Buying newly built house V.S. Getting one built

I'm returning to pakistan and need to solve this riddle that i go for a newly built house (generally designs are not per your taste) but it saves time (cost factor!) v.S. Getting one built (time and efforts).

I need to know what kind of saving can be made if i opt for getting one design and built compare to buying newly built houses. I know it is difficult to have a precise answer but just need to know roundabout estimate for cost vs time.

If you want to live in that house it is better to go for construction rather than a built one. Yes it is a very big factor. The design will be of your taste. The construction quality matters a lot. They are going to charge you anyway a high price tag whether their construction quality is worth it or not. Once the house is finished it is almost impossible to verify the quality of work done unless if you live in and start seeing problems.

Regarding the cost factor i think if you have some construction experience, building a new home will be cost effective than going for an already built one. Also the majority homes in Isb are built by these builders who sell homes for profit so how can you expect them to make something outstanding or clean just because you are returning to Pakistan and want to live in.

They care abut their profits only and nothing else.

Mr arshad is 100% right, just after 6 months living in the house which is built by contractor, you will come to know about the 100s of problems.

Buy land, build your dream house as per your needs.

Consider you are doing a job but this time it is for you and your family.

Best of luck.

You can easily save 3-4 millions rs for a kanal house if you construct yourself.

There are lot of factors you can see in the build house although i myself build house but i would recommend to build your own house rather than buying one as there are very less reliable companies in market.

Buying Already Build House.

1. Less efforts time and hectic schedule and dealing with contractor

2.more money spent

1. If build by contractor than lot of issues may be it looks good from top but inside lot of problems

2. Design is not of your taste and you are never satisfied as it is build by some one else

Building your own house.

. Less money involve save 3 millions at least in kanal house

. Your own design and taste

. Lots of efforts time and mental torture to deal with the contractors.

In the end i would say that if you have time build your own house or give project to the reliable company,third buy the already build house some of them are good with owners build but don't go for typical contractors build

Dear Arshad, Calm, Sheikh and A M Abbasi,

Thank you so much for your words of wisdom on this. I have been thinking about taking it as a project for myself but wanted to confirm if it would be good decision.

I understand there are some benefits of buying already built house but looking at the pros and cons, it is better to do it yourself.

Designers and builders suggest you to build your dream house. Fact is that you can also buy a built house and by little renovations you can make it as per your needs.

Pretty clear in my eyes, nothing like building your own

Where do you want to live AR Naqvi ?

I think there can be middle way, depending upon the location. Some area has established builders and one can take risk.

One can find owner built house too.

Another thing is that 1 Kanal house can be surely of your taste but 10 Marla houses has very little design variation capability. Most are model houses in my view.

@B.R Malik

I have decided about the city (Islamabad) but finding it tough to decide where in Islamabad or BT/DHA that seem to be outside Islamabad.

And size ?

1 to 2 kanal

If you want secure and free of electricity issues, go with BT

Naqvi sb,

In my opinion you should go to one of CDA islamabad sector like G-8,G-9,G-10 or F-7,F-8 and F-10. These sectors are old but they are the heart of Islamabad. If some one can afford 1-2 Kanal house in Islamabad he can buy 01 lac best Generator for Load shedding problem. Bahria town far way from real Islamabad.

2nd thing i would recommend you to buy old house . The old houses are still very strong compare to new one due purity of material. If you have experience of construction then you can build house on demolish able house. If you don't have experience of construction i bet you almost 99% contractors do cheat.

Remember simple rule of buying property, Location,location and location.

BT/DHA can never reach to prices of above sectors which i mentioned.

OK.

How practical it is to commute daily to Islamabad from BT for work?

Can be done but It will be quite hectic. People are doing it for their family’s safety and peace of mind.

If you want to be closer to Islamabad and still have all bahria-level facilities then consider Bahria enclave. There are possession areas where you can build right away and live too but may be not tons of people living around you very soon

Yes, BE is another option to consider.

AR Naqvi. 1 or two kanal is a decent size. You should build your own house. My point was that 10 Marla houses has very little to offer for anyone's peculiar taste or need.

If you have good fiends who can guide you in construction, than you can do it. Buy a pair plot. Have a good architect. I can also give some numbers when you need it. Than hire labor contractor for grey structure. One can find links.

Last stage is of finishing where you or your family should spare some time to have a lot of input.

I would recommend Bahria Enclave sector C golden area. Very close to A sector. You might get 1 kanal for 13 Million easily. Headstart school is close to Enclave and Beaconhouse is also starting from 2016.

A R Naqvi,

I would suggest you don't buy any plot or house straight away. If you are out of country from long time, Then rent a house for few months in Islamabad.By this you can get idea of market.

Now a days market is dead as far as property concern.By renting house you will get an idea which place suit for you to live in Islamabad.

I know there is no load shedding of electricity in BT. But there is no guarantee for water and Gas load shedding in BT.

Over all Islamabad much more safe than other cities of Pakistan.

In my opinion you should go in CDA sectors like F-7,F-8 or G-8,G-9 or G-10. In F sectors one kanal house b/w 60-80 Millions PKR depending on location and in G-sector 14 marla (old ) house b/w 30-35 Millions PKR.These sectors are the heart of Pakistan.

Believe me BT,DHA and Multi can never reach in price to above CDA sectors due to their location.