I-14/I-16 Investment

I-14 and I-16 are fully developed sectors of CDA is it good to invest some 3 million rupee there for 3 year time what return can be expected as prices there are already high.

Although the area is fully developed not much seems to be happening there at the moment however with the new airport, the pace of house construction may increase. Eventually the area will take off but is things continue the same as they have in the past then 3 years timeframe is not sufficient.

What time frame is sufficient mr Arshad.i have heard that prices doubled there in last 2 years is this true

I wouldn’t be surprised as priced have doubled almost everywhere in the last 1 or 2. I think that a 5 year timescale would be good and they area may see some more interest after the new airport which is due to start in 2015, but could be delayed again, as this is Pakistan. Also after G-14 CDA does not have any other sectors, and none seems to be in the pipeline and it usually takes CDA decades to develop a sector. To be honest I don’t see the point of CDA as it does not develop the capital and is more of a hindrance than help to the city. CDA needs major restructuring.

Prices doubled in last 1 year in these sectors, but no development, i won't suggest you to buy here, proposed plan of a road passing through I-14/15/16 which later had to link to Kashmir Highway for Airport has been cancelled, so rates are coming down here, If you are interested in this sector, wait for proper time, let the price fall more. Otherwise, re think on your decision, try Bahria Enclave, Islamabad or B-17 E block.

I have not seen prices going down in these sectors secondly 5 year time frame is huge what returns could be expected after five year

FOECHS maybe an option but since the road access is being cancelled then this wont really have much positive other than they will rely on their development standards.

But what if the sectors get access through h-16 with kashmir highway.

In my opinion prices of fully developed sector are unlikely to go down files are other way round their depreciation is possible in this environment of high inflation after change in gov it is less likely that prices will go down they are still at the moment until some thing substantial occur in these sectors

Kashmir highway will be a great plus as kh will be main road to new airport

Dear saeed 5 years time frame is enough it will almost double prices or even more then double inshallah or more because after 5 years any part of zone 2 (developed) prices will be high inshallah