Whether you are patching the roof leaks or undertaking a fully-fledged renovation project, floor tiles in your home are prone to splatter caused by materials used as binders and/or paint. Cement stains are the worst as they get stubborn if not cleaned timely and properly. So, if you are facing the same problem in your home and don’t know how to remove cement stains from tiles, we’re here to help. We are going to give you some easy and useful DIY tips regarding the removal of leftover cement from a tiled surface in this blog.
Things You Will Need to Remove Cement Stains from Tiles
Whether you are dealing with light or stubborn stains, you may need the following things to get the stain removal job done.
- White vinegar
- Flathead screwdriver or a scraper
- Scrubbing pad
- Soft cloths
All these items may be easily available in your home. Now, let’s learn how to use them while working on DIY tips to clean cement stains from tiles.
Tips to Clean Cement Stains from Tiles
First of all, we’ll give you a few tips on how to remove cement stains for tiles that are not stubborn. All of the DIY ways discussed in this section of the blog doesn’t involve any harsh chemicals. So, let’s discuss the entire process step-by-step.
- Step 1: Soak the rag of soft cloth in vinegar for a few minutes.
- Step 2: In the next step, place the cloth over the stained area.
- Step 3: Allow the vinegar to weaken the cement stain. Leave the soaked cloth there for at least an hour.
- Step 4: Vinegar may get easily evaporated. You can reapply it to the affected area by soaking
- Step 5: Once the cement stain looses its grip from the surface, scrub it with a scrubbing pad to completely remove it.
- Step 6: You can scrape away the remains of stains if there are any with a flathead screwdriver or a scraper
- Step 7: You can also repeat the entire process if you want to wipe clean any cement stains left.
How to Remove Stubborn Cement Stains from Tiles
The aforementioned process was for the removal of light cement stains on tiles. Further in this blog, we are going to discuss tips on how to remove stubborn cement stains from tiles. So, let’s take you through the entire process step-by-step again.
- Step 1: When working on tips to remove stubborn cement stains from tiles, the very first thing you need to do is to remove as much residue of cement as possible using a scraper or a flathead screwdriver.
- Step 2: Take a small amount of phosphoric acid (as per the manufacturer’s instruction). Apply it to the stained area. When working on tips to remove cement stains from tiles, make sure you’re taking all safety precautions.
- Step 3: Once the grip of stain loosens, wipe it clean with a scrub or a sponge. It depends on the stubbornness of the stain.
- Step 4: You can use a water hose or simply throw a small bucket of water to rinse the area. This way you can get rid of any remaining cement residues on tiles.
- Step 5: Rinse the area again if you think there are any residues left. This is how to clean cement stains from tiles and make them look like new.
- Step 6: For the safety of your own and other household members, remove any remains of phosphoric acid from the floor. This step is especially very important for you if you have young children and toddlers at home. On a side note, you may also want to take a look at some useful safety tips for toddlers at home.
Precautionary Tip: Always wear protective gear when working on DIY tips to remove cement stains from tiles. This becomes even more important if you are dealing with stubborn and thick stains. In such a case, you may also need to use phosphoric acid, which is why necessary precaution is a must. Phosphoric acid can be extremely hazardous, especially if it comes in touch with your eyes or skin.
Now that we have given you all the necessary tips on how to clean cement stains from tiles for both light and stubborn ones, it’s time for us to wrap up this piece. If you have any questions or feedback related to our blog, reach out to us at email@example.com. We’d be glad to hear from you and try to get back to you as soon as possible.
For more house cleaning tips and other informative lifestyle-related pieces, keep reading Zameen Blogs. Also, don’t forget to subscribe to our e-newsletter to get regular updates from our blog section.