Guidance required for purchase of house

Salam everyone,

I live overseas and currently planning to move to pakistan in near future. I am looking forward to buying a house in a budget of around 1.5 crores. I have browsed this website and came across different options in this budget. Please note that my preferred size for the house is 8 marla plus.

Seeing that i will be doing a full-time job in islamabad, what do you see as the best options for me in islamabad/rawalpindi. Bahria is one option in my mind, what about other livable as well as accessible (from isb) places like ajk housing, police foundation, pwd etc.

I would be very grateful for your guidance.

Regards,

Sir keeping in consideration your place of work,it is now upto you to have small house like 25x50 5 Marla in the main zone1 or comparatively bigger house in the societies that are a bit far away..In your budget, following are the possible options if you are going for a ready made house.

1-5 marla house in G-10/11/13/14-4 islamabad.

2-Ground Floor Flat in Dha 2 (Askari Apartments) of size 3 or 4 beds whichever suits you.

3-10 marla in socities like PWD, Soan Gardens etc but their living standards are not at par with DHA or Bahria

PS:It is my advise to buy a plot and build a house yourself.I know it is not everyone's cup of tea but if one constructs it at his own, it pays him well in the end.

@man of few words!

Also consider bahria enclave - pay a visit then may decide. Buy plot and build urself or have a look at some projects started by developers in enclave.

Regards.

What's your preference about locality, the quality of facilities, and the type of people who live in that area? Also be advised, some areas of Islamabad have severe water and gas shortage. There are also areas being sold off as "in Islamabad/Rawalpindi", but they are either in disputed fringe localities, or are not in Islamabad/Rawalpindi at all as per government records. If you can, my advice would be to rent out in some specific shortlisted area for a year before investing anything in any locality. Once you are satisfied, only then purchase/build a house.

There are many dealers on this site who would just come up with point blank recommendations in pursuit of their comission (business is down these days, every penny counts). Be careful about advice that you get without solid rationale, and be careful of people who would be after your money, without any concern for your benefits. I know many overseas Pakistanis who have been trapped and conned by well wishers.

Full disclosure : I'm an overseas Pakistani, and not a dealer.

Thank you, brothers.

Brother Bilal, thank you for detailed guidance on these issues.

Based on your experience, can you please suggest some specific areas to stay away (for their fraudulent records, shortage of water problems etc.). Also, can you kindly name some good areas that you would suggest? Thanks in advance.

Regards.

As bilal said better to come here and decide yourself after visiting the places as only you know what is best for you keeoing in view your professional and personal committments.

Yes there are dealer who cna miss guide but 80 % of the people in this forum give you nice advice even if they are dealers.

On your budget location will matter most every location has its on pros and cons and its only you who can decide which one is more important.

At your Budget as mentioned by above members are good but if you go for rawalpindi you have to keep in mind the travelling time each day. But if you want more quality living than the Bahria town is great.

Test

I was also in a same boat where as you stand now few months before.i came from abroad and search societies.after a lot of search i decided to build my house in jinnah garden opposite pwd due to its location.its location is much batter than many other societies near to islamabad and pindi.i met many residents of jinnah garden and asked negative points.they told me that they dont have any proplem in jinnah garden plenty of water there.dont have much electricity problem,dont have gas problem.(plz keep in mind as winter will start gas will disappear from stoves and will come back in end of feb or start of march.but jinnah people are not facing gas problem at all.so i have decided to build my house.

so i started my house in jinnah garden on 35x72 size plot.i did not give my house on thaka instead of this i built house myself and give only labour thaka.i built verry mazboot house with 3 bedrooms,attached bath,loung.drawing room with big size dinning room and porch with 2 cars.

(house is single story) and gray structure is completed.

Now problem is shortage of money . Due to this i can not complete the house.house will take only 12 lax more to complete.

now i have decided to sale out this house and want to build 5 marla house.if any body is interested in buying this house he or she may contact me on 0335 1152272.