Can an overseas pakistani buy a house in lahore

Hello

I have a quick question, being an overseas pakistani having had the pakistani nationality but now residing in the uk permanently as a citizen, i've plans to buy a house in eme dha lahore.

Would anyone please advise the process and also as a non-filer in pakistan, can i buy and is there any extra tax payable on the transaction.

A step by step guideline would be appreciated.

Thank you

Avais

Avais, regarding non-filer restriction, I have just posted on another thread, hopefully that will help you as well;

"persons holding a Pakistan origin card or a national identity card for overseas Pakistanis who are able to produce a certificate from a scheduled bank verifying receipt of foreign exchange remitted from outside Pakistan through normal banking channels during a period of sixty days prior to the date of registering, recording or attesting transfer of immovable property valuing above Rs 5 million."

I couldn't locate the SRO, but here is the news item. Hope this will help. So don't count on it if you've sent money from non-baking channels, or want to mobilize the money already in Pakistan, then this exemption may not apply. So check with FBR.

https://fp.brecorder.com/2018/10/20181025418537/

Note, upto 10m PKR per annum remitted to Pakistan through normal banking channels is 100% tax free. If the amount exceeds the limit, FBR will also probe it.