Flats in i/16-3 for investment and rental

I need to ask the learned members of this forum what they think about investment in i/16-3 flats. Is it a good investment for value appreciation in one year and what are the prospects of a good rental value in a year’s time from now. Hopefully possession in one year will be given. Appreciate your valuable input. Nasir sb seems having good knowledge about the i sectors, would appreciate insight of nasir sb very much in this case.

No in isb/rwp flats don’t appreciate quickly compared to plots. Check the prices of PHA flats in G-11, I-11 and I-12. I-11 c category flat price was around 33-35 lac when the I-11 25x40 price was around 40 lac. Now the plot prices have increased to 80+ lac but the flat prices are around maximum 40 lac. Also for rentals, in I-16 right now no one will take those flats for rent. Even in I-14/1 and 2 its very difficult to rent out a house. So my suggestion is to invest in Plots, but if you want to get some rents under some budget than find some low budget registry house on lehtrar road. It will give you rent and it will appreciate better than the I-16 flats.

Dear members,

I think the timing is important here. One should buy the flat and right after when the possession is announced get a reasonable jump and exit the project by considering a plot investment in the same sector.

In the long run flats are not lucrative specially in I 16 belt.

Khalid sb is right.

Basically apartment become liability right after a couple instances of renting & vacating.

Most of the time, drains from roof from upper story and general degradation of the whole building.

Even in DHA-2, initially towers were looking nice and esthetics but now several of them look deteriorated.

Hamad brother, the Gurus here are right!

Just to add my least bit of insights on this.

-- In Punjab all across, apartment-based investments are never for the sake of appreciation but at max a personal residence (1 - 2 bed) on installments in about same price like a plot (5 - 10 Marla). In KHI equation is different. These apartments are attractive and sell on profit.

-- Furnished apartments (bought at half price) at good location can yield same return to that of a house (double the price). In almost 99% cases forget about selling an apartment on lumpsum at profit and even break even can be considered as good.

-- Apartment projects have been attractive in G-sectors but again for rent out or personal living.

-- Generally apartments of size around 500 - 600 sq.ft. (1 - 2 bed) within 40 lakh bracket are better than larger size.

PHA Apartments:
-- Cost effective and help those low income families to save paying out rents.

-- The problem is they build too many unit so even before delivery they get in surplus.

-- I-12 apartments can be much better than I-16 due to location but still should be preference 2 after plot.

-- For me, best time to earn from apartments is to book at pre-launch, pay miniml amount and exit just before official launch, if someone still wanna make money out of apartments.

=====
Players like Air BnB entering PAK market may make apartments more attrcative.