Guidance needed

Which place is better in budget 4-5m for buying plot for house construction and for investment:
I-12
Top city
D-18.

Thank you for replying.

I-12 for sure

Thank you for reply. Is there any chance of i-12 development? other two (top city & D-18) are developed.

I-12, for sure, if one could wait for min 3+ to 5 yrs frame…

I have seen Top City. It was looking good as possession 10 marla was in the range 4-5M... In its equal range in I-12 would be 5 marla.

Would top city not get any advantage due to airport? moreover how is I-12 in comparison with I-16 or any other good option in zone-2?

Top City benefited most from the combination of New Airport + Kashmir Highway. It will benefit further for sure but there are some litigations too. The issues with such societies and 1 man show can be uncertainity. You never know how water, security, utilities will be properly managed once getting populated.

I-12 location wise is much better with CDA tag of I-series. However, CDA being dead slow makes it a long term venture to he properly materialised.

I-12 has much better location then I-16 but I-16 fully developed and constructions in progress. For now, until I-12 development starts properly, I-16 could perform better and more secure with possession plot ready to construct. The day CDA starts proper sector level development I-12 will be prime example of fast rise!!

Thank you for your reply. what are actual rates in I-12? Another option that dealers suggested is e-12. What experts here say about investment in a small plot e-12…

E-12 has long been neglected and recently CDA started to reclaim it's land for development. If development starts, price will rise as E-11 is developed and a very good option but expensive. I-12, I-15, E-11 will see a rise in near future. End buyers can consider I-12 as best. I-15 for long term with good short term gains (if CDA starts work as promised). E-12 quite long term from now, no time frame in sight.

I-12, depending on location could be around 4 million tag for 5 Marla.

Thank you imtiaz Sahib.You write with accuracy. I shortlist I-16 & I-12 options. Another option is c-15. I get a sense that prices are generally going down. Am I correct?

Prices are stagnant (minor increases) post June 2018. When measured in USD, the investment yield is negative. For example in I-16 a typical plot at 3.5 million last year is now trading at 3.7 to 3.8 million. Smaller projects, 5 Marla for 1.5 to 2.0 million are doing comparatively better (approved projects).

With CDA, never take any bets they are dead slow and make one suffer. CDA property can be like the rice, the older it gets, the finer it becomes. Try to buy possession, at the end risk free and if one could hold up it can prove best. My pick, for now is CDA I-16, I-12, I-15.

Apart from CDA, Gulberg Residencia doing quite well.

What about enclave? Is it advisable for own house construction and access?

Yes for sure, construction and quality living. Access is not ideal but still way better then any of the BTs & DHAs. Access will further improve due to a combined factor of Park Enclave, Park View, BE, Islamabad Model Town (all solid projects) adjacent to each other.

People naive about DHA & Bahria can only talk such nonsense .Either they are not familiar about Dha (phase 1 ,2 ,5)and Bahria precisely Phase 7/8 standards or they cannot afford to enter such societies . Writing such statement only reflects there level and standards.on this forum try to follow or ask comments and observations from experienced and real investors Like Abdul Qayuum sahab , Nadeem sb .

Thanks Riaz sb for good words.
I am only student on this forum, Nadeem bhai and other respected members are my mentors.
I normally receive emails and get surprised that some expats even do not know where is the society!
It becomes our duty to assist them at the best of our knowledge.
To me even you give a smile to a needy one, you are earning Sadqa e Jaria.
And if someone develops upon your assistance , you keep getting Sadqa e Jaria in parallel to his/her ongoing development and success and that may extend to generations.

Apologies, in advance, I am not here to massage some non-sensed ego of any BT/DHA/etc. Tout. Here just to answer what has been asked! If someone asks about Enclave, I am not obliged to sell Phase 7/8, DHA chouran and vice versa. For the record, I own a few bits in Safari 1 (BT), nothing in Enclave but that shouldn't turn me into a tout of where my investment is. If neutrality is naiveness, I would prefer that a 1000 times then to be some paid cheerleader of any particular project.

I invite to read again:

Question: "What about enclave? Is it advisable for own house construction and access?"

Answer: "Yes for sure, construction and quality living. Access is not ideal but still way better then any of the BTs & DHAs."

------
Read that again for your sorry self.

Fact 1: Enclave is also Bahria.
Fact 2: Access is not Ideal but way better getting from Zaro-point/Faizabad (Intercity Access Benchmarks) to BE then any of the BTs & DHAs. Travel some day for much needed enlightenment.

I could understand, a neutral view doesn't go well with touts selling particular stuff. However, to read, understand and then troll can save one later embarrassment (friendly advise).

Im still undecided. Shortlisted options are i-16, i-11 and i-12 in budget around 5M. Please guide in these options for buying purposes and when to buy right now or wait a few months.

Right now:

1. To Buy or not to...
- In terms of investment only good, if holding power is 3+ yrs from now. Hoping things start to improve but those 3 yrs may not see much growth on RE investment. If one has foreign Cash reserves, then maintaining that reserve is more viabable and better. Dec 2019 will somehow setup the fate for USD-PKR Parity.

- If one has cash in PKR and wants to own a home, getting rid of rentals, then yes, now is right time to buy.

2. I-12 or I-16

I-12:
If you can live up with CDA promised and can wait 5+ yrs, go for I-12. Location is outstanding and very accessible.

I-16:
If you want a developed sector, ready to construct and hoping to take off, it's I-16. PHA apartments handover and development work in I-15 (supposed to start this year) will boost I-16 both with construction and for investment, slow but steady growth.

And what about i-11?

I-11, if I am correct, has parts that are litigated and non possessed. Non litigated have higher prices so not much charm. Location is good, development almost 0 even in clear part. At times, it feel if you are sitting right at the edge of Sabzi Mandii & Laari Adda…

As-salamu alaykum Dear Brothers,

Happy Eid Al Adha Mubarak to all forum members.

May you find a million reason to make your life more beautiful on this day.May the joy of Eid be multiplied a thousand times and stay with you forever.

Regards