Future of bahria enclave

Whats the future for bahria enclave? Is it wise to invest in it and if yes, then which sectors/plot size

In current circumstances better to avoid investing in Bahria. This is my personal opinion and I decided this for myself. Good luck

Bahria enclave is unique society in term of location,atmosphere and hilly valley.There is a huge investment present in commercial and residential projects.According to my point of view it will show very good performance in upcoming 2 to 3 years.

Mujeeb bro, i agree. People are playing little conscious regarding bahria properties but probably, a small portion of bahria enclave has issues and rest is ok… It is likely that it will prosper with time due its peculiar features

This is the problem with One Man Show projects. None of us could imagine what’s going on with Malik Riaz and BT. 73 houses and plazas bulldozed in BT Lahore, and MR will have to pay billions to the govt. Of course, BE is a superb location, but what if there is no one to handle and undertake the development work and lead the project? 1200 kanal has been freed from BE by CDA. Who knows what’s next?

Muhammad sb.
There is another way to look at it:
Having more than 20,000 employees, BT is likely to stay.
BT does have ex military talent pool at higher benches and they would like to keep the golden egg laying fat hen, one way or another.
Regarding land grabbing, who else is clear?
Be it DHA, TC, The noon's fame societies, Gulberg....you name it, I got it.
0nce Habib bank was one man show, most recent example, MCB belongs to one man and he is also under fire!
BT Pindi will be taken over by DHA, already has gone good part of it. Cantt is another candidate if BT goes bank currupcy!
No one would come and take roads and already done development from BTs.
People will form a co-op setup, there will be hanky phanky but it will stay, at least at Westridge or settelite town upkeep standard.

I don’t think any maee ka laal Shut down or take over Bahria projects, MR is just too powerful to be taken down yet in our country

@YC sb.

MR could not have more then three: Killing, money, contacts!

Nawaz and Zardari exactly the same. Did anyone think Nawaz would go jail?

There is always first time.

I am talking the worst case and you are right MR will succeed through, if SC fails to do the justice.
But already 1000s of Kanals have been reclaimed and so much have been de-molished which was even hard to think by the state in past.

Yes AQ sb was just being sarcastic, hope MR pays for his sins

Sir, with due respect, the real test case for SC involving MR & BT was in KHI. That was as mega corruption, as one can imagine. SC let him go with a mere slap on the wrist - with joke of a decision. Thousand of Acres of land at prime location was handed to BT in a plate by Govt. in exchange for some barren trash land in the middle of no where!

Also, DHA in KHI, PES, LHR is no different!

Here are a few glimpses of that corruption:

-------------------------

Source: https://www.dawn.com/news/1432621

"Around 9,385 acres of land in 43 Dehs was consolidated by the MDA and handed over to the Bahria Town Karachi in 2015. The purpose was to build a private housing society at a 25-minute drive from the Jinnah International Airport and nine kilometres from the Karachi toll plaza on the Superhighway."

"Mr Zafar, the defence counsel, argued that the MDA had transferred 7,068-acre land to the Bahria Town Karachi for the development of a housing scheme in exchange for land of an equal size. The value of the land provided by the MDA to the Bahria Town Karachi was Rs6.2 billion but the land that was given by the Bahria Town Karachi to the MDA in exchange was valued at Rs5.8 billion. Of this, he added, Rs240 million had been paid whereas Rs20 million was still in balance"

-------------------------

Afterwards, all whatever happens is a Tom & Jerry show to keep the folks enjoying the show and believing that something of a change will happen with the powerful brought under accountability. Unfortunately, that sort of change deosn't seem to be on the horizon, as yet!!

Unfortunately, I don't see the current NAB, SC to have any strength in standing up against these mega crooks. SC is still unable to have a single suo-motto on the Scam of Supreme Court Housing Societies where people have their money sunk and some of the business to setup that society was even conducted from within an office inside SC.

On a similar note, talking about rule of law:

In not so distant past, a so called religious scholar openly abused the SC and judges with some quite derogatory remarks. SC issued him contempt notices but the guy said, he is not gonna come to the court, go ahead and do whatever you want to. Case dismissed! How can MR or for that sake any mega corrupt can be brought to justice...

Politics-driven, manipulated and selective decisions are best that can be done by them, for now.

Friends, prices of DHA and BT are almost the same, then why going for BT. Dont think for few years, but for atleast 20/30 years, for your kids. I will never recommend for BT but only DHA. If you have good money, go for DHA 2, or least DHA 5. That it. Off course, if you have less money then that, you can go for other societies but if you have resources, make it to DHA.

Sadly!

Imtiaz Sb is right.

Any system, good or bad, once pillars have been set, it is difficult to change!

SC alone cannot accomplish anything big unless state machinery go through a fundamental change in thinking paradigm , which is not possible as both PPP and Noon secured their vested interests deep inside all state entities.
It is impossible for Imran, SC and NAB to sack 50% of the currucurrupt lot sitting at higher benches.
Even in NAB, these people exist!

Choosing either BT or DHA can be a personal preference. To my surprise in Islamabad BT gets a slight edge on pricing over DHA.

Islamabad - All Phases of DHA vs All Phases of BT + BE (Plot/Land Only)

- All Phases of DHA (avg. price of land/sq.ft) = PKR 3525/Sq.Ft. approx.

- All Phases of BT + BE (avg. price of land/sq.ft) = PKR 3765/ Sq.Ft. approx.

On average BT ISB is approximately PKR 240/sq. ft. expensive than DHA ISB.

All Phases of DHA vs All Phases of BT + BE (10 M house)

- All Phases of DHA (avg. price of 10 M house) = PKR 19 million approx.

- BT = No Data Available (for average pricing)

"If you have good money, go for DHA 2, or least DHA 5. That it."

-- Well that can be a purely personal choice and must be respected. Its a human nature, when we have some investment and interests in a particular entity, our arguments gets biased and tilted towards our preferences, often compromising the neutrality on public forums. I had some investment in BT but sold off back in 2015 - I am trying my best to interpret it neutrally.

BT & DHA both have established themselves as big brands. However, to me many a times BT beats DHA on. An answer on 'why BTs'

- Location (in many cases)
- Pricing (You can buy a possession plot in 1.9 million in Phase-8), something for everyone!
- Likes of BE enjoy a much better locality than any of the DHAs could ever come across, as of now.

yes, BT is a one man show as far as documentation is concerned. However, even in smallest of private limited companies there are investors and it's those investors who dictate the business terms. None of BT or DHA are govt. owned or co-operative housing societies as both are private one under then name of Bahria Town and other under Defense Housing.

Yes, there are many factors that may give DHA edge on BT, for example:

- The bank wouldn't provide you loan against your property documents of BT, as of now.

As I said earlier, its a matter of personal preferences. I do stand corrected, in case I may have missed any vital information.

" Dont think for few years, but for atleast 20/30 years, for your kids"

If its a 20+ years game, BT & DHA cant beat CDA. I conclude with an interesting news at link below.

https://www.bbc.com/urdu/pakistan-42451876

اسلام آباد کے مہنگے ترین علاقے سیکٹر ای 7 میں دو کنال کا پلاٹ انہوں نے 33 برس قبل 48 ہزار روپے میں خریدا تھا۔ ان کے مطابق اب اس کی قیمت 20 سے 25 کروڑ روپے کے لگ بھگ ہے۔

There seems confusion when people ask/reply about buying/selling/holding property!

There are 3 distinct buyers profiles in buying property:

*Some people want to have a place where they live with the best facilities money can buy. These people do not give much thought of later selling.

some buyers want to buy only for earning profit, they would see future trends, transient appreciation ,they sell and buy at diffent place for the same intention.

** Other want a place where both living standard plus appreciation could be expected.

No doubt CDA is best as no chance of loss but for Nice living and civic amenities, CDA is no match to DHA/BT.

For example just think of a single family walk in G-series CDA sectors post midnight?

In DHA/BT , it is considered as norm.
When we talk of CDA, there is CDA for ultra rich and there is CDA for well to do investors: for later class, comparison to other societies becomes a very different topic.
Drinking water, safety, trash collection...a long list can be produced when it comes placing CDA life beside DHA/BT.

The original post was mainly a comparison between DHA vs BT. CDA only came in at the very last, not for the sake of comparison but regarding an answer to 20/30 years wait thing.

There is no doubt that lifestyle etc. But that comes on a monthly payments under civic amenities & maintenance. CDA standard not match-able to BT/DHA for sure but to travel to many of BTs/DHAs can be torture if done more frequently in even an average traffic. Moreover, BT/DHA can put you in a litigation even after the plot allotted and as recently even the constructed units.

Thanx all for the honest opinions. Actually, the post was to get the wisdom on whether to invest at this time in bahria enclave or not? The querry is in light of ongoing case of BT in supreme court.

Yes Imtiaz Sb.

As I said before, one of the main attractions of capital is public transport and federal schools/Unis.

Regarding taxes/maintenance, I think few 1000s must not hurt for the services offered in DHA/BT.

Plus in DHA/BT, no govt taxes whereas in CDA there are property taxes which almost break even with DHA/BT.

But being capital, Islamabad will have an edge even with poor upkeep!

Dear friends.

I have a corner 12 Marla house in Bahria Enclave Sector A, with gas, 02 gates with 04 cars parking and 03 Marla extra land. I want to sell it. If someone is interested with a genuine price, Pl speak with me. It is going to sell it on market price value and not on investors price.

I am not a realtor nor businessman. And also I am not selling it for reasons as discussed in earlier threads. To me BE has a great future and it is going to flourish. I am selling as I am thinking of settling in Lahore.
I am reachable on 03315553331.

Best Regards