Irfan

Expert Authority
1112 posts
8 best
Real Estate

Expert Authority
1052 posts
3 best
Become an expert on the forum, check Forum Ranks.
Investors Advice questions and answers. All your Investors Advice questions answered by our experts and thousands of other members. Get professional Investors Advice answers to your questions. Get started by asking a new Investors Advice question now.
Farhan Jamil
( 15 posts )

[18 Answers]
I have 5 million in cash. I have confused in two options. One is to buy my own home and start living in it as i'm currently living on rent. Other option is to invest this 5 million in real state for next 5 years. What is the best option for me in the long run? My main concern is to have savings at the end of next 10 years.

Any expert please help.

118 days ago In Investors Advice
    Imtiaz
    (1966 posts)
    Best Answer
    - Plot Price appreciates (general hypothesis).

- Structure depreciates and it's value fluctuates depending on construction cost, PKR value etc.

In principle, every structure at min recovers it's cost unless damaged and if the plot underneath appreciates so does the overall property.

Re: Commute to/from 6th road:

Depends on individual's preferences in 5 M budget, parts of Sadiq Abad, Airport housing etc. suits best. For me, under current Socio-Political circumstances, having ones own roof first of all should be a priority above all investments!
      113 days ago 

Abdul Qayyum
      (2358 posts)
      Farhan sb

In real estate, you can have in your budget:

A one Kanal plot in bahria Pindi phase-8 sector P n look for the one which has extra land. Forget selling it at least for 5 years.

Explore DHA-5, increase little money and get a 8 marla plot, forget for 3 years.

Bahria sector M or zone 5 extension near golf courses a 30 by 40 plot and project profit for at least 3 years.

For both rental and appreciation, explore CDA Markaz F-11 and buy on shop in basement at 50 lacs and rent min 25K PM. Shop price will keep increasing as time progresses.

In bahria phase-8, in safari valley, buy a small muhalla commercial at 50-55 lacs built unit with plot ownership, rent now is 20-22K as of now n 10% annual increase.

New townships such as BWC or TC or MC .....check with experts here on zameen.

Last but not the least, explore CDA I-series sectors, you will never lose In Shaa Allah.
        118 days ago 

Muhammad Kha..
        (66 posts)
        Having your own house is an investment as well. You can always sell that too, its price will keep increasing and you can even save the rent you are paying (and will be paying in the future), if you have the right discipline. And you will have your own home. As long as you can find a plot and build a home on it to your liking, I will recommend having your own home. Then you can go about saving for further investments or simply go saving mode for retirement or children.
          115 days ago 

Farhan Jamil
          (15 posts)
          I'm also leaning towards building own home as it'll give me peace of mind and I can concentrate on savings later.

I've made small calculations and figured I'll pay around 4 million in next 10 years in rent. Now I can get same return from investing 5 million but then again it is not worth the pain living on rent and not building own home which'll also appreciate with time.
            114 days ago 

Khalid
            (555 posts)
            Brother, without any doubt go for your own house, it is also an investment on you and your family. Circumstances can change anytime in life and we should go for the family security first.

Invest somewhere is new development areas on installments on the rent you save from paying the rentals. Consider Capital Smart City, Lahore Smart City for future. In about 4 years you will be having another plot from your rental savings.

For construction purposes explore BT Phase 8, I-16 only. It will appreciate with time. Other place may have litigation issues, NoC problems and will not give you peace of mind.

May Allah give you the right direction and help you.

Regards,

Khalid
              114 days ago 

Khalid
              (555 posts)
              @ AQ sb. Please guide if one can get 1 kanal in Sector P BT with extra land in 5 million budget?
                114 days ago 

Muhammad Kha..
                (66 posts)
                @Farhan Jamil sab, good luck :) I hope you find a place to your liking.
                  114 days ago 

Abdul Qayyum
                  (2358 posts)
                  Khalid sb

Yes, it is possible in the subject budget.

Sir, I can safely tell that Mr Shahid Malik, who is as big as Malik Riaz in phass-8 prospective, is proving instrumental to connect to govt baboos to get sure access for phase-8 to RRR. DHA directorate in GHQ shall appreciate equally this connection.

If Imran govt stays, ML1, Laee development and RRR is written in stone......not for us...for PTI votes in next elections just like drama baz spent the 70% of Punjab budget exclusively on Lahore.
                  I think this is time to invest in P block and all the good working societies along RRR, all the way to Kohat road where Islamabad airport will connect to Kohat road.
                  RRR is now considered at all higher benches that it is a must project for the area traffic and security. During school times, hours are being wasted and everyone is affected from traffic rush.
                    114 days ago 

Abdul Qayyum
                    (2358 posts)
                    Rawalpindi Ring Road project PC-1 for land acquisition approved https://www.zameen.com/news/rawalpindi-ring-road-project-pc-1-for-land-acquisition-approved.html?utm_campaign=Zameen%20Gazette%20-%20Aug%2011%2C%202020&utm_content=Subscriber%2326326&utm_medium=Email&utm_source=Oempro
                      114 days ago 

Farhan Jamil
                      (15 posts)
                      I work at 6th Road, Rawalpindi so I have to consider my daily commute before deciding the area. BT8 is far far away.
                        114 days ago 

Post Answer (18 Answers)
                        1 2 >
                        Email Basket (0)
                        SEND EMAIL   REMOVE ALL