D12 islamabad - good or bad?

D12 islamabad - good or bad? I am considering an investment in d12 for around pkr 3 crore for a 20 marla plot. Other options are gulberg green farm house for 4 kanal. I personally feel d12 is a good option and i am looking at teh investment from home building point of view.

Are the price tag in d12 reasonable considering the development and the overall sector location? Are the prices expected to remaing stable in the next year or so or are they on the inclice / decline trend? Also what will be the contruction cost on a 20 marla plot (not too lavish , just a decent home)? Is this the right time to buy or shall i wait ?

Any advise from the experts and fellow forum participants is hihgly appreciated

In future, Gulberg greens will be much more peaceful to live than D-12 which will be next to a heavily guarded red-zone. Even moving around in this area will become a headache.

If you are worried about construction cost of a 20 marla plot, then plz forget about a 4 Kanal farm house as construction cost and specially the maintenance cost will be too high.

Beside that factor, There is no match to Zone-1 commute ease compared to Zone 4, Zone 5 societies.

Islamabad Expressway is a nuisance regardless of signal free or not.

So my vote is D-12 anyday for home construction.

This is the same question I have been trying to evaluate and I think it’s a tough decision

Both have their pros and cons biggest for d-12 being CDA name, future Margalla avenue, margalla hills view and no maintenance or living standard, weird access, security etc.

For greens being beautiful and stunning landscape, farm type luxury living, good access

It is very difficult to chose between two

Its all about perspective & preferences

- CDA (brand) but with pathetic development comparative to the bucks being charged.

- Gulberg (no less then a mini city in itself) with facilities superior than majority of CDA.

Respective pros-cons of both are almost well discussed earlier on so many threads.

To me, location, development standard and the size available favors GG Farm House, any day. However, with high-rise (commercial) in close proximity to Farm Houses somehow compromises that feel and privacy of a Farm House. Not a good idea when the guy on 5th floor of his apartment onlooking into your Farm House Lawn ...

True enough plus now a days cheap binoculars are available which can see even a cube of sugar in its fine details even in pitch dark!

This is the very reason, in phase-8 residential arears such as safari valley, the muhalla commercials ONLY two floors allowed to build.

on a lighter side:
If a lady with heavy gold gets spotted, sooner or later there will a knock on the door as a determined bad guy can keep record of the house activity.

So is it D12 or GG experts ?

and are the 20 marla nice location plot at par in price with 4 kanal nice location GG farmhouse?

I think D-12 is much better option for living purpose.GG is also one of good option for investment and for future business.

Regards

I think it depends what kind of living would you want, an open place where you can grow your veggies have few pets and enjoy wind in the eve then go for GG

But if u want a solid CDA plot with margalla hills view then go for d-12

And from pure investment point of view I think both are solid investments and both have juice left

D-12 may be good for investment... But standard of living is worst, broken roads and no commercial, no security and maintenance....

Plot must be infront of margalla hills :)

Hope some d-12 dweller can come here and share his opinion on living standard there

Any one living or have lived in D12 who can share their experience here please?

So no one lives in D12 reading this post?

Having poor infrastructure, single access from main islamabad, water and sanitation issues are the key factors that make D-12 over priced. The prices are already on a higher side there. I dont think any juice left in D-12 for investment purpose now. Comparatively you are getting 4 x times more land in same price tag in Gulberg Green.

But when margalla Avenue gets built it will give huge boost to d-12

Margalla hills is also a plus point

Lot of ppl don’t like highway drive and Faizabad dharna blockade etc

So d-12 is not a bad option

Why is D12 being considered ‘good for investment’ when the prices are very high to begin with? There is no real price appreciation jump coming up, or is there?

Margalla Avenue can be a booster for D12 but it doesnt change the fact that standard of living in d12 is worst.

Broken roads, worst in rainy season ,no security, bad access, average commercials and extremely high prices...

I have a house in D-12 and it is a great place to live, access is easier because of Margalla Avenue, parks everywhere and a future sports complex underway, people are great and it is great for investment as well as living, there is also a night guard which is patrolling at all times and roads have been upgraded and maintained well.