Dha lahore phase 9 file and total price confusion

1. When buying a dha lahore phase 9 file, which sized plot will be a better investment (5,10 or 20 marla) for long term?
  2. I couldn't find proper information on what will be the remaining charges after i buy a file in dha 9 and when would they kick in for all three sizes?
  3. What are the transfer charges?

I would appreciate some expert help.

Phase-9 One Kanal file is better for investment but it depends on ur budget as well.

Transfer charges & agent commission would be approximately 150,000.

After balloting, you have to pay development charges in quarterly installments of three years. Exact amount of development charges would be announced by DHA after balloting. Just for idea, it would be around 15-18 Lcs for One Kanal file.

Thank you Irfan. Would you have an idea about the development charges pertaining to 10 marla and 5 marla plots?

Why is 10marla overvalued in relation to 1kanal? Is it because of less number of plots in this category? Is it likely to remain like this when matured?

You can assume 10-Marla & 5-Marla development charges would be 8-Lacs & 4-Lacs respectively.

Actually, smaller plots are cheaper in price so attract more people to invest in it. People can sell smaller plots easily as compared to bigger plots. The reason I recommended you Kanal file because Kanal plots are standard in DHA & usually located at better places. 10-Marla & 5-Marla plots are located in small pockets mostly near villages.

Normally, Kanal plots prices are 1.6 times higher than 10-Marla plot in the same block/area. Its just approximate figure, it can change based on many factors like location, availability etc. Keeping in mind this figure, yes you can say 10-Marla file is slightly over priced but may they are smaller in numbers and nobody wants to sell them that's why its price is higher.

Thank you very much Irfan. This has cleared it all up for me. I agree with your multiple approximation of 1.6, this is what I was using to learn that 10 marla is slightly overpriced.

Your analysis and recommendation about 1 kanal makes total sense and I hope I have the capability to get that otherwise I will need to suffice with a 10 marla. If I am financially constrained with going for a 10 marla and since two 5 marlas will be in the price proximity of one 10 marla; would you suggest buying two 5s instead of one 10 marla? My holding period will be more than 7 years inshaAllah.

This decision based on your investment purpose whether you want to construct home after 7-years or you want to keep it for your kids. If you want to construct home then go for 10-Marla file & if you want to keep it for your kids then 2-Five Marla files would be preferable.

Thank you Irfan. I live overseas and don’t intend to return anytime soon. Even if I do, my family is based in Islamabad so its not for construction anyway–just as an investment. Can you please help me in quantifying the returns in both strategies of 1x10 or 2x5?

Zubair Brother, I am neither property dealer nor expert. Nobody can give you the exact info about future.

For Investment purpose, 5-Marla would be better. Roughly, 5-Marla plot price should be more than 50-Lacs after 7-years. Its just a wild guess.

The prices of 5-Marla plots in Phase-9 Town is 42-47 Lacs these days depending on location. Its possession is expected in this year. So, you can guess what would be the price of 5-Marla plot in Phase-9 after 7-years.

Brother Irfan, thank you very much for helping me out here. I really appreciate it and may Allah bless you for this.

Thanks brother, please remember me in your prayers

Brother, today my father visited Lahore and saw a dealer with whom we last dealt for a sale deal. He is pushing for dha phase 9 town where possession is expected soon within this year which will give you good profit. I asked him about how does it make any sense in the long run and kept yapping. Although he didn’t make any sense and was probably doing that yo sell his own plot to us or any other motive behind, however he successfully confused me. :slight_smile: I thought of getting some advice. What do you suggest?

Phase-9 Town is good investment for short term gain, its good location plot price would be around 45-Lacs. Why pay such high price if you dont want to construct home? Property dealers sometimes have own motives & they do marketing of different plots accordingly. They are sitting their for own benefits not yours.

You can buy two 5-Marla files in 40-Lacs and wait for 6-7 years. It will give you much better return. This is just my suggestion, no harm in consulting your other friends and family members before finalizing any deal.

Dear Irfan,

Many thanks for your very useful information.

Regards

Thank you Irfan. Excellent advice. I really appreciate it.