Comparison of shops in gulberg greens and residencia

I want to know expert’s opinion about the difference in scope of investment malls/ plazas shops in gulberg green and gulberg residencia. The prices in greens are almost near to double than residencia. Will there be the difference in same ratio for rent ? I mean shops in greens malls on gulberg express way like gulberg mall, arena, sky park 1 & prism heights etc. In comparison with shops in D markaz like D 8 heights, rabi centre & arcadia etc.

GG is like the F sector of CDA (well the image and perception) developed around it. The farm houses and multinationals (now and in future belong to some big guns) and hence Gulberg tries to sell that as premium commercial. This is to be accessed by outside and surrounding populations too when brands come to GG. For now, its in surplus and less population so sort of devalued as of now!

Example of Targeted Customers: Branded Coffee Shops, High-end Restaurants, Branded Clothing etc.

GR commercial, for now is in central D-Markaz, more like G or I sectors of CDA. Its cheaper and will serve the purpose to residential blocks. To me that seems a fair deal, more economical and having population around will make it better ROI.

Example of Targeted Customers: Mid scale eatery shops, small restaurants and tea places, Regular day to day shopping outlets etc.

The ultimate question: Which commercial will have more foot fall of customer and not in surplus compared to population around? For now, GR seems better. Not to say GG is no good but the prices at which it is sold will take some years and dense population around for it to succeed.

Bottomline: For apartment go to GG (ones that are at pre-launch, early stage of construction etc.). For shops, GR may suit better!

Dear Imtiaz Bhai,

Thanks for explaining and making it easy to understand.

As most of these prjects are under construction.

Considering 2-3 years period, at the possession time

What do you expect about the price growth and rent value comparison for both GG vs GR ?

Price growth (on paper) escalates anything from 7000/sq. ft.to 8000/sq. ft bracket for GR, at time of possession. It really depends at what stage one bought. The earlier you buy, the more the risk and most the appreciation!

For GG that has to be from 8000+ to 12000+ on average, depending on location such as Gulberg Expressway, Business Square. However, price on paper and price in market have significant differences.

Apartments can be good to have for personal living and rental yield. Apartments are not good on resale and price appreciation!

Rental value can be expected in range of 0.4 to 0.6+ for furnished and non furnished, provided apartments not in oversupply, i.e. too many units, too less tenants/buyers!

Zubair sb
Thump Rule on commercials:
Commercials always need very thick population all around for better rental or resale, otherwise a long wait and patience is the prerequisite of commercial buying in any society.
I know people who doubled their investments even in ghouri town which is still illegal in CDA office but has thick residencies all the way up to phase-7.
If you have patience, young, kids not in Uni or wedding age, Residentia, as Imtiaz sb said, better as it has mediocre audiences whereas GG has a different class addressees and has potential of it's own, expensive though!

On a similar note: Recently Top City Commercials are having positive vibes and started to get promoted more.

AQ sb any thoughts?

Imtiaz sb
TC, location wise is second to none!
Kashmir highway, motorway, airport, signal free corridor, metro access at B & D blocks, Pindi bypass ....all are flaring ingredients when it comes to top city.
But I think, I hope I am wrong, TC has got expensive out of proportion and might need correction!
One Kanal has reached to more than a crore is not justified per on ground residency ratio! Not at all.
Underdeveloped blocks such as G and other few ones may give some juice but I will not go for the developed ones!
As for commercials based on residency factor, "honnooz dili very very door ust".
I will not go for the commercials even developed but for a projection of at least 5-7 years, it is good idea to buy now.
For long term TC, Gundhara, Mumtaz all sister societies in zone 2 are good but wait will be at least 10 years b4 they come on par with existing BTs and DHA's on ground status and from that aspect, I would side for DHA-5, Bahria phase-8, Emaar/DHA JVs, DHA-3 and other secondary status townships on Islamabad highway.
I can safely include now Zaraj as well.

Thanks AQ sb!

There was land ownership issues and the owner was arrested I guess back in 2017 and it was darkest time for TC investors ... Has that stuff being settled?

Thanks AQ sb!

There was land ownership issues and the owner was arrested I guess back in 2017 and it was darkest time for TC investors ... has that stuff being settled?

Imtiaz sb
Every dealer is saying it did settle.
I do not know legally it is concluded or not but I do know " sub sey barha rupiya"!
Our courts are placed at 118 level per International ranking. Next is self explanatory!
MR's Takht Pari, DHA's Valley fraud, CDA's never ending allowance to Mafia land grabbing, turning all Karachi's parks into plots and China cutting......
All can be managed with our judicial system!
I am sure this Moheez guy will find or has found ways to come in clear.
If not good old decades-long " court stays" are golden gates for our elite class.
Today 25 billion of corruption waived off, depositing ONLY one billion in NAB by culprit and walked out free from the court!
The way big boys announcing heavy investments in TC by starting plazas , tell me that dealers are telling truth.

Thanks Mr. AQ & Mr. Imtiaz for expert guidance.

GR ground floor shops price is in range ~ 25-35K per sq. Ft.

Is best available choice for a period of 3 years or in same price range any other better options available ?

Regarding TC yes, but unfortunately, the shocks and pain along with financial stress is absorbed by common investor with their hard earned money whether that’s a stay or any other litigations like that happened in 2017!

In Bahria Phase 8 commercial area adjacent to statue of liberty called Bussiness District. Few malls/plazas are being launched. The price per sq. Ft. On the ground floor and food court floor is almost same as the projects in Gulberg D markaz.

Which is better out of these both options, considering 2-3 years investment period ?