ABOUT WARSAK ROAD, PESHAWAR
Warsak Road, Peshawar, also known as Warsak Michini Road, is one of the busiest roads of the city, stretching from the intersection of National Highway (N5)/GT Road to Pir Bala Chowk. The Warsak Michini Road is also connected to Warsak Dam Road and even the northern half of Peshawar Ring Road has been extended towards it. The road is broad and fully carpeted.
Warsak Road, Peshawar is home to several completely developed residential communities and colonies.
Some of the most popular areas on Warsak Michini Road, Peshawar for buying properties, as per Zameen.com search statistics include Arbab Sabz Ali Khan Town, Officers Garden Colony, Shaheen Housing Scheme, Safiya Homes, Darmangi, Green Cottages and Corniche Enclave. Also, there are many new housing projects in the development phase on either side of the road. You can easily find residential and commercial properties for sale and rent on the road as well as in the different localities and residential schemes, developed on either side of the road. The area size of residential properties ranges between 2 marla to 21 marla and a few of 50 marla. As there are markets, plazas, plots, shops, offices and commercial buildings available for sale and rent, therefore, there is no defined range of area sizes for commercial properties.
Warsak Road, Peshawar is commercially active, featuring tons of shops dealing in various stuff, on the east and west side of the road. Besides, there are healthcare facilities, some of Pakistan’s well-known academic institutions and even marble factories are established here.
AT A GLANCE
- Accessibility to all modes of public transport
- Proximity to major entertainment avenues of the city
- Several eateries are functional on both sides of the road
- Connected to Warsak Dam Road, Peshawar Ring Road’s northern half and GT Road
- Passes from Peshawar Cantonment
- Well-reputed academic institutions are functional on the road and within the societies, established on both sides of Warsak Road
- Medical facilities are easily accessible
- All the basic utilities, for example, electricity, water and gas are available
- Internet access
- Cable TV network
- Telephone lines have been laid and connections are available
- Commercially active locality
FACILITIES, SCHOOLS AND HEALTHCARE
Public Transport on and near Warsak Road, Peshawar
Access to public transport on and near Warsak Road, Peshawar is hassle-free. Given the fact that it is one of the busiest roads of the city, stretching from the intersection of GT Road to Pir Bala Chowk hosting marble factories, markets, academic institutions, healthcare facilities and other commercial activities.
Furthermore, the Northern half of Peshawar Ring Road is also being further developed towards Warsak Road and the Pajjagi-Warsak section is under construction. The Ring Road will also be extended to Hayatabad from Warsak Road, which will be a significant value addition to the Road, linking it to other major areas of the city and providing access to various modes of public transport quite conveniently. Moreover, Peshawar Ring Road is connected to Warsak Michini Road at a point in Tahkal Payan Peshawar.
Residents living on the east and west side of the road can easily get an auto-rickshaw or a public bus to commute to their respective destinations within Peshawar. For instance, there are two primary public bus stops found at different intervals on the road. One is Darmangi Machine bus stop on Warsak Road in Darmangi is on the west side of the road if you are coming from Pir Bala Chowk, Peshawar, whereas, Darmani Jumat bus stop is in the same locality, but it is on the eastern side of the road.
Additionally, there are several public bus stops located near Warsak Road, among which the nearest ones are:
- Warsak Road bus stop in Peshawar Cantonment falls on the east of the given road when going from Pir Bala Chowk towards the intersection of N5 Grand Trunk Road. Also, this bus stop is adjacent to Mega Mall, based in Defence Colony, Peshawar on Warsak Road.
- Army Stadium bus stop in also accessible in Peshawar Cantonment near the intersection of Shami Road and GT Road, Peshawar.
- Gora Qabristan bus stop in Defence Officers Colony is also found nearby, around 3 minutes’ drive away via GT Road from Warsak Road bus stop.
Moreover, is the sixth-largest city of Pakistan, as per census 2017, the KPK government initiated the construction of Peshawar Bus Rapid Transit (BRT). This decision was taken to cater to the increasing commuting needs of the ever-growing population of the city. So, once Peshawar BRT is completed and operational, the city dwellers here will have a more comfortable, feasible and affordable solution for their daily commute within the city.
The Peshawar Development Authority (PDA) is overseeing the entire project that has marked stations from eastern to western corridor of the city with 150 standard bus stops. Initially, there will be around 220 buses running across the pinned stops that will accommodate approximately 400,000 passengers a day. The Peshawar BRT will pass through every section of the city’s road, encompassing nearly all the prime medical facilities, commercial avenues, food spots to old and new business avenues, academic institutions and new residential blocks developed across Peshawar.
Once this project is completed, residents on the east and west side of Warsak Road will be able to travel anywhere in the city via Peshawar BRT.
When it comes to availability of intercity commute options, residents dwelling on either sides of Warsak Road may either head to the nearest railway station or Daewoo bus terminal.
The Daewoo Bus Terminal is situated in Sikander Town, Gulbahar Peshawar adjacent to the GT Road, passing across Sikander Town. The terminal features a spacious waiting lounge, prayer area, tuck shops, a mart and even Fri-Chicks (a known fast-food brand across Punjab) have their outlet. You can book a comfortable ride in an air-conditioned Daewoo to any city of Pakistan from Peshawar.
However, those seeking for a more economical option for inter-city commute may get a train either from Peshawar Cantonment Railway Station or Peshawar City Railway Station, as per their convenience.
The Peshawar Cantonment Railway Station, as the name implies is in Peshawar Cantonment, located on Saddar Road near Habib Medical Complex. This is the main railway station of the city, featuring three platforms. Moreover, it will be linked to Peshawar BRT – Line 1. The commute time to reach here is around 26 minutes from Darmangi Machine bus stop via Saddar Road if you are coming via car. The Peshawar City Railway Station in Zaryab Colony on Dilazak Road is another closest railway station that takes around a 22-minute drive to reach via Peshawar Ring Road from Darmangi Machine bus stop. You can book your tickets in advance as well on Pakistan Railways website or buy from the venue.
Markets on and near Warsak Road, Peshawar
Different commercial activities in proximity to residential areas not only offer convenient access to the residents, but also add significant value to the properties. As mentioned above at various intervals that, fortunately, Warsak Road, Peshawar is commercially active and hence, dwellers on both sides of the road enjoy extreme convenience.
However, the markets located on Warsak Road, Peshawar primarily include mechanic/auto part market, marble market and others. You will have access to Zashya Market and Shinwari Market in Garhi Ameer Khan, Mian Market at Pir Bala Chowk and Shaheen Market in Darmungi Garden Street 1 to name a few.
Moreover, residents here can find almost everything they need as there is a plethora of individual stores/shops offering daily use commodities as well as a variety of other stuff. For instance, Warsak Road is home to several pharmacies, stationeries, greengrocers, general stores, marts, supermarkets, tailor shops, eateries, jewellery shops, furniture stores, auto part dealers, electronics stores and mobile phone shops. Some of the popular options among the local community as per the rating given on Google Maps are listed as under:
- Arbab Sabz Ali Khan Plaza in Darmangi on Warsak Road, Peshawar features a barbershop, grocery store, pharmacy, real estate consultant’s office, electricians’ outlet, mobile shop, stationery, eatery, dairy shop and paediatrics’ clinic as well as green grocer’s stall
- KB Plaza in Irshadabad, Darmangi hosts a mart, electronics store, property consultants’ business outlet, general store, an eatery, tailor and fabric store. This plaza is sited on the east side of the road, if you are coming from Pir Bala Chowk towards the intersection of GT Road, Peshawar.
- Bashir & Sons General Store situated on Warsak Michini Road in Irshadabad Darmangi is functional on the east side of the road if your route is from Pir Bala Chowk towards Warsak Road bus stop
- Peshawar Store in Sher Ali Town is spotted on the west side of the road
Also, there are tons of marts on Warsak Michini Road known for stocking almost all the local products as well as a few imported items. Some of the options are:
- Chachooz Mart and Executive Mart on the west in Arbab Sabz Ali Khan Town, Darmangi
- Enter Mart on the east side of the road in Tahkal Payan Sher Ali Town, if coming from Pir Bala Chowk towards GT road intersection
- Serene Supermarket is pinned on the west of the road in Sher Ali Town, Darmangi
When it comes to markets situated near Warsak Road, Peshawar, you will come across some famous markets easily accessible by the residents here. These shopping avenues are ideal for bargain-hunters and a few are perfect to shop for Peshawari sandals, pottery, Afghani pakol (wool hats), woven rugs, fabrics, brass and copper wares and a variety of other exclusive stuff/specialities of Peshawar.
Here are a few popular markets of Peshawar known for stocking a wide variety of different specialties in the region, with approximate distance from Warsak Road:
- Andar Shehar Bazar in Andar Shehar Mohallah Baqir Shah, Peshawar is a well-known market for jewellery (antique style, traditional jewellery, gold jewellery) as well as ornaments. Many jewellers here also deal in pieces with genuine and precious stones. Additionally, they also take orders for customized jewellery designs. The distance from Arbab Sabz Ali Khan Plaza in Darmangi on Warsak Road to this bazaar via GT Road is around 6 km.
- Qissa Khawani Bazaar is an ancient market of the city, also referred to as “street of storytellers” and holds a historical significance. In the present era, it is a busy and lively market divided into different sections, where buyers come for purchasing dry fruits, spices, tea, metal housewares, crockeries, electronics, unstitched fabric and a lot more. The bazaar is also one of the must-visit tourist attractions coming to Peshawar. This market is sited in Mohallah Baqir Shah at an approximate span of 8 km from Arbab Sabz Ali Khan Plaza in Darmangi on the given road.
- Karkhano Market near National Highway (N-5)/GT Road is another top famous market in the city, further divided into several markets (product wise). The local community prefers to shop from here for the fact that the commodities are available in discounted rates, in contrast to other bazaars. One can shop for men and women’s apparel and fabric, toys, footwear, fashion accessories for children, men and women, video games, cosmetics, electronics and a lot of other stuff. The estimated distance of the market from Peshawar Medical College on Warsak Road via GT Road is 14 km, approximately.
Furthermore, for buying and selling of mobile phones, residents on either side of the road can head to Muslim Market in Shahi Bagh. This market is accessible after an approximate distance of 7 km from Darmangi Machine bus stop.
Mosques on and near Warsak Road, Peshawar
Since a major portion of the east and west side of Warsak Michini Road is completely developed and populated, finding a mosque at a walkable distance is completely hassle-free for the residents, just like any other facility or amenity. Fortunately, there are a number of small as well as grand (Jamia) mosques located on and near Warsak Road, Peshawar, among which a few are listed as under:
If you are coming from GT Road’s intersection towards Pir Bala Chowk, you will find the following mosques on the west side of the road:
- Masjid-e-Quba Executive Lodges Peshawar in Darmangi is found 3 minutes’ drive away from Executive Mart in Arbab Sabz Ali Town Road
- Shinwari Masjid AQSA in Rahim Abad on Sufaid Sung Road is in close proximity to Warsak Road
- Afridi Masjid on Warsak Michini Road in Darmangi is spotted 2 minutes’ drive away from Darmani Jumat bus stop
- Jamia Masjid Usman at Street 3 in Sher Ali Town can be located within a 3-minute drive from Peshawar Model School, which is also based on Warsak Michini Road in Sher Ali Town
- Jamia Masjid Ashiq Abad in Ashiq Abad, Sher Ali Town is found at a 2-minute drive from Peshawar Store (grocery store), which is functional on Warsak Gardens Road
On the east side of the given road, among the many mosques, you will come across the following:
- Arbab Masjid and Makki Masjid, both are a minute drive from each other and are established in Darmangi near Ainak Point Optical Shop
- Peer Bala Masjid in Garhi Ameer Khan
- Jamia Masjid Malik Sahar Gul Baba in New Babo Garhi, Sher Ali Town
Schools, Colleges And Universities on and near Warsak Road, Peshawar
Presence of academic institutions at every level from schools, colleges to universities near residential communities not only saves commute time and fuel expenses but also boosts property's overall worth. Having said that, the areas on the east and west as well as the main Warsak Michini Road, Peshawar are home to many well-reputed educational institutions, offering convenient access to the dwellers.
There are a plethora of public and private schools to choose from on and near Warsak Road, Peshawar following Matric Board or Cambridge education system. A few from the many schools functional here are as under:
- Peshawar Model School for Boys I & II campus and Peshawar Model School for Girls I campus are sited on Warsak Road. The Boys campus-I is in Sher Ali Town, campus II is in Arbab Sabz Ali Khan Town. The Girls I campus is situated in Irshadabad, Darmangi. The school offers classes from Nursery to Class X and O-Level I, II and III.
- Warsak Model School & College is situated on the Royal Club Road in Sher Ali Town and is 4 minutes’ drive away from Warsak Michini Road, close to Sher Ali Town. The school enrols students from Nursery to Matric and the college offers F.Sc programme in Pre-Engineering and Pre-Medical. The institution follows the Board of Intermediate & Secondary Education. Students here are also indulged in various co-curricular activities and sports.
- Allied School’s Al Mumin Campus is functional on Warsak Road. The school is a project of Punjab Group of Colleges, offering classes from Pre-School to Matric.
- St. Mary’s High School is a Catholic Missionary school, spotted on Khyber Road in Defence colony, accessible from Warsak Michini Road near Defence Colony within 8 minutes’ drive via GT Road, Peshawar. The school is a section of Diocesan Board of Education of the Diocese of Islamabad-Rawalpindi, administered by Marist Brothers since 1970. This English medium school imparts education from Prep to Class 10 and follows the Board of Intermediate & Secondary Education, Peshawar.
- There is Frontier Model School and College for Girls and Frontier Model School functional on Warsak Michini Road, Peshawar. The girls' campus offers intermediate programmes in Pre-Computer, Pre-Medical, Pre-Engineering and Humanities and the schools enrol children from Nursery to Matric.
- The Smart School, a project of The City School, has its campus on Warsak Road in Azam Abad, spotted opposite to Peshawar Public School & College. Being associated with one of the well-reputed educational institutions of Pakistan, the school aims to provide quality education from Pre-School to Class X, following the Board of Intermediate and Secondary Education, Peshawar.
- Dar-e-Arqam School, known for its unique curriculum featuring an amalgamation of contemporary knowledge and Islamic education. Students here are taught all the subjects as well as reading of the Holy Quran along with correct pronunciation from Montessori to Secondary level. Also, Hifz classes are offered and the registration for the needful is separate. The Warsak Road Campus is in Tahkal Payan Sher Ali Town on the east side of the road coming from Pir Bala Chowk towards GT Road’s intersection. The campus is a minute drive away from MCB Bank Limited’s branch functional in the same locality.
- The City School, one of the top-notch academic institutions of the country, has it's Warsak Nursery branch operational on the given road. The campus is pinned opposite to Darmangi Machine bus stop, however, it is established on the west side of the road directed towards Pir Bala Chowk from GT Road’s intersection.
- Peshawar Public School College is another preferred academic institution in the city. The Boys Campus is found on Warsak Michini Road in Sher Ali Town. The school's curriculum is based on the Board of Intermediate & Secondary Education, Peshawar from Nursery to Class XII. Additionally, Peshawar Public School College offers transport facility to students, so commuting to and from is quite hassle-free.
- Iqra Hadiqatul Atfal and School is located on Warsak Road in Darmangi. The school offers standard education from Playgroup to Matric.
- Other schools established in different localities of Warsak Road, Peshawar include Khyber Institute for Children (KIC) in Tahkal Payan and Shams Public School in Darmangi.
Furthermore, some of the most popular schools are found near Warsak Road, Peshawar, reachable within a drive of about a few minutes. For instance:
- Army Public School and Degree College for Boys established since 1994 in Defence Colony, Peshawar is 5 minutes’ drive away from Warsak Road if you are coming via Naseem Rizvi Road. As the name implies this academic institution offers programmes from Nursery to Matric/O-level as well as Intermediate and A-Level programmes. The school follows both Cambridge and Federal Board of Intermediate and Secondary Education’s curriculum.
- Two branches of The City School are also functional in proximity to Warsak Michini Road. One is Uni Town Branch spotted in Tahkal 2 km away from Peshawar Model School, Warsak Road in Sher Ali Town while the other is Hayatabad Campus in Sector C, Tahkal, which is 1.4 km away from Tahkal Supermarket.
- Beaconhouse School System is also among the leading Cambridge schools in Peshawar that has its campus established in National Bank officers Colony Road in Sher Ali Town. This campus is spotted near South Kabul Canal Road and around 2 minutes’ drive away from Warsak Michini Road. The school enrols children from Montessori to O-Level, following the Cambridge based curriculum
- On the other hand, The Educators, functional under Beaconhouse, is located in Sher Ali Town near North Kabul Canal Road. The school follows the conventional Board of Education in Peshawar.
Those residing on either side of Warsak Michini Road, Peshawar seeking admission in a college to pursue their intermediate degree have several options to choose from. A few colleges sited on and near Warsak Road, Peshawar is discussed as under:
- ICMS College is spotted on the west side of the road when coming towards Pir Bala Chowk from GT Road’s intersection. This college in Babu Gharhi, Sher Ali Town is around 6 minutes’ drive away from Peshawar Public School College based on the same road. ICMS offers FSc. (Pre-Engineering & Pre-Medical), ICS (Computer Science) and FA (Arts) programmes at the intermediate level. Also, the college offers Diploma in Business Administration (DBA).
- Meritorious Central College-MCC is on the east side of the road if coming from Pir Bala Chowk towards GT Road’s intersection. The college is located near Khushal Bagh and 5 minutes’ drive away from MCB Bank Limited in Tahkal Payan, Sher Ali Town. MCC offers intermediate programmes in Arts, Computer Science, Pre-Engineering and Pre-Medical.
- Falcon Model School and College are also functional on the east of Warsak Road in Aabshar Colony. You can visit this college for information on their offered intermediate programmes.
Furthermore, Peshawar Public School College – Boys Campus in Sher Ali Town and Frontier Model School and College for Girls, discussed above, are also two preferred colleges found on Warsak Michini Road.
When it comes to colleges located nearby, you will also spot Warsak Model School & College on Royal Club Road, Sher Ali Town, which is 4 minutes’ drive, approximately from Warsak Road. Also, Army Public School & College in Defence Colony is a good option for enrolling in an intermediate programme. This institution is approachable within 5 minutes’ drive from the given road via Naseem Rizvi Road.
You will also spot a Government college on Warsak Road, Peshawar, namely, Government Degree College Mathra, spotted a minute’s drive away from Habib Bank Limited (HBL) branch in Mathra.
For career-focused education, the dwellers on either side of the road are fortunate to have feasible access to several degree colleges and universities. Also, some of the top and reputed academic institutions are a few kilometres away.
Aspiring medical specialists and doctors may explore the following colleges and universities, situated on and near Warsak Road, Peshawar:
- Peshawar Medical College is a project of PRIME Foundation, recognized by Pakistan Medical & Dental Council (PM&DC) for its M.Phil programmes in Basic Sciences. Prospective students may opt for admission in MBBS or BDS (Dental Sciences). Also, Peshawar Medical College offers a range of Postgraduate programmes including M.Phil, PhD, M.Sc and Diplomas in the broad genre of medical sciences. Eligible candidates may seek admission in MCPS-Periodontology or FCPS-II (PMC) programme offered in the following domains:
- General Medicine
- General Surgery
- Obstetrics & Gynaecology
Moreover, dental specialists may go for FCPS-II (PDC) programme offered in the field of Oral & Maxillofacial Surgery, Prosthodontics, Orthodontics and Operative Dentistry.
For details on other postgraduate programmes, you can head to the college campus located on Warsak Road in Sher Ali Town.
- Prime Institute of Public Health is also pinned on Warsak Michini Road in Sher Ali Town. This institute also works under PRIME Foundation offering Masters and a wide range of certification programmes in the vast genre of healthcare. The institute offers Master of Public Health (HMP) and Master of Science in Healthcare Management (MSHM). Whereas, interested candidates may also choose from twenty-three areas of study, that includes Principles of Public Health Science, Project Planning, Management and Evaluation, Foundations in Biostatistics, Principles of Epidemiology, Health Systems Organization, Health Policy and Systems Thinking, Foundations in Health Behaviour and Health Promotion, Health Systems Organization, Financial Management in Healthcare Organization, Health Services Organization Management/ Health administration, Healthcare Economics, Maternal, Neonatal and Child Health, Applied Epidemiology and Biostatistics Methods and the list continues. You can learn about other certification courses on their official website or directly visit their campus.
- Jinnah Medical College Peshawar (JMCP) is also a Pakistan Medical & Dental Council (PM&DC) recognized private institution, affiliated with Khyber Medical University. The college is located near Warsak Road in Tahkal Payan, Peshawar, pinned on the east side of the road coming from Pir Bala Chowk towards GT Road’s intersection. JMCP features the following departments:
- Forensic Medicine and Toxicology
Those interested in pursuing a career in law may apply for registration at Jinnah Law College in Tahkal Payan, Sher Ali Town. The college offers BS in LLB (5-year) programme for fresh intermediate graduates, whereas, candidates with a bachelor's degree can choose an LL.B (3-year) programme.
Other reputed universities found in the vicinity of Warsak Road include Shaheed Benazir Bhutto University for Women (SBBUW), formerly known as Frontier Women University. This public university is affiliated with the Higher Education Commission of Pakistan offers certifications, bachelors, masters, PhD, MS/M. Phil and Postgraduate Diplomas in Computer Science, Management Sciences, Islamiyat, Statistics, Physics, Mathematics, Bio-Chemistry, Bio-Informatics, Chemistry, Microbiology, Zoology, Law, Political Science, Psychology, Economics, Education, Health & Physical Education, Urdu, English, History and Fine Arts. The university is around 5 km away from Darmangi Machine bus stop, Warsak Road.
University of Agriculture, Peshawar is a top ranking agricultural university in Pakistan, established in 1981. The university is spotted 6 minutes’ drive away from Palosi Adda (bus stop) in Palosi Talarzai. The institutions offers bachelors, masters and PhD degrees in Agricultural Chemistry, Human Nutrition, Food Science & Technology, Agricultural Mechanization, Horticulture, Agronomy, Plant Breeding & Genetics, Soil and Environmental Sciences, Water Management, Livestock Management, Breeding and Genetics, Animal Health, Animal Nutrition, Poultry Science, Entomology, Plant Pathology, Plant Protection, Weed Science and Agricultural & Applied Economics.
Besides, the university also offers degree programmes in English, Agricultural Extension Education & Communication, Maths, Stats & Computer Science, Rural Sociology, Islamic / Pak. Studies, Management and Computer Sciences, Biotechnology and Genetic Engineering.
You may head to the campus, situated in Professors Colony, for details on their offered programmes, fee structure or curriculum. The University of Agriculture is located at an approximate stretch of 8 km from FATA Secretariat on Warsak Michini Road, Peshawar.
One of the top-rated academic institutions, University of Peshawar is also at a distance of few kilometres from Warsak Road. Founded in 1950, this public research university is recognized by the Higher Education Commission (HEC). The university offers programmes from undergraduate to graduate level in diverse genre of studies that includes Archaeology, Art and Design, English and Applied Linguistics, History, Philosophy, Tourism and Hotel Management, Home Economics, Journalism and Mass Communication, Library and Information Science, Management Science, Commerce, Electronics, Statistics, Computer Science, Psychology, Political Science, Law, International Relations and many others.
The University of Peshawar on Old Jamrud Road, which is reachable after an estimated distance of 10 km from FATA Secretariat on Warsak Road via GT Road/National Highway 5.
Then there is University of Engineering & Technology on Jamrud Road, 9 km away from FATA Secretariat, Sher Ali Town. The secretariat is functional on the west side of the road if going towards Pir Bala Chowk from GT Road’s intersection. For prospective engineers seeking admission in their genre of interest, this public university established since 1980 could be an ideal academic institution to achieve their educational goals. The university is affiliated with the Higher Education Commission (HEC), Pakistan Engineering Council (PEC) and Pakistan Council for Architect & Town Planners. This educational institution offers undergraduate to postgraduate degree programmes in Agricultural Engineering, Civil Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Industrial Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Mechatronics Engineering, Mining, Computer Systems Engineering, Chemical Engineering, Computer Science & Information Technology, Urban Infrastructure Engineering degree and Urban Infrastructure Planning & Management degree. Also, the university features a department of Basic Sciences & Islamiat.
Islamia College Peshawar, located on Grand Trunk Road in Rahat Abad, is also not more than 10 km from FATA Secretariat on Warsak Road. This public university is affiliated by Higher Education Commission (HEC) offering BS (4-year), M. Phil and PhD degrees in different genres of Arts & Languages, Basic & Social Sciences, Religious & Legal Studies, Natural Sciences and Technologies & Engineering Sciences. Additionally, Islamia College also offers intermediate-level programmes that include F.A and F.SC. The college is one of the oldest universities of Pakistan, imparting education since 1913.
Abasyn University is a private sector academic institution recognized by the Higher Education Commission (HEC). Located on Ring Road, Charsadda Link near Patang Chowk in Ashrafia Colony, this university is about 7 km away from Pak Navy Recruitment and Selection Center, which is found on Warsak Road Peshawar in Sher Ali Town. From bachelors to master’s level, the university offers programmes in the field of Computer Science, Civil Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Management Sciences, Pharmacy, Life Sciences, Education, Technology, Governance & Public Policy, Mathematical & Statistical Sciences. Moreover, it has received accreditation by Pakistan Engineering Council for Electrical Engineering programme, Pharm-D programme is recognized by Pharmacy Council of Pakistan and BSCS (Computer Science) and BSSE (Software Engineering) programmes are approved by NCEAC.
Banks on and near Warsak Road, Peshawar
Since the localities on both sides of Warsak Michini Road are completely developed and families are settled here, therefore, residents here have easy access to all the basic utilities and facilities.
Similarly, branches of nearly all the reputed banks of Pakistan are functional on and near Warsak Road Peshawar. You can feasibly access the following in Sher Ali Town on either side of the road for safe and secure transactions, cash deposit, fund transfer and other important bank-related work:
- Allied Bank Limited is sited in proximity to Zain Plaza (east side of the road going towards GT Road’s intersection from Pir Bala Chowk)
- National Bank of Pakistan (NBP) on the west side as well as on the east side of the road. The branch on the east side is spotted 1-minute drive from Hyper Center
- United Bank Limited (UBL) is near Shahnawaz Road on the east side of the Warsak Road
- Habib Bank Limited (HBL) branch is operational in Mumtaz Tower on the west side of the road going towards Pir Bala Chowk from GT Road’s intersection
Furthermore, Tahkal Payan is home to several banks on the Warsak Michini Road. Here is a list of them, pinned on the east side include The Bank of Khyber in proximity to Enter Mart, Bank Al Habib, Meezan Bank in Azam Market, right opposite to Peshawar Public School and College, Muslim Commercial Bank (MCB), The Bank of Punjab (BoP) and Faysal Bank – Islamic is located close to Meritorious Central College.
Another branch of Allied Bank is in Garhi Ameer Khan near Narai Khawar on Warsak Road. Also, Habib Bank Limited’s branch is in Mathra.
All the above-mentioned banks have their ATMs functional right outside their respective branch.
Clinics and Hospitals on and near Warsak Road, Peshawar
Healthcare facilities in proximity to residential communities are not only vital for enhancing dwellers’ quality of life but also contributes significantly to the property's overall value. As discussed earlier that the societies on both sides of Warsak Michini Road are completely developed and has all the basic utilities, similarly, residents have convenient access to clinics and hospitals on and near Warsak Road, Peshawar.
The road is home to general as well as a few specialists’ clinics, among which some are listed as under. These healthcare units are found on the east side of Warsak Michini Road if your route is from Pir Bala Chowk towards GT Road’s intersection:
- Bukhari Clinic and Medical Store is situated right opposite Darmani Jumat bus stop in Darmangi. The clinic is approachable within 7 minutes’ drive from the bus stop
- Zain Dental Clinic in Tahkal Payan, Sher Ali Town is spotted within a minute drive from The Bank of Punjab
- Junaid Clinic in Garhi Ameer Khan
- For special healthcare of women and children, there is Mother and Child Health Clinic pinned in proximity to Khushal Bagh, Sher Ali Town
- People with an inclination towards alternative medicine may consider visiting Dr.Nisar Muhammad Khalil’s clinic, who is a Homeopathic Physician. This clinic is functional in Amin Plaza, Kababian on Warsak Road, Peshawar
Besides, there are two medical centres on the east side in Darmangi, namely Ali Medical Centre and Noor Medical Centre. These units can be located on an approximate side of Darmani Jumat bus stop.
However, on the west side of the road going towards Pir Bala Chowk from GT Road’s intersection, you will find Babar Clinic in Darmnagi and Al Murtaza Clinic near Warsak Model School. You can consult the doctor for minor health-related problems or routine check-up in Al Murtaza Clinic as well as take consultation for psychological problems. The doctor here is a general physician as well as a psychologist/therapist.
Moreover, when it comes to completely equipped medical facilities, you will find the Prime Hospital Complex, hosted by Warsak Road Peshawar. This is a teaching hospital linked to Peshawar Medical College. The medical facility is in Tahkal Payan at an approximate drive of 1 minute from Peshawar Dental College block. The hospital offers clinical services to out-patients 6 days a week, nearly all the diagnostic services including X-Ray, Ultra-Sound, ECG, Laboratory and others. Prime Teaching Hospital also features a pharmacy, operation theatres, general and private wards. Also, ICU and emergency units are active 24/7. Prime Hospital Complex features several departments that include General Medicine, Haematology / Gastroenterology, General & Laparoscopic Surgery, Neurology, Ophthalmology, Gynaecology, Cardiology, Pulmonology, Psychiatry and Dental.
Lady Reading Hospital MTI Peshawar is one of the oldest healthcare facilities, fully equipped with basic and modern equipment as well as machinery. This 1700+ bed general hospital is functional since 1927 featuring a wide range of medical, clinical and surgical departments. Around 300 doctors are serving in 30+ departments, among which the medical departments active at the facility include Cardiology, Paediatrics, Dermatology, Endocrinology, Gastroenterology, Medicine, Nephrology, Neurology, Pulmonology, Rheumatology and Psychiatry. Fortunately, this medical facility is situated on Soekarno Road in PTCL Colony at an estimated stretch of 4 km from Pakistan Navy Recruitment and Selection Centre, Warsak Road. Lady Reading Hospital MTI’s OPD and Emergency unit remains open for 24 hours. According to their official website, the Emergency unit caters to cases related to Pulmonology, Neurology, Cardiac, Radiology, Trauma, Gynaecology and Orthopaedic. The facility also features operation theatres, ICU, pharmacy, medical and surgical wards.
Additionally, a private non-profit healthcare facility, namely Mercy Teaching Hospital is accessible at an estimated interval of 5 km from FATA Secretariat, Warsak Road, pretty close to National Highway 5 (N-5). This teaching hospital sited on University Road in Tahkal also comes under Peshawar Medical College. The hospital features a broad array of departments, for example, General Medicine, General Surgery, Gynae & Obstetrics, Paediatrics, Orthopaedics, Ophthalmology, Dermatology, Radiology, Anaesthesiology, Pathology, ICU and Psychiatry. This medical facility caters to the underprivileged community.
PROPERTIES ON WARSAK ROAD, PESHAWAR
Sales Price Trends Warsak Road, Peshawar
Peshawar, the capital of Khyber Pakhtunkhwa, is the sixth-largest city of the country, as per the latest census report. The city is evolving with basic urban facilities initiated in recent time, for instance, new and enhanced public transport systems and different residential schemes. Furthermore, according to 2019’s first half Peshawar Property Market Report, the city remained a top-choice for residence and investment in Khyber Pakhtunkhwa. Additionally, among the most popular areas of the city, the report further predicted that Warsak Road could be one of the preferred localities for buying houses in Peshawar for those seeking affordable options.
Many potential property buyers may question that what makes Warsak Road, Peshawar an ideal place to live as well as for investment? The reasons are many, for instance, feasible access to top renowned academic institutions of the city as well as of the country, reputed healthcare facilities, shopping avenues in proximity as well as at a walkable distance, groceries, stationery, financial institutions and different amenities. Therefore, despite being fully-equipped with facilities and densely populated on both sides, the property rates fit into the budget frame of dwellers and investors (real estate experts believe).
The idea of the popularity of the given road is also quite evident with the fact that Warsak Road ranks among the five most in-demand localities of Peshawar for buying properties, as per December 2019’s search trend statistics of Zameen.com.
Houses for Sale on Warsak Road, Peshawar
The many localities developed on either side of Warsak Michini Road, Peshawar offer houses for sale at different intervals. There are different categories of units based on area sizes, property position, quality of material used, location/housing project, number of storeys and other factors. On an average the rate of 5 marla houses for sale on Warsak Road, Peshawar are between PKR 42 lakh to PKR 1.85 crore. The units constructed on an area of 10 marla have price bracket of PKR 75 lakh to PKR 3.4 crore. Homebuyers looking for a big house may browse through the category of 1 kanal houses on Warsak Road, Peshawar that is up for sale having rates between PKR 1.8 crore to PKR 8 crore. Prices vary depending on the location or housing scheme in which the units are available for sale and what amenities are accessible to the residents. For instance, as per Zameen.com search trend statistics, Arbab Sabz Ali Khan Town is ranked among top residential communities for buying houses on Warsak Road, Peshawar.
The reason could be that the town is completely equipped with facilities like parks, markets, schools, salons and mosques to name a few. Spread over hundreds of kanals, Arbab Sabz Ali Khan Town is approachable from the centre of the city. Also, the development of Executive Lodges in Arbab Sabz Ali Khan Town, Warsak Road has significantly attracted investors and genuine buyers. The Executive Lodges caters to contemporary lifestyle requirements featuring broad carpeted roads, boundary walls, modern infrastructure and a lot more.
Plots for Sale on Warsak Road, Peshawar
Being home to several residential communities, Warsak Road has a plethora of residential plots to offer for sale from time to time. The area size is one of the major influencing factors on plot rates, apart from the many elements like location, proximity to amenities and commercial area. The prices of 5 marla plots on Warsak Road, Peshawar are as low as PKR 6 lakh that goes as high as PKR 80 lakh. Those willing to invest in 10 marla residential plots available for sale here may need to have a budget between PKR 25 lakh to PKR 1.7 crore. Plots featuring huge area sizes have greater value and rates, therefore, 1 kanal plots on Warsak Road, Peshawar can be bought at a price as low as PKR 70 lakh and as high as PKR 3.2 crore.
Moreover, among the top areas on Warsak Road, Peshawar for buying plots, Officers Garden Colony has the most elevated number of searches, as per Zameen.com search statistics.
Flats for Sale on Warsak Road, Peshawar
Warsak Road, Peshawar features a few apartments for sale. The amenities and features of every flat up for sale is different from the other. The reason could be that each apartment may belong to a different project and definitely, the number of rooms influence the overall infrastructure as well as rate. You will come across 1 to 4-bed flats for sale on Warsak Road, Peshawar that has prices starting from PKR 85 lakh that goes up to PKR 1.25 crore.
Rent Price Trends on Warsak Road, Peshawar
Since Warsak Road, Peshawar is one of the most popular roads of the city, home to several academic institutions and completely equipped with all the basic facilities, so people looking for accommodation on rent, seek options in the localities nearby.
This fact can be backed by Zameen.com’s search trend statistics, according to which Warsak Road is among the top five popular localities for renting properties in Peshawar. The details on the rental trends are discussed below:
Houses for Rent on Warsak Road, Peshawar
The units that are available for rent on Warsak Road, Peshawar have different rental value, not only because the houses are constructed on different area sizes or are located in different residential schemes, but also on how well the unit in question is maintained, its furnishings, as well as interior and exterior work, also count to the leasing value. For instance, the rental rate of 5 marla houses on Warsak Road, Peshawar is as low as PKR 22 thousand and goes as high as PKR 35 thousand per month. On average, the leasing fee of units on the given road is around PKR 22 thousand to PKR 3 lakh per month.
Flats for Rent on Warsak Road, Peshawar
There are different apartment projects constructed on Warsak Road, Peshawar that feature 1 to 4 bedroom flats. Every project is pinned at a different location offering distinct amenities and facilities to its residents along with unique interior and furnishings. Such factors also contribute to the rental value of apartments on Warsak Michini Road, Peshawar. When seeking accommodation here, you might find flats for rent on Warsak Road that fits in your monthly budget frame.
The commercial zone on Warsak Road, Peshawar is active to a great extent. Grocery stores, mobile phone stores, tailor, fabric stores, marts, pharmacies, dairy shops to electronics store, sanitary and marble shops, stationery stores, financial institutions to educational institutions, almost all types of stores are functional here. Such amenities and facilities contribute to the significance of Warsak Michini Road, Peshawar and thus, have boosted commercial properties’ value.
There are offices, plazas, shops and even market available for sale as well as for rent in different localities, developed on the east and west side of the road. Business people and investors can browse through the available commercial properties and perform a comprehensive RnD to foresee the best investment opportunity.
Also, going through Zameen.com’s search trend statistics might give you a brief idea of where to invest in a commercial property. The search trends highlight the most popular areas for buying commercial properties on Warsak Michini Road. As of November 2019, Arbab Sabz Ali Khan Town tops the list of preferred areas for buying commercial properties on Warsak Road, Peshawar.
SHOPPING, RESTAURANTS, AND BAKERIES
Malls near Warsak Road, Peshawar
Shopaholics would appreciate the availability of multiple shopping avenues in proximity to their residence and luckily, there are a plethora of such amenities in the vicinity of localities, developed on both sides of Warsak Michini Road. Residents here have feasible access to tons of national and a few international brands’ outlets, operational at different shopping avenues and malls near Warsak Road, Peshawar. These outlets are not more than 10 to 15 minutes’ drive away from Warsak Road Stop pinned in Peshawar Cantonment, among which a few are discussed as under:
- Deans Shopping Mall on Saddar Road in Peshawar Cantonment is a viable shopping place for the local community. Deans is one of the huge malls of the city, where stores are dealing in fabric and apparel for men women and children, cosmetics to electronics, footwear, artificial and gold jewellery shops and a lot more. Also, the mall features eateries, money exchangers as well as travel and aviation companies’ offices. The mall is around 3 km away from the Warsak Road bus stop that makes about 10 minutes via National Highway 5/GT Road Peshawar.
The east and west side of University Road, Tahkal is a well-known commercial zone in Peshawar, home to a large number of Pakistani and a few international brands. This road along National Highway 5 (N-5)/ GT Road Peshawar is surely a shopper’s paradise, also, featuring commercial plazas, shopping centres and concept stores. The renowned clothing (men and women), shoes, children’s wear, infant accessories, cosmetics and skincare, electronics, home décor as well as furniture brands have their stores established on either side of University Road, Tahkal. There is J. Junaid Jamshed, Ideas by Gul Ahmed, QMobile, OK Furnishers, ECS, Bata, Ittehad, Levis, Nike, Adidas, Hi Street, Diner’s, Graco Babyshop, Ethnic by Outfitters, AlKaram Studio and the list continues.
Furthermore, University Road also houses City Towers and JB Tower. A few known brands have taken their space in City Towers. For instance, you will find Chinyere, Bareeze, Minnie Minors, Leisure Club and The Body Shop to name a few. On the other hand, JB Tower is home to Nishat Linen, Charcoal, Duke, Hopscotch, ChenOne, Kidz n Kidz, Zeen and various other brands and some of the local brands’ store. Besides, there is Crescent Mall in the same commercial zone near Jamrud Road that stocks a huge variety of wardrobe, fashion accessories and footwear for men, women and children.
So, the dwellers across Warsak Road, Peshawar may conveniently head to the above places via GT Road/N-5 for an ultimate shopping experience.
Restaurants and Bakeries on and near Warsak Road, Peshawar
Peshawar is not only home to a wide range of restaurants that serve exotic and authentic Peshawari cuisines such as karahi and barbeque, but the city also offers a finger-licking variety of Chinese, Pakistani, Fast Food and Continental cuisines. Fortunately, foodies will find different restaurants located on and near Warsak Road, Peshawar, among which a few are famous for having scrumptious seafood in their menu. Here are a few of the options you will find on the east and west side of the road at different intervals:
- Biryani lovers may head to Karachi Biryani House in Noshad Khan, spotted near Darmani Jumat bus stop, Darmangi on the main Warsak Road. Also, there is Pak Ghazi Biryani Restaurant in Sher Ali Town on the west side of the road, if coming from GT Road’s intersection towards Pir Bala Chowk.
- Seafood fans also have a list to choose from. They can take their steps towards Insaf Fish Point Home, pinned near Darmani Jumat bus stop, New Sardar Yar Khajoor Fish Centre in Garhi Ameer Khan and Khaksaar Machli Farosh in Sher Ali Town. All these options serve a variety of barbeque items made with seafood as well as karhai and are on the west side, coming from GT Road’s intersection towards Pir Bala Chowk.
- Those craving for fast food can satisfy their taste buds at Chicken Spot, which is a fried chicken takeaway outlet, found on the west side of the road on the route to Pir Bala Chowk from GT Road’s intersection. This takeaway outlet is spotted near a CNG Station. Also, there is Italian Pizza on the east side near Shahnawaz Road in Sher Ali Town, whereas, on the west, you will also find Crunch Pizza near Salman Local Plaza, Big Bite Peshawar-Khalil Manzil close to National Bank of Pakistan (NBP)-Islamic and Food Punch pinned in proximity to Royal Club Road and Pharmacy Pluss. Other than fast food, Food Punch also serves a variety of snacks, for instance, chaat and pani puri to name a few.
- Haleem Ghar is spotted right opposite to Darmangi Machine bus stop on the main Warsak Michini Road, Darmangi (west side of the road).
- For some scrumptious barbeque and rolls, the famous options among the local community include Angeethi Barbeque Restaurant, sited in Salman Plaza pretty close to Pir Bala Chowk. Though it's a roadside BBQ spot, frequent visitors have given satisfactory reviews about the quality and taste of food on different social media platforms and that too at economical rates. Tandoor Kebab Centre on the west side of Warsak Michini Road is 2 km away from Peshawar Model School Boys 1 in Sher Ali Town, is also a good option when it comes to barbeque cuisines.
Foodies dwelling across Warsak Road also have easy access to some of the popular eateries, functional on the east side near Garrison Park Peshawar in Bashirabad and Peshawar Cantonment. The restaurants found near Warsak Michini Road, Peshawar are listed below:
- Habibi Restaurant is functional in Army Food Court, having a variety of Pakistani and majorly authentic Pashtun recipes on their menu. They are famous for their Mutton Chops, KabuliPulao, Mutton Ribs, Namkeen Karahi, Chapli Kebab and other cuisines.
- Peshawari Baithak in Sher Khan Shaheed Park, Bashirabad is another popular option in the vicinity serving a wide variety of traditional desi food. Barbeque items are their speciality.
- Second Cup Coffee Company Peshawar (café) is also spotted in Army Food Court near Sher Khan Shaheed Stadium on Shami Road, Peshawar Cantonment. The place is quite cosy featuring contemporary architecture and peaceful ambience. Their menu has burgers, sandwiches, steaks, pasta, paninis, desserts as well as a variety of hot and cold beverages.
- Bread Chef Café and Bakers on Sher Khan Road is another café popular among the local community. The café serves a range of bakery items as well as a few types of traditional sweets. The menu includes Gelato ice-cream, fast food, continental, desserts and steaks. They also prepare customized cakes on order and also, have ice cakes in their menu. Visitors have given raving reviews about their Tandoori Chaye (tea) on different social media platforms.
- The Green Olive’s Restaurant is also pinned on Shami Road. The restaurant’s menu has Chinese, Pakistani and Continental cuisines.
Additionally, two renowned fast-food chains have their outlets near Garrison Park, namely McDonald’s on Sher Khan Road and Pizza Hut on Shami Road. Hardee’s can also be reached on GT Road, Peshawar Cantonment.
Fortunately, some of the renowned eateries of Peshawar are not too far from Warsak Road. For instance, Hong Kong Chinese Restaurant in 24 D The Mall on Mall Road, Peshawar Cantonment is around 5 km away from FATA Secretariat, which is functional in Sher Ali Town, Warsak Michini Road. This is the top-notch Chinese eatery in the city, having an extensive menu that includes around forty-eight types of soups only and a variety of rice, poultry and noodle dishes. The facility has a spacious dining area and the prices are quite economical.
Nisar Charsi Tikka on Namak Mandi Road in Shah Qabool Colony is another most-visited eatery in town. They specialize in a variety of barbeque items catering to the taste buds of authentic Peshawari food lovers with meats cooked on low flame. What makes the eatery more appealing is that the diners order meat in kilo as per their choice of spices and then it is cooked in the restaurant’s open kitchen. This eatery is not more than 6 km away from FATA Secretariat, operational on the Warsak Michini Road in Sher Ali Town.
When it comes to cakes, sweets and other bakery items as well as savouries, for the dwellers across the Warsak Michini Road options are many. You will find the following bakeries situated on Warsak Road, Peshawar:
- Khalid Sweets & Bakery on Warsak Road, Darmangi, located in Faqeer Akakhel Market is on the west side of the road
- Cake o Clock Sweet & Bakers in Sher Ali Town is near Kababyan stop on the east side of the road going towards Pir Bala Chowk Peshawar from GT Road’s intersection
- Hassan Sweets & Bakers in Yousufabad is spotted at a distance of 3 km from Darmangi Machine bus stop
- New Moti Mahal Bakers is on the east, functional in Officers Garden Colony
- Fresco Bakers is also accessible from the east side of the road, going towards GT Road’s intersection from Pir Bala Chowk. The bakery is, however, spotted in Tahkal Payan, Sher Ali Town
OUTDOOR ACTIVITIES, FITNESS AND BEAUTY
Sports Facilities and Fitness Centres on and near Warsak Road, Peshawar
Fitness and sports enthusiasts appreciate the presence of amenities such as gyms and sport clubs in proximity to their residence. Such facilities near home make it feasible to take their time out from the busy routine and indulge in healthy physical activities.
Luckily, a few of the sports facilities are located near Warsak Road, Peshawar in Bashirabad and Peshawar Cantonment. The details of the said facilities are as follows:
- Professional and beginner golfers can register at the 18-hole Peshawar Golf Club. This well-maintained facility is functional on Shami Road featuring lush greenery across the golf course. Not only golfers but registered members often come with their friends and family to spend quality time with each other. The Golf Club also features a jogging track, where fitness enthusiasts are often seen coming for morning and evening walk.
- Just beside the Peshawar Golf Club, there is a Polo Club as well. Registered members come here to practice their skills and learn new techniques from fellow players.
- Those interested in skeet shooting can head to Peshawar Skeet Shooting Club, based in Bashirabad near Garrison Mini Zoo.
- Besides the shooting club, you will find Total Football Peshawar (Sports Club), based in Bashirabad. Time to time football matches are held among the local community’s teams a football fanatics come for practising at regular intervals
- For those passionate about learning, karate can visit and register at Japan Tenshinkan Karate and Fitness Gym in Defence Officers Colony, Peshawar Cantonment. The facility also features a fully-equipped fitness centre backed by experienced instructors. You can reach here after covering an estimated span of 2.5 km from Warsak Road bus stop via GT Road, Peshawar.
- Cricket fans can learn all the techniques and skills at Tehkal Cricket Academy & Ground, which is based in Tahkal at an approximate distance of 5 km from Warsak Road bus stop. Cricket matches are often organized by the people of the local community. Also, Arbab Niaz Cricket Stadium Peshawar is spotted at a drive of around 11 minutes from Warsak Road bus stop. This stadium is sited in between Charsadda Road and Eidgah Road in Shahi Bagh.
When it comes to fitness centres situated on and near Warsak Road, Peshawar, dwellers on either side of the road will find ample options. For example, Oxygen Fitness Club Gym is accessible on Warsak Michini Road, established on the second floor of Khalil Plaza in Hakeemabad. The gym is completely equipped with contemporary machines and equipment. Also, there are fitness instructors available to guide members, throughout. The nearby gyms to the given road are listed below:
- Ultimate Fitness Gym on Arbab Road in Peshawar Cantonment is approachable at a span of about 3 km from Warsak Road bus stop
- Red Hard Gym in Palosi Talarzai is found 7 km away from FATA Secretariat, operational in Sher Ali Town, Warsak Michini Road
- Defence Gym and Martial Arts, as the name implies, is not only a fitness centre but the facility also offers Martial Arts classes to the registered members. This gym is reachable in Defence Officers Colony on Sajjad Road after covering a span of 3 km from FATA Secretariat (west side) in Sher Ali Town, Warsak Road
- Power Gym at the main road of Afghan Colony near Patang Chowk is accessible at a rough span of 3 km from Warsak Road bus stop in Peshawar Cantonment
Parks near Warsak Road, Peshawar
Parks in proximity to residential communities are essential for the dwellers to bond with their family and enjoy outdoor activities with them, conveniently. Fortunately, Garrison Family Park is feasibly accessible from either side of Warsak Road, Peshawar. This park featuring different rides for all age-groups as well as a mini-zoo is found in Bashirabad near McDonald’s outlet and is a 3-minute drive from Warsak Road bus stop, Peshawar Cantonment. Also, adjacent to this park, you will find Sher Khan Shaheed Amusement Park, which was established in the year 2015. This amusement park features several rides for children and adults, both. The two parks are well-maintained by the management, providing families with a lush green ambience, where they can unwind their stress.
Furthermore, taking a 7 minutes’ drive from Pak Navy Recruitment and Selection Center, which is based on Warsak Road, you can easily reach Cantonment Park in Bashirabad. This community park of the respective area features a walking/jogging track offering a peaceful and tidy ambience to the visitors with greenery across the entire park.
Also, Cantonment Board Defence Officers Colony Park is approachable at a drive of around 6 minutes from Warsak Road bus stop, Peshawar Cantonment. This is a well-kept family park, usually crowded in the evening, especially on weekends and people also come for morning or evening walk/jog here. The park even features a mosque and two fitness centres.
Cinemas near Warsak Road, Peshawar
The city has a plethora of cinemas popular among movie aficionados, and fortunately, a few from the list are accessible within 15 to 20 minutes’ drive from Warsak Road bus stop, Peshawar Cantonment. These cinemas are located quite near Warsak Road, Peshawar. You can feasibly head to Tasveer Mahal Cinema on Hakeem Ullah Jan Road and Picture House Cinema, both in Mohalla Jangi Namak Mandi. Also, Naz Cinema that features 3D screens as well is accessible on Hakeem Ullah Jan Road in Hashtnagri. This cinema is spotted within a 7 minutes’ drive from Grand Trunk Road, Hashtnagri.
When it comes to hangout options in the nearby areas of Warsak Road, Peshawar, especially on weekends and public holidays, you can head to the following places:
- Army Stadium Peshawar, also known as Karnal Sher Khan Stadium, situated on Shami Road in Bashirabad is a recreational park overseen by the Pakistan Army. This stadium is reachable within 2 minutes’ drive from Warsak Road bus stop. The stadium features a Food Court Complex as well as McDonald’s, gaming arenas, different rides for all age groups, music stores and stalls that are selling a variety of different items. The Food Court Complex hosts Peshawari Baithak, Chaman Ice Cream, Tutti Fruiti and Nan Bar. This facility is spotted near several significant buildings and infrastructure of Peshawar.
- Peshawar Museum is the place for antiquarians. However, you can explore the huge collection of Gandharan Art exhibited in a 1906 Victorian building. The entry is completely free for everyone. The museum houses around 14,000 stuff featuring Kushan, Indo-Scythian, Gandhara, Parthian and Greco-Buddhist lifestyle. There are archaeological discoveries, paintings, prior versions of the Holy Quran, cultural and regional artefacts and a lot more. This museum is functional on Saddar Road right opposite to Governor House Peshawar & Civil Secretariat and is located 4 km away from Warsak Road bus stop near Warsak Michini Road.
- Families with kids can enjoy a fun-filled time at the Funland-Family Park, established in Bashirabad. This amusement park features tons of exciting and thrilling rides catering to kids of all age groups as well as adults. The park is approachable at an estimated span of 4 km from Warsak Road bus stop.
- Shahi Bagh, one of the historical places of Peshaswar, is the huge garden of the Mughal times. This amenity is a public recreational park spread across 100 acres of land. This park also features Parda Bagh, Shalimar Garden, Family Recreational and Children’s Play Area. You can reach Shahi Bagh after covering an approximate interval of 5 km from Warsak Road bus stop.
- Khalid Bin Waleed Park on Mall Road in Peshawar Cantonment is approachable at an estimated span of 3 km via Grand Trunk Road/N-5. The park has a walking track as well as a play area for kids with manual rides.
THINGS TO CONSIDER
Warsak Road, Peshawar as discussed earlier as well, is one of the popular roads of the city well-connected to Peshawar Ring Road and other major routes of Peshawar. According to Peshawar Property Market Report of 2019 by Zameen.com, the localities around Warsak Michini Road might prove perfect for those looking for economical residential properties. Stretching to and from GT Road’s intersection, on the east of Warsak Road, you can also locate Peshawar Cantonment. Above all from basic utilities to all the necessary amenities are within reach of the dwellers, living on the east and west side of the road. Whether it’s a medical facility, grocery store or a bank, you shall find everything, except the fact that there is a lack of community parks and salons in the areas surrounding Warsak Road, Peshawar. The road is, however, home to top-notch academic institutions. Genuine buyers interested in a property for the personal residence may find the housing communities here quite convenient for living. Investors may find a good deal because the commercial area is booming on Warsak Road and investing in either commercial or residential properties may yield profitable returns on investment.
Importance of Warsak Road, Peshawar from major locations nearby
- Baccha Khan Airport is at an estimated distance of 5 km from FATA Secretariat, on Warsak Road, Peshawar
- The University of Peshawar is approximately 10 km away from FATA Secretariat, Warsak Road
- The distance to Masjid Mahabat Khan in Andar Shehr Mohallah is around 6 km, from FATA Secretariat on Warsak Road
- Peshawar Railway Station in Peshawar Cantonment is about 6 km away