Dha Multan vs DHA Gujranwala for Investment

If one has to choose between the two projects for an investment period of two years, which one is a better option. At this time price of 1 kanal file is approximately the same in both projects. The objective is to get maximum returns, and not residence. Thanks.

Dear Kashif Sheikh,

In my opinion Dha Multan is better than Gujranwala.Allah is the best planner and he knows what will be the best for us.

Regards

DHA Multan is the only DHA for whole of South Punjab. DHA Gujranwala has near it 10 phases of DHA Lahore and,3 phases of DHA Islamabad plus many Bahria Town projects in nearby cities.

All cotton wealth class and business class of Multan, DG Khan, Muzaffargarh etc have only DHA Multan to invest their money near home.

That's a fair point Paki-1. Although I have come to know that DHA is also in the early stages of planning a similar project for Bahawalpur. However don't you think that given the very active investment market of Lahore and Islamabad, DHA Gujranwala has a more advantageous location?

I have a feeling, which could be wrong, that many of the investors in the north may not be keen to get involved in the Multan project, leaving it entirely dependent on the well-healed populace of southern Punjab to get a lift. What do you think?

Kashif I have heard some gossip on DHA Bahawalpur too. The point that you're making is valid that DHA Gujranwala is on a better geography with its proximity to lhr and isb but nevertheless like paki1 said, it's gona be shadowed by them too.

Coming to the actual location of the two projects; DHA Multan is gona be at the best urban location of the city, whereas DHA Gujranwala will be in the outskirts, most probably near the existing cantt.

The last thing is land acquisition of DHA Multan has been impressively quick, apparently they have got more than they require for the first phase, 2500+ acres.

And there are news on ground breaking possibly tomorrow, we'll find out but even if not, its gona be soon.

Master planner is hired too i guess.

so DHA Multan is the way to go in my view.

By the way, the price is on the upward trend for DHA Multan. From what i see its gona jump very quickly n very soon.

Thank you MBS for that insight. Yes I know prices have started moving up, that is why I am trying to make a quick decision. You are right that in terms of overall project implementation, DHA Multan is ahead of Gujranwala. With the recently opened new airport, Multan is likely to become more integrated with more regular flights.

Gujranwala project does have one advantage for small investors, as it also offers 10 marla plots and I believe there is an installment option also, although that costs a lot more.

My question is are there any open files also available or only transferable ones? Thanks!

How it works is, you book a file thru an authorized dealer. They submit the 'affidavit' that they had received against land submission to dha.

DHA then issues an intimation letter in your name.

After a week or so, DHA issues the Allocation letter in your name.

If by open files you meant something like bahria, i dont think so. Such open files/affidavits are there but with the firms that had MoU with DHA for land acquisition. And even if you get a blank affidavit, my suggestion would be to bear the 55000 extra but get the allocation letter from DHA.

My vote goes for DHA Multan. I have head that there are certain litigation problems with DHA Gujranwala. Though these problems will be settled with the passage of time but why not to go for a safe project right from the outset..

Regards.

Is it necessary to go to Multan to buy these files? How would you compare DHA Multan with DHA 9 Lahore for investment purposes?

Thanks MBS for that useful info. It seems its time to declare "Hum to hain dewane Multan ke!" :)

I spoke to a dealer through an acquaintance today. He is offering 1 kanal file @ Rs 28.25 lakhs final. Is that a fair price? Or can I try to bring him down to something around 27? Also the dealer is giving me assurance that this file will be in Phase-I. Can he do that, I mean how does he know without allocation/ balloting?

Hahaa... And Jamini hont...

the price is good. A genuine dealer would know if it will come in phase 1 or not. For reference, these are the mouzas that fall in dha notified area.

Complete Mouza Rai Pur, Sangi and Garh-e-Wahan.

Partially Mouza Madina, Noudhand, Gith Brabar, Basti Ratta, Panjkuha, Kotla Sadat.

The name of the mouza the file belongs to will be mentioned on the intimation letter.

I reiterate, ask him that u want to have the allocation file in ur name.

Thanks MBS! Will do that. I will try to at least seal the deal today. Lets hope it works out IA.

@BlueDoctor. Thank you for informing. I was not aware of the legal issues. Maybe that's why that project is moving slower.

I think one can wait for proper launch for the ordinary public as i am hearing the price of one kanal would be around 40 lakhs and that too in instalment.

If you take current file price and add development charges of 12 Lacs(approx), you arrive at same number.

Secondly, army officers would start receiving certificates in June,2015............that will be another options and pretty fair transfers . Just my thoughts