DHA Phase 2 Extension At 13 Lakhs - To Buy Or Not?

What is the expert opinion on buying a 1 kanal file in DHA phase 2 ext.

The files were down to 6.5 lakhs and are now trading at double that level.

Should i wait, is it likely that they will collapse, or is it still ok at this price - for the longer term?

What’s the lowest the file can go, foreseeably?

Sir in my view point it will not going to depreciate at all as property is very expensive all over good places.it is a good investment for long term…rest ALLAH knows better.

Saadi bhai,

My opinion is that this bubble will burst and not too many months from now. All bubbles burst no matter how much we try to justify why "this time is different". And I think these files etc. May suffer more than even under-developed plots?

Sir actually until dollar does not become stable and industry does not get functional this increase will prevail…not property but every commodity is rising day by day due to dollar…

I agree with Saadi that prices are not going depreciate hugely. Regards

Ihsan, Do you agree with SAADI that Phase 2 ext at this price is a safe buy?

To ma a Kanal file at this rate in DHA is not a bad investment either but would require some waiting time for good return. Thanks

This is a good question dawood, I asked a similar one last week but only got a couple of responses.

Bahria phse 8 ext and dha 2 ext are similar prices - which would be better and why?

my concern of dha made a shambles of dha valley, where they have killed a lot of confidence from the investors there which is a shame considering they have excellent development standards from hrl. I know this is a long term investment, however, I don't want to pay over the odds and realise same thing with valley of making loss due to not giving possession on time and demanding ridiculous development fees!

I hope everyone is enjoying eid?!

Sheikh Abdul Sb, I have also last month bought plots in DHA Valley - the initial blocks, they have fallen into minus, I paid plus - but I don’t mind that much as I bought knowing that this might happen and with a view to keep them in the locker for at least 5 years.

Also the price is 13 + development charges of 15, that are due only on demand I have heard.

Dear dawood saab, there was a price hike inflation in the majority of Islamabad last month so I would not be surprised if prices have fallen a little bit. Valley was always a long term investment especially investing now, you are likely to see some decent profit when possession is given in 5+ years. Since you know to keep in the locker for more than 5 years, I don't see a problem! as long as you have the patience as I know a lot of people didn't hence sold at a loss! until possession is not given, then prices will increase and decrease!

so prices are 13 lakhs and development charges are 15 lakhs? surely that cant be right can it?

Yes, the price of the file is 13 lakhs (originally sold for 40 lakhs) and development charges are 14.75 on top.

So have they requested development charges to paid or can you pay whenever until development starts? have they set a deadline for development charges to be paid? what are options of instalments for development charges as they seem to be more than the cost of plot? have they started development there yet? if so, what is the current status?

I hope someone else can enlighten.

My impression is that they have not started development there and you will only have to pay development charges when they demand it - and that will be over 3 year installments.

Hopefully others can clarify.

I hope your right as the development charges seems to be more expensive than the plot and yet I hope they don't do like valley and just take development fees and not give possession.

didn't you find this out when you went to the estate agents?

thank you for your input dawood saab.

That is what the agent told me, but I need to verify it with another. I am sure about the development charges amount but not about the schedule.

Is that the going rate then 13 lakhs? would it possible to buy any cheaper? as are there any older files that can be purchased slightly cheaper around 10 lakhs?

Respected readers ..aoa..and happy eid

am neither an expert nor i claim, rather i get guidance from ppl like u all ..anyhow, i would like to share my view point.. I got the open file of DHA almost 4 years back at 15 lac, knowing well that its a long term investment..remind u that people bought files at 30 to 40 lac that time..prices went down to 7- 8 lac till last year, but gradually the prices have improved to 13- 14 lac, and keeping in view the trend they ill go up IN SHA ALLAH due to fol reasons:

1. DHA is planing to issue a new map of phase 2 ext soon( exact date not confirmed)

2. DHA phase 2 is about to see its completion by mid next year and phase 2 ext is likely to see the start of development work by mid next year IN SHA ALLAH

1. With 13 to 14 lac file plus 14.6 lac development charges , 1 kanal plot in DHA will cost 29 to 30 lac, when fully developed (3- 5 yearst) the plot price will not be less than 50 to 60 lac, like any other sectors of DHA
    2. DHA phase 2 extension is likely to flourish due to reliable investments of EMAAR etc.

So my humble view point, its good investment,, Rest ALLAH ALMIGHTY always KNOW BETTER.

Regards.

Thank you for your views - this is very helpful.