Investment options other than property

Hope you all are doing good.

Please share idea/options for investment in pakistan other than property sector especially for people living abroad. I have been thinking but couldn’t find anything that could match property investment although real market extremely slow after new taxation etc.

Dear Mani,

Mutual fund is doing wonderfully well in Pakistan. You can try any provider for instance Meezan bank which runs average profit on high risk package (profit &loss) over 20 percent per annum. This is after tax.

With real estate sector declining and stock market booming, this can go even higher this year. So I would advise all overseas bros to consider mutual fund options. This is much safer than investing in stocks yourselves.

There is no fear of fraud and you can monitor/manage your funds online.

Thanks Isloo1.

Stay away from interest related investment it will have repercussions through out your life and family and you will never know what caused it cuz it is a big haram.

Thanks Faani.

Good point bro, i was considering the same thing and will never go to interest (Riba).

Faani dear, I did not suggest an interest based option. A mutual fund is in fact investment in stock market by a company which collects funds from individuals and then distributes profit and loss as they earn or lose on stock trading. I suggested Meezan bank coze it is riba free, totally on profit and loss, and they do not invest in interest-based securities and bonds. Your money does not go into interest-based economy but goes into real business and industry. And bcoz our stock market is performing exceptionally well for last few years therefore profits are high. This is from my research, but you should do your own satisfaction by visiting the bank.

There might be other options from other providers of Islamic products that you can explore.

A Mutual Fund is preferred as opposed to directly investing in stocks, bcoz they have market experts who invest very carefully therefore risk of loss is minimum.

That is a very good question and Mutual fund is one option.

Please discuss and share other options as well. This would be big help for overseas investors.

Is there any business one can do while sill sitting overseas? Which could help individuals in Pakistan to grow their business and investors could get some returns?

In Europe, there are various microinvestment opportunities for startup companies, which I guess is still far away to reach in Pakistan.

Then there are companies who are providing car parking spaces in Europe, and investers can buy only one spot and get share from renting that space.

Then there are companies who give opportunity to purchase containers and then you get monthly / quarterly returns by renting out those containers.

Both car space and containers are actually managed by someone else, we lease car space or containers to these companies and they further lease to someone else.

In the end, you just spend some money online and get monthly / quarterly returns while sitting home. Is there something equally good in Pakistan available? If not, can someone please step ahead and start such services? :)

I think the best but the most difficult plan would be launch something which can help the country in a broader perspective. Some one with a skill for example doing some innovative work and producing something which can be used by the locals and decrease dependance on foreign products or even export it for that reason.

@Mani : there is no quick fix solution. Before you invest in anything, spend time in understanding the guts of the play. Start with doling out smaller chunks, to get your feet wet. Consider it as sunk cost for learning the ropes. Wait for the right opportunity, and don't rush in on hype behind the hearsay. Of course if you are ready for big swing and misses then by all means go all guns blazing. However, remember that people in Pakistan always share their success stories, especially in property. They never share the tales of lost millions in botched up deals. Each investment basket has its pros and cons. Space and time are limited otherwise I would have explained a bit more.

In short considering the amount of risk you are realistically willing to undertake, the amount of time you can give to your venture, and the level of stress you can tolerate is directly proportional to what your investments will yield in any venture. You can use this formula to consider different options.

Invest on your beauty ,Give me choomia and i will pay you

ASAD, be careful. In some cases you might have to ask for full refund.

Mani, Shakir, Faani and Bilal: Other things you can do as overseas Pakistanis is to explore markets for Pakistani products and help promote the export. This will not be easy, especially if you have no experience. Take small steps, initially, just do networking and learn about it. Your sustained and gradual efforts will take you there. Exports is what your country needs desperately.

Keep your faith in honesty and don't get discouraged with small losses.

Invest in cryptocurrencies

I have been advised to invest in mutual fund bcz of safe and good return when I investigated mutual funds invest in Pakistan and abroad in international companies. I found some of the companies they invest were producing wine and banking sector which rely on interest only banking. I decided not to incest. If you want to invest in mutual fund ask your agent the portfolio of companies in which mutual fund make their investments and you will find truth. Secondly, its great idea to promote Pakistani exports link up with local companies and being a overseas Pakistanis you can link up with overseas importers it will benefit both your home country and you. If you cant get involved due to some reason then invest in DHA, Bahria or Fazaia projects:)

I am based in UK if someone have any idea to export anything in Europe or any other part of the world please feel free to contact me. I am happy to work with anyone who has passion in import export business.

my contact on whats up: 0044 7737637597

@mudassar.imran you can find different investment options other than property but nothing is as stable as real estate.
yes, people have made significant gains in cryptocurrency and stocks in the past few years but that is all subjected to a minor fluctuation in the market. even a small crash will cost you hundreds of dollars which in PKR becomes a handsome amount.
investment in real estate grows slowly but if you do it smartly, you earn hefty returns in a short period of time. there are projects of DHA which are currently in demand.
it is usually a long term plan to invest in property but it can be short term too. it all depends on how much time you can spend to find lucrative projects that offer short and medium term returns.

Sad tale of crypto scam

In Pakistan

…and in the US