Is there any benefit of Margalla Avenue for residents of E-16/17?

Please tell me that Margalla Avinue will be usable for residents of E-16/17 or not. I means new Margalla Road will be near or Motorway Chowk and Kashmir Avenue will be near and good approach to go Islamabad distance wise?

To go to Kashmir Avenue we have to cross Tarnol phatak? There is sometime very crowed and rush. It wastes time.

Is there any benefit of Margalla Avenue for residents of E-16/17?

Dear Rizi,

The entrance of E-16/17 on gt-road is right in the middle i.e. About equi-distant from Kashmir avenue access and Margalla Avenue access. If you are at e-16, you can turn left for Margalla Avenue (planned) access and right to get to Kashmir highway. But for Margalla Avenue access you may have to make a u-turn to get to the correct side of the road. For Kashmir highway you will not have to make you turn, you can simply turn left for Islamabad. But with Margalla Avenue you will avoid heavy traffic of Tarnol phatak.

Dear Rizi,

Definitely E-16 will get benefit of Margalla Avenue as you have a supplementary way for main Islamabad Tarnool Phatuk will be skipped plus if you are going towards F-10 then Margalla Avenue will be better approach then Kashmir Highway distance and time wise.

Take a look at this.

There are some issues looking with Margalla Avanue (it is just claimed, but not actually according to grand plan). The only 5.5 km patch c/d principal road will be constructed and rest will be for future. And this is 1km away starting from Sang Jani.

Don't think Margalla Highway will be completed till June 2013...