Extra Land Charges - DHA Islamabad?

Could somebody share how DHA Islamabad determine charges for extra land. I am told there are categories e.g. A,B,C,D a being highest. My question are:

1. Is it negotiated transaction or we just have to accept what DHA decides?

2. Is there any document which spells out the frame work by which DHA calculate the charges?

Regards,

Naveed

1. No Negotiations. You take it or leave whatever DHA asks.

2. I've heard (from a rather credible source) that DHA measures the extra land charges as per the going rate per Marla, and unless you're a retired general at least, you pay.

A being the highest the type where you can construct over the extra land.

@Harris, i find the satire funny, retired general… a retired general can do a lot more than getting some meager privileges from the armed forces’ housing society…

Also, if anyone know extra land charges in Bahria Enclave please share, thanks.

@ Samra … Believe me they don’t even leave these meagre privileges…:stuck_out_tongue:

It depends, when you take the physical possession of the plot.

For measuring extra land charges, they have different rates.

My plot has extra land and I don’t want to construct over that land rather keep it as lawn. But I am told unofficially that I will have to pay as per market rate otherwise dha will develop another plot.I heard DHA bring by laws(not published for general public) on frequent basis for reasons best known to them.

@ naveed sb…Sir better consult dha instead of relying on rumors…Extra land cannot be converted to plot like this…

Saad,i can quote many instances where DHA offered extra land to adjoining plot owner on exuberant price and then upon failure on part of owner for any reason created extra plot, even on 9 marlas odd looking shapes.Nevertheless my concern is they should have fair framework for everybody and by laws must be made public. By doing so they can avoid eobi like scams and freezing of dha accounts by court. One can visit dha 1 f sector where generals are occupying 6 kanals plots by paying for one kanal and rest on token extra land charges. Little bit transparency won’t hurt any one?

@ naveed…I want to know those instances…I have extensive research on dha 2…Odd shaped plots are only there where there was not much land left…Otherwise 95% plots are properly shaped and are of 1 kanal…How can there be a 1 kanal extra land with a plot?? There are no 9 marla plots in dha for your info…Out of 11000 thousands plot in dha 2,there are only 350 of the size of 10 marlas and that too with the proper dimensions…Only 1 to 2% plots among those 10 marlas will be odd shaped and that also due to issues like village boundary etc…Obviously dha is made for to accommodate armed forces officers so they will have these privileges…Btw 6 kanal extra land???Aren’t you exaggerating??You will not find any 10 marla plot in 1 kanal row so how they can create a 9 marla plot in 1 kanal lane??There are limited rows of 10 marla and that too with the complete cutting of 10 marlas…

Plz read my post carefully Saad (wasnt discussing DHA 2), Go to DHA 1 sector F 1500,1400 upper streets plots AND PLS DO SHARE HOW MUCH EXTRA LAND IS THERE and and who lives on those houses. Pls also go to plot 6,street 14,dha 1. You find ‘samaso’ shape 9 marla plot recently created along side proper 1 kanal plot and that too in all kanal lane.