Gulberg vs B-17

Considering the almost same price tag for an 8-10 marla plot, which would be a better investment for the foreseeable future to give good returns

Dear Arshad,

In my opinion both are good for investment.

B-17 is one of best project in zone2.In B-17 there is some issues in D block but i am hopeful that Multi will keep care and resolve very soon inshAllah.

Gulberg is also one of best project in zone5.Best for investment because of good location and speedy development.

Regards

Thanks you nadeem bhai. It is easy to highlight areas for investment if one has good funds in B-17 as it has seen both ups and down. I think if one has funds it is better to go to B and C block for investment in the event where the worst happens these blocks with possession will still be safe somewhat.

However, gulberg is a very big project and it is very difficult to decide where to invest also as there is no proper certainty which blocks will get possession soon other than A and B blocks.

B-17 links with MA and Gulberg with islamabad expressway expansion but which one will be completed first and when is a big question mark. Other than that i think gulberg is better in terms of development being speedy and responsive but the area is too large for anything to happen soon enough.

If one has to invest in one which would you recommend and why

Some time zoning does matter i,e Zone II have different attractions people belong to near by native cities likes to invest in zone II. Whereas Zone V with wide open area and close to murree side (pleasant and clean weather).

In B-17, A number of things are uncertain and not worth living till end of blasting, and water supply but good for investment. Investor mafia is very active in B-17, increase of rates never smooth and mainly manipulated with consent of multi management. They damn care about commitments and losing credibility in market.

Gulberg is good in both investment and residential purposes, development going on fast pace and livable in 1-2 year time frame. Some possession due in march 2015. Rate are stable and seen gradual increase 10-20%. Gulberge have more convenient and shorter access to main islamabad/rawalpindi areas.

in personal capacity i am much impressed with gulberg town planing scenic view and pace of work. ( Telenor asia head quarter under construction, Agha khan university campus will build their. Provided land to numerous good private institutions with the commitment to build there campuses and provide some 25-50% discounts to residents)

Nasir thank you for the info. It seems by all means gulberg is much better. Greed never ends and i think it is better to go for something which has a future though returns maybe low rather than going for something fishy in the hope of best returns.

Do you have any idea what were the rates 1-2 years ago of a 10 marla plot near D block markaz and in your humble opinion which blocks would be good for investment i.e. Nearing possession. I am personally interested in F and I block as they are close to markaz and have 10 marla in abundance. A and B are also in the spotlight but the 10 marlas are too far away and scattered.

If you consider gulberg for investment, better choose its A & B blocks for investment, location & ground is better than remaining blocks and also located closer to farm houses and entrance. Apart from this, You can consider O, N, L & V blocks for cheaper options.

Thx Manahil. What are the current rates in A and B block for a 10 marla and 14 marla plots

My vote goes to Gulberg keeping in mind distance to main islamabad and recent uncertainty in B-17

Dear Arshad,

As i told you before B-17 is best project in zone2 but Multi management is not serious in project otherwise B-17 is better than Gulberg.Multi show MA card to investors and forget to show performance in project.Gulberg don't have any MA but show speedy performance at ground.

Gulberg fantastic performance deserved greater reward and Multi is just in discussions but didn't show any performance.

We can vote according to performance.

What Multi done in last two years?

What Gulberg done in last two years?

I think many challenges for Multi so Multi should think for future and show something good to investors and try to save credibility.

Regards

Thx nadeem bhai

Mr. Arshad, you're comparing, this almost same price tag of both societies, one with 3/4 blocks completed with possession and construction and the other is still in phase of development, so, once Gulberg started giving possession and development started then this price tag would not be comparable as per general point of view.

After both societies got fully development then the location and standard of development will matter a lot in pricing.

Indeed you are right Imran Khan but i think B-17 is running low now. The prices have fallen i guess and comparatively some time back prices were higher. I think once a society reach a price tag and even if it falls it will recover and move back to that point.

Has gulberg seen any fall in prices so far anywhere. Yup at the current scenario as you say gulberg without development and possession is somewhat close to B-17 but if things go as they are now i think gulberg should surpass prices of b-17. But location wise i think B-17 has an advantage over gulberg.

again in islamabad location matters a lot than development standards. DHA and bahria vs cda is an example. I think the only question is will gulberg maintain its development pace and standard because it needs to as gulberg is a very large area. B-17 on the other hand is a different case. I think it is their management which needs to be changed as they have nil output and hardcore corruption.

Dear Arshad,

I am totally agree with you that B-17 management which needs to be changed as they have nil output otherwise B-17 is better than Gulberg.

Regards

Yes nadeem bhai you are right b-17 i think has better location and i have also visited in terms of development it is also good but too many uncertainties surrounding it is a big problem. I think for now B-17 is riskier than gulberg as for gulberg it is showing performance like ppl say unless they do some blunder in the future but in current scenario things are in favor of gulberg i think.

Nadeem bhai if we dont compare gulberg with dha2 in terms of prices but with other neighbouring societies like jinnah garden, soan garden are prices same or lower in gulberg for smaller plots

Dear Arshad,

you are absolutely right and your comments are very appreciated.

Regards

Dear Nadeem/Arshad sb,

I think location matter much more than development. Just compare G-15 and B-17 as per development concern, B-17 development much better than G-15 but location of G-15 much better than B-17.

Thats why G-15 prices are still much higher than B-17 because of location.

Zone 2 is Zone 2… Waise to Bahria ki development sab se achi hai… B17 will win from Gulberg easily.

Location/ access and development standard are the most important factors if considering for living. But if considering for pure investment then returns are the most important. On this criteria, B-17 may have edge due to its large dealer network who can manipulate the market almost overnight.

Brothers can anyone tell which is the best block to invest in B-17 and whats the price range in that block. Secondly what was the maximum asking price for that block before we see negative trend.

Also Did we see any negative trend in gulberg so far?

Many thanks

@Awais. But don’t you think this manipulation can be both ways? If they can raise price overnight, they can also down the price very fast. So it would be a case of high risk with high return, where you will have to get your timing right.