In This Post:
About Smart Card for Vehicle Registration in Sindh
How to Apply for Smart Vehicle Registration Card
Fee Details for Smart Card for Vehicle Registration
Information Printed on Smart Card
Benefits of Smart Vehicle Registration Card in Sindh
The recent digitization of the Excise and Taxation Department in Sindh and other provinces of Pakistan has made our lives easier than ever. People can now easily register and verify their vehicles online while living in Pakistan. The introduction of a chip-based smart card for vehicle verification in Sindh is another major breakthrough in this regard.
So, if you’re a resident of Karachi or any other major city of the province who hasn’t applied for vehicle registration yet, then you’re in luck. In this blog, we are going to give you a comprehensive guide on how to apply for a smart card for vehicle registration in Sindh and discuss the key benefits of being a chip-based smart registration cardholder.
Now, without any further delay, let’s get started with our guide!
More About the Newly-introduced ‘Smart Card’ for Vehicle Registration in Sindh
The issuance of chip-based smart cards for vehicle registration in Sindh began in the latter half of 2020, which have been equipped with highly advanced security features. They will be used as proof of vehicle ownership and registration instead of the conventionally used registration books.
Chip-based vehicle registration cards have already been introduced in Punjab and the Islamabad Capital Territory. The concept of a smart vehicle registration card in Sindh was first announced in 2018. However, there were some unforeseen delays in the execution of the project, which is why it wasn’t released until the fourth quarter of 2020.
How to Apply for Smart Card for Vehicle Registration in Sindh: A Step-by-step Guide
The instructions to apply for a smart vehicle registration card in Sindh have been given in an orderly manner. Take a look!
- Visit your nearest Excise and Taxation Department office. If you live in Karachi, you may have to visit the first floor of Civic Centre along with your current vehicle registration book/documentation.
- Upon inquiring about the smart card, you will be given a form. You will then need to fill it out with your mobile number, postal address, and other required information.
- Make sure there is no due token tax on your vehicle. It should be paid at least up till the end of the current year.
- Once you are done with the aforementioned process, it may take a couple of weeks for your Smart Card to get ready. The Excise and Taxation Department will inform you to pick up your card once it is ready.
Smart Vehicle Registration Card Fee in Sindh
The application fee for a smart vehicle registration card in Sindh is PKR 750.
Information on Your Smart Card for Vehicle Registration
Following is the list of information that will be printed on your smart vehicle registration card in Sindh:
- Vehicle Owner’s name
- Vehicle’s chassis number
- Provided CNIC/Passport details
- Engine and Registration numbers
- Date of registration
- Registration History (if required)
- Details about Annual Motor Vehicle and Token taxes
- Details about cylinders (power units of the engine)
- Manufacturer’s name and the class of vehicle (motorcycle, domestic/commercial vehicle, heavy machinery, etc.)
- Colour and type of vehicle (hatchback, sedan, SUV, etc.)
- Size of tyres (depending on the circumference of rims)
- Year of Manufacturing
- Engine Power and Seating Capacity
Perks of Being a Smart Vehicle Registration Card Holder
Some of the key benefits of having a chip-based card for vehicle registration in Sindh has been listed below:
- As discussed, if you have a smart card, you may not have to carry that bulky registration book and other related documents as proof of your vehicle ownership and registration all the time. Just keep this small chip-based card with you. It can easily fit in your pocket and wallet.
- It has advanced security features, which can prevent vehicle tampering and protect you from other frauds related to fake registration and documentation.
- The law-enforcement agencies can check your entire record by simply scanning the chip on your card. The entire process has been made extremely swift and hassle-free.
- In case you have somehow misplaced or lost your smart card, all you have to do is to pay the aforementioned fee once more to get it issued again. There is no duplicate issuance of the smart card. The previous one will automatically be deactivated once the new card is issued against the same vehicle registration number.
Now that we have discussed the entire process of applying for a smart card for vehicle registration in Sindh, it’s time for us to wrap up. We hope we have provided you with all the useful information in this regard. If you still have any questions or feedback related to the above-mentioned process, let us know by emailing us at email@example.com.
On a side note, you may also like our detailed guide on vehicle registration in Pakistan.
For more informative guides on the different types of laws and taxes in the country, keep reading Zameen Blog. It’s where you will find the best lifestyle and real estate blogs in Pakistan. Subscribe to our email newsletter to stay updated with our latest blog posts.