How to become a tax filer as overseas pakistani

I want to buy a kanal plot in dha phase 2 islamabad which has fbr value of 51 lakhs.So as a non filer i am barred to purchase. Please guide me how to become a filer as overseas pakistani . The pros and cons of it. And off course i understand i need to declare all the plots and houses i have purchased during my stay abroad .Please guide me.

Mr.Abdul Qayuum sahab and other experts plz shed some info please.

Riayadh sb.

Last week I was in Pakistan and activated my "filer" status for my business requirement.

But I need to declare my assets "next year" as per legal procedure.

My brother took my ID and made me an "active" filer on the telephone line with an income tax acquaintance.

Different people demand different fee but I settled at Rs. 5,000 as one-off fee to the lawyer.

Abdul Qayuum Sir,

Sir did you get NTN number and what documents were required.

And why after next year it will be required to declare assets.

Can you now buy a property more then 50 lakhs.

Please help me to understand.

If you can guide me on whatsapp i will be greatful. 00966532383463 my whatsapp number.

Dear Riadh

I am now at an offshore location. Please contact me on next Saturday in evening on Whatsapp~ 00974-55377971.

Or contact my bro in Pak with my reference at 0092-333-5114619.
Please note that my name is Mohamad Yousef.

1. Restriction of filing has been removed for overseas Pakistanis. So you can buy property over 50 lac without any problem.

2. If you are earning outside Pakistan and paying taxes there, your income is non-taxable in Pakistan.

3. Even than if you chose to file, you can do it yourself online on FBR's website. Simply mention your total income from abroad and claim 100% tax exemption.

4. You will also have to file an asset summary in which you can declare all your assets within Pakistan or abroad.

5. There is no NTN number anymore, everything in FBR has been linked to your NIC number.

6. Keep in mind, in order to become filer in 1 week, you will have to file returns for 2017. Filing only for 2018 will update your status as filer next fiscal year starting after June-2019.

7. If you need any help, technical or legal, you can call FBR Islamabad's number and they have dedicated teams who will assist you anyway possible.

8. Also considering that you are an OP, you don't need a tax lawyer. FBR law team will guide you through it if required. You can reach them over the same phone line for assistance.

JDM Sb.

Many Thanks

Jazak Allah

Thank you Abdul Qayuum Sahab i will contact you InshaAllah for further details.

@ Thanks JDM sir .Very useful information indeed.

Asslam o Allaikum,

Please let me know what are the demerits of become a filer since i am an OP

Regards

If you have Pak CNIC number, and a registered and active phone number, then go to befiler.com and follow the steps…

@Riyadh,

Here is revised rule:

"persons holding a Pakistan origin card or a national identity card for overseas Pakistanis who are able to produce a certificate from a scheduled bank verifying receipt of foreign exchange remitted from outside Pakistan through normal banking channels during a period of sixty days prior to the date of registering, recording or attesting transfer of immovable property valuing above Rs 5 million."

I couldn't locate the SRO, but here is the news item. Hope this will help. So don't count on it if you've sent money from non-baking channels, or want to mobilize the money already in Pakistan, then this exemption may not apply. So check with FBR.

https://fp.brecorder.com/2018/10/20181025418537/