Advice needed related to property dealing matter.

Assalamualaikum experts,

I just recently bought a house in bahria town lahore through a property dealer.The deal went fine with the seller and the commission of the dealer was paid too.

Before buying this house,i visited this house with another dealer but i wasn't interested in buying this house at that time.
Last night the older dealer called me and said that i visited this house with him for the first time and that he wants his 1% commission too.
Now i need an advice about this matter,what should i do according to the laws?

Law does not restrict you to pay anything to that dealer... Morally and ethically, you should have gone with the deal through the first dealer, who showed you that house in first place.

Regards

You are right Mr. Khan. Commission is right of first dealer that showed you house first. Morally you should pay it to that dealer.

Khan sb i m sorry but i disagree with you; a dealer show you many properties and its part of his job it does not mean that i m obliged to pay him or he is obliged to get me a deal. Many times seller back off.

I m only required to pay to a dealer who closes the transaction.

You can tell that old dealer that 1 ki batti bana kr apne andar le lo.

Morally and legally you are not bound to pay him anything

Well I think that you do not need to pay anything to the first dealer.

You should have informed second dealer earlier that you have already seen this house with old dealer so that he could have discussed the commission issue. In my opinion 1% should have been split half amongst both dealers ideally.

To keep simple the complex scenario ,even if you not like face of first dealer , you are morally free to kick off his … And move to next one even for same property , very strange people talking about morality with dealers doings , if he ask again or threaten you on call do register complaint in pta and cyber crime

I dont know why people r so desprate, agresive and frustrated?

Dear Arslan,

You already paid commission to dealer who managed deal so don't pay any more to old dealer.

Regards

@ Arslan,

Its a routine exercise which used by many buyers/sellers that they took info from one,visit with anyone else or 1st one and close the deal with any 3rd one,there is no moral ethics or law obligations behind all this exercise so be happy and just chill.

Morally and ethically i just say one thing that if u have got the better deal from 2nd one then u have no need to worry about 1st one and if u have get same deal from 2nd one which 1st one offered u then that was the right of 1st one that u close the deal with 1st one.

But anyhow anything could be happen in our society in the presence of Law and Moral Ethics.

There are 2 distinct issues here -- ethical and legal. The laws on real estate agency practices are not spelled out in any particular act/legislation as per my knowledge hence all transactions are legally bound by the contract between you and the dealer, if any. However, ethically you should compensate the first dealer, at least partially. In many other nations, you would be bound to pay the commission to the first dealer.

So it is your perogative then whether you wish to honor the supposed representation by the first dealer or whether you wish to walk away from him/her. It's how you interpret your situation. Practically this would be considered non-issue by majority in Pak.

Khalid sb, I agree with your second paragraph and my earlier post was also based on this understanding.

Regards

@Pkrusd: Is this Ayaz sb with us?

@Mr. Khan: yup. I I wasn’t able to catch your first name the other day.

Great to have you here with us...

So, now you started to participate and contribute to this forum as an active member.... I really appreciate this.

You can ask Samra about that...

By the way, you have opted for very interested user name....

Regards

Refer to my case even my deal got cancelled due to buyer financial matter, a well renowned dealer for PWD Islamabad pushed me to share 50% of advance money I took. I returned all advance money back to tentative buyer considering his financial issues but the greedy property dealer (who is also reading this post) asked for his 1% commission on all property value by holding my advance payment stamp paper. Later he arranged head of property association and fetched PKR 50k even for non performance.

So my friends they have no ethics, no loyalty and no respect, we may only pray for them even they don’t deserve that.

Faisal sb, are you sure he is reading your post?

:slight_smile: yes i already got feedback from him

It is very strange but only applicable in Pakistan that the dealer's job is just to show the property and claim his one percent or so and after the doing the first agreement, they start claiming their percentage and then get aside, which is absolutely wrong.

Ethically the dealer has to make the deal transparent and do all the paper work keeping both the buyer and seller free from this headache but this is not the practice of most of dealers.

I'ts very simple the first dealer couldn't convince you enough to go for the deal and the house was not bound with that dealer either or else he should also demand his percentage from the owner as well.

You can refer him the second dealer to go and fight with him, if it belonged to you why he was able to sale?