House in secure location in Karachi

Please advice.

I've heard that some areas in KDA scheme 1 are very secure and I personally like the KDA scheme location.

Askari IV is my second choice.

Malir Cantt is too far.

Not sure about the Naval Housing in Karsaz. The one in Zamzama has tanker Mafia issue.

What are the current prices in these areas for 200-300 sq yrd old houses?

KDA scheme 1 really one of posh areas in Karachi. I saw in start line of big houses (Pir Pagarah house wali line) here security pretty good so does the prices. But naval housing is more secure and beautiful. Prices I mention in my some previous post check it out. Also about the Askari 4 houses and flats. About Askari 5 you are right its peaceful island surrounded by disturbed areas so what good it is when you have to travel through it every day for job, work or education? Also the prices are ridiculously high. What is your priorities and range so better answer you?

Thanks for your answer KK.

My range is 30 million and I won't mind buying an older house. My priorities (in the order) are as follows:

1- Security 2- Good Schools near by. 3- Reasonable commute to/from city center (Tariq Road/Tower etc).

So what would you suggest?

Setup your own home security systems offered by many agencies in Karachi otherwise security wise naval colony and Askari 4 good. Sure about no water problem in Askari 4 but don't know about Naval Colony. Most suitable areas for you is Tariq Road, PECHS, KMCHS, Bahadurabad and surrounding areas (very near to Tariq Road/Tower). water problem there not much but have problem. Askari 4 cost you 22 to 25 mil for 500 yds and 300-350 yards in Naval Colony. Askari 4 away from your desired areas also one road to Karsaz is open in clash times. Dalmiya road most of time disturbed by Shanti Nagar.

One more area you should consider is opposite of Islamia College and surrounding of Mazar-e-Quaid.There are mostly large houses (very expensive from 100 to 150 mil) but peoples started to divided in small parts and sell it hope you find some in your range.No water problem, better security,right in heart of city both tower and Tariq Road very near to it.

KK, thanks for your detailed answer. Much appreciated.

I do have one comment about hiring security agency. The security agency will only help secure the home and not the neighborhood. The idea is that the family members should be able to move around in the neighborhood without having to worry about Mobile, Jewelry, Wallet...etc. being snatched.

Thanks again mate!

Yes, that’s the problem. Easy way 4 or 5 houses in your lane decided to buy security plan,security agency not only provide discount but also setup parameter in start of lane with guards and barrier (electronic system install individually in every house). Saw such things in Defence only in some part of phase 5 & 6 where whole area security handle by private security agencies with patrolling cars but that’s Karachi. People don’t care who live in your neighbor,co operation on such level in totally alien concept to them. The idea you shared I only saw in Askari & Naval including Zamzama. Not even in KDA Scheme 1. Nearly everybody has guard but no area security. Wish some peoples started in some affordable area of Karachi I will be the first to join such society where members setup their own security parameter. All the best for your search and kindly update us so we can help other peoples better.

How unfortunate, Karachi used to be a city of light and peace.

Karachi was the city of lights but then MQM happened.