Investment in Gulberg Greens

Dear experts

Please advise on investing pkr 25 million in gulberg green 4 kanal plots (sector c or d) from a medium to long term prospective (4 to 5 years) investment perspective

What are the gains expectation in the next 4 to 5 years from gulberg green investment?

No one seems to be interested to respond to this?

Well I am no expert, but I think that at Rs. 60 Lac/Kanal, Gilbert Greens still has a lot of steam.

Considering the positives

• direct access from Islamabad Hwy (that is getting expanded)

• good development standard

• hardly 16-17 KMs from main Islamabad where a 10 Marla plot costs more than this

• large businesses moving to Gulberg greens (e.g. Telenor) - this would have a positive impact on prices

Great location, fully approved by CDA, Telenor HQs about to start Operations, frobels school in final stages, lots of malls developing fast, I am in love with it. Definitely a dream area 2-3 years down the road, I always think of it as F-6, F-7 sectors of 70s, lots of people missed that train, so if you can afford go for it

You might disagree but I just like it a bit too much, wink

Agree with Sam.100% safe,best access and well developed and i am sure it will rise further.

Regards

Agreed with all above, but you are not going to find any possession plot in C for 25 Million, and if you go for D block then pls make sure that the land is clear even if its not developed,

good luck with your search

Thank you all for your useful input.. I have noticed the prices are stable for the last 2 years in this project?

any reason for minimal gains despite being so popular with all experts here?

People are just ignoring it for some odd reason, I mean with this price tag 4 kanals for around 2.5-3 crores , what else do you want ?

Remember ,Gulberg Greens has bigger kanal area like in Punjab so it's equivalent to 5 kanal of Islamabad, Gulberg Greens 4 kanal is 100*220 approx

I would highly recommend Gulberg Greens 4 kanals farm house in this budget. In my opinion best location in this budget. If you have not visited this place so far then please youtube it and you will find some videos of Gulberg Greens to get an idea.

It's very pretty/awesome/stunning. (Period). I Love it.

The development work is in full pace in block D and it's the best time to jump in. The D block is on heighted location so good for home construction. All I am talking about if you want to live there Or Investment purpose. For rental - I don't have any idea.

I am doing research on it from last couple of months and below are the rough rates of 4 Kanal FH in D Block.

1. 200 series plots are around 250~255

2. 480/500 series plots are around 225~230

3. 680/700 series plots are around 220~225

Thanks and good luck. May Almighty Allah do whatever is good for you and your family.

No for investment purpose, Yes for building & keeping long-term.

I've been also looking in to commercial options in Greens area as I see major businesses occupying commercial space in near future. Even if property market goes down, commercial will still thrive in rental values.

Block D of FH has huge fillings in some areas. However, the 4 kanals plots are all on height.

Bear in mind, however, that more than 60-70% land, where 4 kanal plots are situated, is not purchased yet. It is around 400 kanals land and the villagers are still living there. No doubt at the end of the day these poor villagers will give up in front of the IB but at the moment the land is not clear.

You can google it and see it for yourself or visit it and see the villagers and their animals still living there, in the area where the majority of 4 kanal plots are situated. At the moment only plots on D-10 street and some on the Eastern half of D-14 street appear to be clear.

The future, to me, appears to me bright if you can hold it for 3-5 years. As somebody pointed out that basically the 4 kanal is equal to 5, 5 equal to 6 and 10 equal to 12 kanals because in gulberg a kanal is equal to 600 sq yard. Example 5 kanal is 110x245= 3000 sq yards.

what are the rates of smaller plots 10 marla and kanal in gulberg residencia?

Thanks to every one for such useful information

Any idea how long it will take for the full possession of D block and whether it is safe to go for plot in D sector still not in possession? Is there price difference within D Sector between possession and non possession plots? I am talking about 4 Kanal plots only.

Also, please advise what other factors to be careful while I am finalizing the plot. As i will have limited time to finalize, i want to make sure I have checklist ready to complete the process.

lastly, I have not got a convincing answer to the question that if the project is so attractive, why have the prices been stable for last three year i.e. Since 2014 with no to minimal gains? Had some one invested in 2014 with the same vision of 4 to 5 years investment as I am looking at today, he would have not made any gains. Can some one explain the reason?

thanks.

Donatello,

Who said there is no gain in Gulberg Greens? I was searching for a Farm house in C Block in end of 2015, start of 2016. At that time 5 Kanal in C block 23-50 series was 270-280 lakhs, now go and check the prices. They are close to 4 crores now.

Gulberg Greens will be like Model Town of Lahore in coming years, where only Elites will be living.

Try to buy on ground Farm house plot in C-Block. But you will have to increase your budget a bit.

I have visited block D last month and I have not seen any villager's animal or villagers houses. During my visit, I did not get a chance to see 600/700 series plots which are close to the end of D block(near Knowledge City). But in 200 series and 400 series 4 kanal plots I did not see any such things.

As per my research - the land is clear in D Block. May be I am wrong. The land which is not clear yet is the one where it says "Future Extension" in the map.

Regarding raise in prices - I heard that 2 years ago, there was one 10 kanal plot purchased for around 390 in D block, and sold recently on around 590.

Thanks,

400 series 4 kanal plots appears to be clear which is at the far north end of D, though they are not at height. However, the 200 series 4 kanals are for sure not clear and the villages are there and people are living there. The villages are there on the google map plus on the ground they do exist very much.

Block D is a big block and from the expressway only part of the D block is visible. One has to drive up towards the north to see that there is a piece of land (villages) sandwiched between the levelled pieces of land on its south and north side.