Action against property dealer

One property dealer took money for investment/trading ,but suddenly started saying that he is going in loss and return you some money and rest amount he is not returning.He has given affidavit with garrantee cheques…Date has passed and cheques are bounce back…What can be the best action at my end to recover the amount…Advise please all.Tariq

The best option is to negotiate with him from time to time tactfully....... bring him to the table around people and keep negotiating with him...... give him multiple warnings in multiple ways but never break with him..... never make a fight with him..... never put him in jail otherwise you will get nothing at the end of the day......... most of times you must visit his office and take teas and sit there for hours and hours even saying without a word.... he will get tired of you..... visit his hujra and take lunch and dinners with him and spend nights with him( This is the best trusted method used in Afghanistan to recover the looted money and it works in a zabardast way qasam sa)......

Be COOL with him and never lose temper....... We have tried these tacts with thieves and cheaters and worked wonderfully........,

This is what i knew to the best of my knowledge and belief and good luck amigo.....

At the end a kafir baba ji says

YOU ARE NOT ROBBED JUST BECAUSE THE OTHER PARTY WAS SMARTER THAN YOU DURING NEGOTIATIONS.........

I had read a quote while watching Game of thrones, i am using this quote for a very specific purpose... please it is never meant to hurt any specific community... it is being shared just for experience sake...

(You can rent a whore but you can not buy her)

Very interesting suggestion Ilyas. I could never think of this method.

How about jirgas and involving other people and community members, does that work?

On the other hand naivety of Khan sahib is appalling. This should be a lesson for everyone who falls prey to such looters just because they did not take any safety measures such as writing down agreement or making any witnesses and guarantors.

Here is my own quote.

There is no end to greed and naivety.

'Getting money stuck can be foolish but Getting money recovered is pure wisdom'

Cheques can be best possible document/proof to exert legal pressure but ultimately social pursuance can be faster road to recovery. Don't let that go, believe me, if you have legitimate signed cheques you are on a strong footing, it's a matter of firm pursuance, you will get it... Unless he has defaulted and is ready to be behind bars

Yes isloo1 sahib, i used the word " bring him around people" means Jarga… yes Jarga works a lot…

Another example of how criminals are doing property business in Pakistan.

1. All property dealers must be finger-printed and go through background check by ISI & FIA.

2. All dealers should be bonded and bond should be at least 1 crore.

3. For every transaction, banks should be mandated to open ESCROW accounts and property dealer should not be allowed to touch cash at any point and time.

4. All property transfers must be registered in FBR electronically.

5. All property transactions and records should be public. Every citizen should have the right to access any property transaction along with buyer/seller information. Like PTI recovered record of Zardari's apartment from New York City Office.