Commercial investment advise in islamabad/rwp

Hello forum experts,

I am overseas pakistani & looking to invest around 15, 16 million in commercial sector.

I have researched allot on zameen.Com about available options which helped but still confused on where to invest.
My personal idea is to have independent unit (e.G. Commercial plot) where i can go for construction later and avail rental income.

1. Which areas can give long term return on investment? Bt, b-17, dha or any new sector under development? I would prefer an option where plenty of juice left for return. (i like the way real estate people use the term juice)
Here the problem is if you talk to an agent he will prefer to invest in the areas where he is currently dealing. An unbiased answer will be very helpful. I am already a victim due to this.

2. Should i consider the options where possession is already available or go for buying file(s). An option which has balanced risk/return factor will be more helpful.

3. Do you recommend to go for installment options? I will be able to have above budget as down-payment and can afford 2 million per qtr. (alhamdolillah)

4. Again, keeping above budget in mind, what is good type of property to invest from options like shop, office, commercial land, or any other option?

5. Is it right time to invest (may-20) in real estate? Keeping in mind pandemic and $/pkr fluctuation. Currently i hold the money in usd account.

6. Based on current affairs, is there any good option available or being in-progress specific to overseas pakistanis from govt?

7. Does zameen.Com or anyone can provide advisory role for investment (un-biased)

Appreciate your expert opinion on above questions and i hope answer of these will also be helpful for others who are in the same boat like me.

I will be happy to provide more details in case it can help in the advise.

Regards
Naeem

Capital smart city may be one of the best choices available at the moment for commercial plots investment

Adding to what Ammar sb has written

- CDA Markaz commercial has been, is, and will be best in terms of %age of ROI. Even small shops return better rental yield and are easy to sell. There could be many options but for now probably something in I-14 or the new blue area (this one may need take time as it is pre-auctioning phase). Once auctioned, development will be fast. Rest the G and I sectors commercial are proven options with projects here and there but need someone with better know how to guide.

- Private or cooperative housing societies can be attractive but majority of the time they run a risk of commercial overs supply and devaluation. Having said that, perhaps Gulberg Residencia commercial could be attractive as soon as population grows around. Rest there could be too many options that seem attractive like Top City or alike around new airport but at this stage its an anticipation as economic conditions not favouring too much.

- Invest only in commercial, on which at-least work ongoing. Donot fall for Pre launch package/offer/deal etc.

- Commercial in open land (non society based) is often ignored but is actually quite attractive but that needs more work on where to buy or how to construct.

** Bottom Line:

- Commercial is super hit where it is centralised around population and and customer foot fall. Like Markaz traditionally in CDA or lets call that CBD, Downtown or City Centre...

- Commercial can be dead flop when its in over supply like mostly happens in private projects. There are many examples time and now and best is not to name them under 'How not to do it examples' :)

------------------

On a similar note, 2020-2021 budget is around so let that happen before any investment that will be better time to judge.

- Any further incentives/taxes/exemptions to already announced construction policy

- The value of PKR against the USD or pegged currencies

@imtiaz,

Thank you very much for your message. It is very helpful.

In my research I found B-17 new block(s) (G) to be relevant but when contacted some agents there I found demand of 6,7 million profit on top of base price within 2 years of launch for 10 Marla where still some installment left. I believe this is too much overrated/hyped and not a good option at this moment of time.

As per your suggestion, I will explore I-14 and New Blue area and keep an eye on recent development in coming 2 months.

Regards

Naeem

For commercials, you have to see the business value and customer traffic in that area. You don't want to invest on a plot that might look cheaper now, but its waiting time is long. It simply dilutes the time-value of money. So, B-17 blk G and Capital Smart both are out for their very long wait time.

Next, you don't want to invest where supply of commercials is higher than demand. And that should take Bahria Town and Bahria Enclave off your list.

My advice would be to visit and research in all areas yourself and then decide. Don't just go on online forum, websites and telephonic consulation with dealers.

Capital Smart City

If you are interested only in commercial plot them i woiuld suggest wait and then buy on cash in proper CDA sector that are fully developed like G sector. If you are interested in other options such as shops flats then fully developed socities or CDA sectors good location shops will do. Bahria town phase 1 to 7 are okay for shops and flats if they are on good location along with cda sectors fully developed but avoid bahria enclave. For plots in areas other then CDA if they are out of budget you can check GT road and private land but that requires more work