Lahore is a one of a kind 3D movie theatre. Movie viewers can get the best viewing experience with Dolby Surround Sound System in this cinema. It is located on Ali Road, which is approximately a 12-minute ride from Faisal Town.
Other movie theatres near Faisal Town include Universal Cinemas on Abdul Haque Road that is adjacent to the Lahore International Expo Centre, Cinepax theatre in Amanah Mall, Super Cinema on MM Alam Road, Cinepax in Packages Mall on Walton Road and Cinepax Fortress in Fortress Square Shopping Mall.
All these theatres are reachable in less than half an hour distance by car, so you can plan your movie times accordingly.
Faisal Town has some of the most developed surrounding areas. Places like Model Town, Johar Town, Gulberg and others are just a few minutes’ drive from this locality.
Other residential colonies that are close to Faisal town are: Bhatti Colony is 12 minutes away via West Avenue; AIMC Residential Colony is at a driving distance of 16 minutes via Maulana Shaukat Ali Road; Al-Rahim Homes is 10 minutes away via Qazi Muhammad Isa Road; and Ghausia Colony is a 3 km drive via Abul Hassan Isfahani Road.
Other significant locations that are closer to Faisal Town are Lahore Zoo and Gaddafi Stadium. Both these locations are at a driving distance of less than 15 km or about a 30-minute ride.
THINGS TO CONSIDER
If you are considering locality well developed residential area to buy or rent property in Lahore, Faisal Town can be a viable option due to a number of different reasons.
Firstly, being a fully developed community Faisal Town has a good mix of residential and commercial areas. This means you can live in a serene environment and have quick access to all the amenities. No need to take out your car to get a carton of milk or a loaf of bread.
Secondly, this location is close to other known societies in Lahore, Model Town being one of them. This gives residents an advantage to move around from their residential area to the next closest place to get whatever they want.
To sum it up, Faisal Town is a secure, family-friendly locality with a beautiful neighbourhood. It is a good choice for anyone looking for residential properties or investment options.
Importance of Faisal Town, Lahore from major locations nearby
- Faisal Town is 14 minutes from Kot Lakhpat via Peco Road
- Model Town is just 8 minutes away by car, which is roughly 2.7 km via Qazi Muhammad Isa Road
- Allama Iqbal International Airport is at 23.9 km drive that takes about 40 minutes to reach by Canal Road
- Lahore Zoo is just 20 minutes away from Faisal Town via Canal Road
- Gaddafi Stadium is about 6.8 km away, which is a 15-minute car ride via Usmani Road
- Faisal Town is approximately at a 32 minute driving distance from the famous monument, Minar-e-Pakistan